I Wonder How I Wonder Why.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

I was a huge Westlife fan. Despite my eclectic music collection, I still am a Westlife fan now and I'm not ashamed to say it. Heh. I even went to see them twice in concert when they came when I was a boyband-crazed teenager and painted huge banners with Sharm & co when they came. Omg. /shy

I even still have my Coast To Coast poster up on my wall only because it fits the blue theme of my room and I'm too lazy to climb up on a chair to take it down because then it'll feel weird with an empty spot on my wall. Adam and Zhen Han sure got a kick out of that poster they first time they saw my room. -_-

So last night while waiting for Manda to come pick me up, I was randomly youtube-ing videos to rip and load onto the iPod and I stumbled upon clips of their recorded concert in Croke Park, Dublin (which is open-air and magnificent omg) which was to celebrate their tenth year in British pop and wham-bam, nostalgia slam.



They're amazing live. A lot of people can't stand them because they're cheesy, Ching being one, but I don't know, there's still something very magical about their music and harmonies and fantastic live performances. Of course, they cannot dance to save their lives and Mark looks as awkward as ever prancing around the stage, but it's strangely quite endearing. They're Westlife after all. (And I say it like that answers all questions, heh.)

And I still maintain that they are the best looking boyband around. The other boybands, they all at least have one black sheep but Westlife, despite their horrible band name, are all (still) very very hot.

If you see this at pasar malam, help me grab and buy. Aight?

Ahhh, I want the whole concert DVD right away but Vuze tells me that my torrent has 8 days and 13 hours to go. :( Plus I went to four DVD shops in SS2 and looked through their concert selection but to no avail so I'm just going to make do with the Youtube ones at the moment. It looks so awesome though because they started in the evening so you can actually see the sunset and the sky turn dark during the concert. And the place is hee-uge. Okay I'm going to shut up now for fear of sounding like I'm having a crazed fangirl moment. Video time.



This is a such a sweet song. It's called Catch My Breath, off their latest album but not a single. So yeah, just throwing it out here to get it some listens or else you may never ever hear it. Here you go, the stripped down Croke Park concert version.


And although time has passed, I still get surprised
At the pulling in my chest, when I know you're coming by
If this feeling's proving anything, it's not everything is gonna change with time
'Cause you're still mine

Did you know when you're around; my heart won't, it can't slow down
It beats so hard, it makes it hard to catch my breath
To catch my breath

Don't ever ask me if I'm sorry, or that I'm here with you
Baby you can bet, I don't regret the girls I never knew
Every day's another first, another chance for me
To fall in love with you
And I do.



Awww. It's such a sweet song about innocent love.


So, Westlife FTW. At least they're not woman-beaters like Mr. Brown. My awesome hearts-all-over-the-world song which I force the uni gang to sing with me everytime we karaoke may possibly never ever sound the same again. Sad reality.


Interview tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m. and I am so so scared! Eek.


Six days to go. :(

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram