The Long Overdue Birthday Post.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

You all must be wondering how I managed to get my lazy ass off the bed and finally resize and upload and post the one-and-a-half month late birthday pictures. Lol.

You see,
Justin Timberlake's coming to Australia. The two early shows are completely sold out and clash with our exams. But, due to popular demand, he's doing one more show and tickets go on sale today at 9 a.m. It's like we're meant to go. Hah!

So,
Caryn and I were wondering whether to buy our tickets online, call Ticketek, or line up at one of the million Ticketek offices scattered around Victoria with all the other crazy fan-girls who've probably queued up since like 10 p.m. the night before. For the first two shows, even people who queued up all night and were in the first third of the line couldn't get tickets. :-S Guess the Down Under adores Mr. Timberlake.

Anyway, we decided to try our luck with the Internet because come on, it's cold and windy at night here. And we're not so crazy. At least I'm not. :P Yeah, so anyway,
Caryn tried her luck this morning buying through the website and she got them! Pretty easily too. So yes, thank you lucky full moon last night. Lol. Happily, she called me this morning to tell me and yes, I got excited and there was no way of me going back to sleep, so I came to post this. Yes, you gotta thank JT, or you'll never get to see these pictures. Lol.

*

So,
8th August 2007, known as the day Wendy turned 19th, otherwise known as the day Wendy woke up and ruined all her birthday surprises. Haha.

My birthday was on a Wednesday, the day which I had the longest schedule of classes. 9 a.m. Company Reporting lecture, 11 a.m. Tax Law lecture, and 2 p.m. Performance Measurement lecture, all of which are two hours long. So yes, 9 a.m. class, so I woke up at 8 a.m., thinking it was gonna be just another Wednesday morning. Reluctantly jumped into my fluffy blue house slippers and shuffled-shuffled-shuffled across the cold tiled floor, out of my bedroom and into the kitchen and I saw...

AP7210531
Sleepy Ching with my surprise.

She was trying to light the candles when I appeared in the kitchen. Lol!

Ching: "WHY YOU WAKE UP SO EARLYYYYY?!?!?!!!"
Me: (sleepily and confusedly) "...because I got class?"

We both ended up giggling. Haha. It was too funny, but yes, I was so, so, so touched. Goodness knows how early she had to wake up to take the train from the city all the way to Carnegie and then walk to my house from the train station in the cold, and then wake Serena up to open the door for her. Thank you, best friend!

AP7210528
Plus, it was Krispy Kreme doughnuts - best in the world.

AP7210527
Yummmm. Thank you dear Ching!

AP7210530
Sleepy eyes and smiles. :)

AP7210537
Me and the doughnuts!

Went for lecture after that, and poor, tired
Ching caught the train home. Groggily sat through Company Reporting lecture, nothing registering in the birthday brain. Lol. Got a lovely Red Earth set from dear Tricia in the lecture. Then, the evil people convinced me that it was my birthday and that I deserved to skip the rest of my classes for that day. Hee. And well, you all know how easily I give in, especially when it comes to skipping classes. -_- No self-control whatsoever.

Went to
tapau yummy Chicken and Mushroom pasta from C&B and happily walked home with Serena. Yao was at home when we got back, baking something as usual.

Yao: "Wendy, don't you have class today?"
Me: (sheepishly) "Yeah, but they were all so terrible... said I deserve to skip class because it's my birthday! (pause) What are you making?"
Yao: (glares at me) " -_-"A surprise birthday cake for you."
Me: "...oops."

Lol!

AYAO
Darling
Yao and the chocolate caramel slice she made. :)

AP7240584
Moving on to, the house party on Saturday! And no, I didn't ruin anymore surprises.

Adsfiwjeoijfsldmvdfg
Jas, Ching, Bryan, Poh.

Ay1pqqMvVTmFL_
Us girls.

AP7240571
Playing Taboo. The girls + Joachim totally creamed the guys.

AP7240565
The other guys at the poker dinner table.

ACandids
Candids. G-Mun, YK, John and Joachim. Okay, so Joachim's one isn't really a candid, but I didn't have anymore. Lol.

Asdkfjwoie
The housemates version: Mel, ZH, Yao and Adam, who's considered a housemate already because our house is his refugee camp. -_-"

AP7240574
Blind Man's Poker.

Ay1pqqMvVTmFL_iDDZfBrf3UtAwTqftZergPaU_f
I don't know what Ian's doinggggg. Lol.

ACI
:D :D :P :X

A110807 (16)
G-Mun & Seng Woo. Their hair looks quite same.

Ay1pqqMvVTmFL_hh7UnAHiNbOPYJIhw1I0pjVSRdh9XSXOcbS2Lh6dbNeA7LdVy9wRRr2-3-HtqK6Bw
The surprise cake, thanks to the guys! Yes, 19. Sobsss.

Ay1pqqMvVTmFL_gl4DaPJz8e-IIT0YsJX1tLceoK31HOQHk0zwDnHKqyAbKY7BgfJpgGjRd0aSEcdvM
*blows*

Ay1pqqMvVTmFL_jUfK2EBk7SYvc8cMgemx5cKDCo80ahe
Cutting cake, and yes, my hair is still that black.

A110807 (18)
Ching, me, Jas.

Ay1pqqMvVTmFL_iQe0tuR1MEBTtreVC8ePC8ObYW0C4qLbDM0Z
Aww, girls all in a row. Mich, Poh, Serena, Wen, Ching, Mel.

AP7240590
The tiramisu Quinnie made. Thank you! :)

A110807 (17)
G-Mun, SW, Quinnie, Caryn.

Ay1pqqMvVTmFL_iRmn6Y-F
Lol. Ernest and WK.

Adiel3roisfd
Animated-nya. Lol. Haha, I love having Aaron around for his candid shots...except when he takes some of me. -_-

Ay1pqqMvVTmFL_i99PsMR2L2nn9AwF2UTT
Poh, Jas, Ryn, Me.

Ay1pqqMvVTmFL_id4ClxsKCS7XMWlUSPGA8lZS5ZjucFe4i_JsjyNmdpwAlKIHaIF7qhb196gs4AgVA
All the girls minus Serena, who's hiding in the room with someone :P

An706471291_223340_3472
And finally one with Serena when she decided to come out and join us. Hee.

Ay1pqqMvVTmFL_gFn_Uiy_ftkoUwo2WJH7tuFEvx17jLNsjI5NIjkVYdrf-TqOBknw2jQr-9hUlD8Qg
Lol. I don't know what they're doing.

An706471291_222995_1022
Ryn, Wen, Jas. Stupid Jas' hair so brown. -_-

A110807 (48)
While playing cards.

A110807 (14)
Mel flanked by the two Hans.

AP7240585
Before playing charades with Taboo cards.

AP7240586
Ian and G-Mun.

AP7240589
1? Haha.

AP7240588
Waiting intently.

An706471291_223005_4356
Don't ask. Punishment of some sort. Haha.

An706471291_223006_4691
And more. Look how happy
WK and John look. Lol!

A110807 (37)
Lol.
Aaron trying to describe something.

I wish I could show you all
Ian's super historic charade dance. LOL. It's probably one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen. Tsk. Mr. Bean dance and all. I think someone has it on video somewhere. Youtube, here it comes!

A110807 (9)
Poh Yee, Michelle & Jasmine.

ACJW2
Escaping the noise in my room. Lol.

ACJW
And somemore.

Ay1pqqMvVTmFL_gvBMb8ESVyiNBw7o17PRhKFt6-lV0fnTKcP5B7PyDjXKJVoHdY4mKOAQD-9S1SsUI
My noisy 19th. <3


So there you have it, a brilliant time with awesome people, making my first birthday away from home a distinct memory. :) Thanks guys. Heaps of love, Wen.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram