A Million Things All At Once.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

So, after so many times throughout the past three years, I'm pretty convinced that my genius hypothesis of "Wendy only blogs when she has a plethora of many other things to tend to" has been well and tested and is on its way to becoming a full-fledged theory.

I've got the first Auditing & Assurance assignment due on Wednesday. Progress? 1% (e.g. I've read the question. Heh.)

Catch up on tutorial work.

Heaps of things to complete for the business.

Family stuff to do.

Clean my room (I think this one has been on hold since January or so.)

Spend time with the people going back to over the seas soon (read: Paul, Wei Soon and all you other Northern Hemisphere students).

Think of what to do to my now messy, unruly mass of curls for the Ball.

.
.
.

And yet, I'm sitting here dusting off the cm-thick layer of dust off of this blog. Funny how things work out.

I've always said that I can't quite bring myself to write with the fluidity that I used to be able to. I don't know why, but it's something I miss. I dig out old play scripts, old essays, short fiction stories, poems, feature articles I wrote back in the days and am amazed at the way that my teenage (Hah! See, now that I'm officially 20, I can say this like the old bugger I am) mind strung words together.

I miss the easy nights just typing away and putting thoughts and feelings into words. Maybe it's the fact that I just simply don't have the time anymore. Maybe it's the fact that Monash loves torturing us with so many few thousand words assignments that I'm completely all worded out by the time each semester finishes. Or maybe it's just that I'm older. (So, maybe it's a good thing I didn't attempt journalism like I wanted to at first. Funny how things turn out.)

OR MAYBE, since I am now called blonde almost on a weekly basis, could it be that it's actually getting to me? (Geez, I wonder who does this? -_-)

Regardless of all the going-ons, I just wanted to take this space to say a very heartfelt thank you to the many family members and friends who more than went out of their way to make me feel so loved on my twentieth. Missing the Olympics opening ceremony, enduring the pain-in-the-ass jam, coming for the afterparty when they couldn't make the dinner, the many lovely surprises especially from the chi-muis, birthday hugs - I couldn't possibly list them all down. I love you all, and I am truly blessed to be able to have this all in my life.

Okay. Hallmark moment over, hee. Time to go slog away with my Microsoft Word, pulling 2000 words out of nowhere with the beautiful "Sempurna" by Andra & the Backbone playing in the background. Gotta love emo Indonesian music.


Random pictures just for fun:



To be young and without a care in the world, sigh.

(Wow, I didn't think it was possible, but my eyes were even smaller then o.O)



Sigh why couldn't MU have come? But oh well, it was worth it too. Free RM103 tickets, and John Terry is omg hot like whoaaa.


Oh mmmmm, our favourite irresistible Classic Chocolate Cake at Ms. Read's. Come on, look at that and tell me you don't wanna taste it too?


Yee Kor's birthday. (Hmm, maybe I should have one candle on my cakes from now on too. LOL.)


<3

Half the uni gang.


I just realised that this was the Taman SEA Leo Leadership campers reunited (short of Sheng!). :D Good times.


Andrew and Andrew, Kish, Wei Soon, Josh and Eugene. All so nicely dressed up!


On my birthday with the precious darlings, sources of all the noise and laughter at home; ranging from 9 years old to five months - times flies, gosh. Baby Jayden looks terrified, lol.

(I look like a very fertile victim of teenage pregnancy, HAHAHA.)



Jayden's baptism last Sunday where he wailed the church down. Lol. Even kisses from Pastor wouldn't calm him down.


OOH, HELLO!


Part I of III, of our very syok sendiri Friday, two nights ago where the most expensive thing paid for was the RM5 parking in Eastin Hotel. Lol.



Okay, okay, for real this time - Audit Assignment beckons. Bye.

p/s: Yes, I know. The number of parentheses in this post kinda scare me too. :P

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram