Four letters, one word... time.

Saturday, October 04, 2014

I remember a time where stringing together random words could describe everything I was feeling, everything under the sun for me, and lift the weight off of my shoulders. I haven't sat in front of an empty blog post in what feels like a long, long time. I still remember a time where my fingers could type furiously, dancing over the keys, only stopping for the next paragraph. That fluidity doesn't come any more, instead, there's pregnant pauses and heavy hearts.

Maybe some things you just don't get any longer with time. Time is that one scary concept, that one constant that is so unknown yet contributes to the very beauty of life. Time changes all, slowly, stealthily, before you even know that things are no longer one and the same. I guess we're so caught up chasing shiny diamonds that we don't stop enough to see just what time has done to us. Or is it that we're too scared to stop running, too scared to face time itself?

Time changes all... but does it? I believe in the very core of a person, that deep down there is something that is unshakeable, unmoveable. Call me a dreamer, but I believe in the very goodness of people. There's something deep within you that is the true essence of you. What makes you, you. It's only with time that we get disillusioned, with falls that we get hardened, with freedom that we get lost. But if we choose to look hard enough, beneath all the fronts and layers, beneath all the scars and bruises from life, that person you used to be - no, the person you are - is still very much there. You only have to look. Or rather, you have to choose to look. And look hard, you must.

So really, time changes all, but maybe it also changes none. 


You Might Also Like

1 spoke

  1. This was beautiful and made me think, not only about your ideas of time, but also about sitting down and taking that moment to write and feel.
    Thanks for sharing :)
    L

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram