On a Rainy Afternoon.

Friday, November 21, 2008

(Exams are finally over and Wendy Tan is a happy wtf very very very busy girl. But of course, it's a good kind of busy to occupy herself before she starts panicking about results in a week's time. Okay okay, I'll shut up now.)

It's been pouring and pouring and pouring. I vaguely remember loving the sound of rain pattering on my windows and the whole house just being dark. And then I'd go snuggle up on the sofa surrounded by pillows and daydream. Now, it's not that it's any less therapeutic, just that as you get older, realism seeps into some of those little vices.

Rain... it's still therapeutic, but not when it hinders bright and sunny afternoons perfect for shoplog photo-taking, not when it gets so heavy that I can barely see the road when I'm behind the wheel, and most definitely not when lightning fries up my modem. Which happens quite a lot, and it really annoys me to no end.

Mary was over for our usual photo routine but of course, this time the kids are all on school holidays which means we get an additional four rambunctious kids running around and hovering over us. I go upstairs to grab my camera and come down to Joel looking like this. So obviously, we had to get Josh in it too and voila! Two very glammed up, Jedi-gone-satin-looking kids.



HAHAHAHAHAHA. Obviously they had to have the lightsabre in there too. They're not the floral satin Jedis for nothing, you know. Heh.

.
.
.

Yes, yes, I know. I'm a really boring blogger. There's a lot of things I want to jot down; end of exams, almost the whole world getting older in November, upcoming stuff, my fears of what's to come after this. I don't foresee any of those getting done. Heh.

I don't try to write for people. I don't try to think up interesting posts. I blog on a very superficial surface level; hence, there's really not much juicy stuff if you're looking for insight on me. For the friends over-the-seas who are looking to my blog for a form of update on my life, you really won't be getting anything at all. Maybe I just don't write with the same fluidity that I used to after three years of slogging through Accounting and Finance numbers. I whole-heartedly blame Monash for torturing me like that. Or maybe I'm just getting boring. At twenty! Geez.

On a different note, ABBA songs have been ringing and ringing... AND RINGING in my head for the past two days or so. I completely blame
Mamma Mia!. (Okay, Drew, I'm sorry for all the shit I gave you about liking it so much because...oh well, it's ABBA and it's freaking catchy. Aiya, but you forgive me right. Hee.)

Of course, the strangest part is seeing
Pierce Brosnan in a shiny, glittery jumpsuit...thing that looks like it has been painted on with a neckline reminiscient of J.Lo's plunging green Versace dress from many years ago. And ooh boy, when he opens his mouth to sing? Let's just say rewatching Bond movies will never be the same again. Much like how the vision of a padded-up singing John Travolta in Hairspray will always stay with me.

So, I came back and gave my
Ares a good workout, downloading all the ABBA songs I could find. Happy-fying music. The older sister-in-law came into my room late that night while they were on repeat and gave me a funny look. "Errr Wen, why are you so old-skool tonight?", she asked. Heh.

But then of course, I told her why and then we spent the next five minutes talking about the movie and merry ABBA songs. She says I'm born in the wrong generation. -_-"

"Gimme gimme gimme, a man after midnight!" *sings*


Yes, and guy friends can just stop offering themselves to me after midnight on MSN now thanks. It's ABBA lyrics! HAHAHAHA.


*

And on a side note,
Bethany Joy Galeotti (also known as Haley on One Tree Hill) really has one of the prettiest voices I have ever heard. I've always thought so, but I just have to say it out loud because it's amazing. Sucks that she got dropped by her record company; I'm guessing it's because she's not commercial enough. Thankfully, the producers of OTH are letting her sing so much this season.

I don't know why I'm keeping up with OTH while abandoning all my other series. I'm way behind in Heroes and Grey's and what not. But not with OTH. Comfort zone, I reckon. Strange, isn't it?

*

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram