Dismay.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Hey, I'm back! India was a blast, and I've got loads to show and tell, but I'm still sleepy and lazy, so I haven't exactly uploaded and/or resized the pics to post up. What's a post about a trip without any pics, right? So, India for my blog will just have to wait a little while. Heh.

Of course, since my last update, I've gotten my results. I suppose those of you who haven't seen me since then have been wondering what the outcome was, so well, hang on.

Was online with
Jo at that time on MSN, and I put off accessing my results for at least twenty minutes past the time when they were released. So, finally, I steeled myself up and mustered up the guts to type the bloody long URL address that we were given into the browser and pressed Enter. And it was torture, I'll tell you that. My awfully slow connection decided to be ancient-tortoise-like, of all days. After what seemed like FOREVER, the final page with my results finally loaded.

results_1

And I was happy. I really was. 90 for English, 88 for Accounting, 86 for Economics, 93 for Maths A, and 74 for Maths B. I was typing away to
Jo, saying that I got the grades that I expected to get. And I really was all jolly and happy, because I think I did really well. I'm not being egoistical or big-headed or stuck-up or anything, but at that point of time (and after awhile, after I sobered up from the shock) I was glad; I got the grades I expected, which was 4 High Distinctions and 1 Distinction, and the marks I'd gotten surpassed my expectations.

But then, I took out a calculator and added up my total. A total of my top four subjects, with 10% of my other subject. And it equalled up to 364.4.

While the scholarship requirement to Monash Uni is 365. Fuck.

I would have been perfectly fine if I had gotten a 360 or something. I would have been okay. But to be so near, and yet so far. That sucks. You don't know how it feels unless you've experienced something like this before. It completely sucks, let me tell you that. I felt like crap at that time, after adding up my marks a couple more times to make sure that I hadn't messed up with the calculator. To think that 0.1 mark could cost my parents an extra few thousand ringgit. If only I'd spent a few more minutes studying instead of going out for mamak, a few more minutes preparing for presentations, a few more minutes on the research project, a few more minutes checking my topic tests. Would I have made the cut? God knows. But I don't. But I gotta be thankful, grateful, that I did do this well. I did good. And I know that. It's just that I didn't do a little better.

If I had blogged right after my results, I would have sounded very upset. But right now, I suppose I'm a lot more acceptive than upset. Nothing I can do about it. Of course, I'm not going to give up just like that; I've worked too damn hard to let it go. I'll be trying to appeal for that scholarship and maybe apply for other scholarships. So who knows, right? Keep your fingers crossed.

And in the meantime, to all the precious people who wouldn't let me sit around alone and mope that night; big big big thank you to
Suki, Mary, Siokkwan, Wenxue, Ming and Ching. I didn't want company, but it was probably the only thing that I needed at that time, and you guys saw that. Karen for her motivating SMSes. Darren and Mr. J for making me feel better when I went back to college the following day. Thank you all. You made me feel so loved =)

Will be going back to college again tomorrow, for an briefing on orientation emcee-ing, which I'll be doing for the Student Services Dept on the 3rd and 4th of Jan 2006 [OMG, it's almost the new year!], and to talk with the Monash people on what they can do about my marks, and probably to collect my MUFY graduation cert since Graduation Nite was when we were in India on holiday. Graduation Nite was apparently a huge blast, and I'm a little disappointed that we missed it. As expected, super-genius
Ji Keon won top MUFY scholar among all MUFY providers (which spans Malaysia, Australia, South Africa, and maybe Vietnam, but I'm not too sure about that) with a total of 402. Amazing. That guy is seriously brilliant, and he's a great guy as well, so if you ever do read this, congrats, Ji Keon, English class was fun with you around and maybe you'll already be Dr. Looi the next time I see you. Lol.

MUFY's over. Seemed like it was only yesterday that it'd started. All the people I've met, all the lecturers, the silly jokes; it was special. Another milestone in my education down, and not long more before I move on to the next one. We're all growing up too fast, and time is F1-ing away before our very eyes.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram