Fifteen Days.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Food money food money food. What a combination.

I love CNY. I don't think as much as Christmas but I love big festivals like this because it's a time of gathering and fellowship. When you have a big immediate family as big as mine with people always working late or jetsetting around, it's difficult to get everyone down at a dinner table and chopstick-fight over yee sang and laugh as each other's silly-ness, all of which are only possible during birthdays and big celebrations like CNY. And well, of course there's also the teensy factor of red packets which makes it all the more enjoyable. Hee.


Pre-CNY activities in my house. Baking all day for two days straight!

Yay, I think this year we finally perfected the pineapple tarts. :)


ZH came back two days before CNY and in the spirit of festivities, we decided to go for a course Chinese dinner and with that came yee sang.

They all said there would be no luck for me because I was busy snapping pictures -_-

After dinner at Decanter with half the uni people.

Cheers to these days.

This is how we keep the havoc-wrecking boys occupied during the day before the first day of CNY because most of the house is preparing for the reunion dinner.

Reunion dinner.

CNY morning with the ladies of the house. And my messy room which I didn't manage to finish cleaning before CNY sigh I'm so epic fail at being disciplined

Even though my mum cooks up a batch of tung fun every chor yat morning, everyone still eats somemore when we go over to Ah Ma's house. I'm not even very sure why we eat it; I'm guessing it's some Hokkien tradition which one of us will have to wake up early enough on chor yat morning to learn how to make. Shucks.

Me and the sister-in-laws at grandparents place.

Amelia and Vanessa being pretty in pink.

It took us. Nearly. Forever. To get them organized for this pic. And Joel looks like he has a gap between his teeth because he greedily stuffed three pieces of chocolate into this mouth before taking this pic HAHAHAHA

Amelia checking out her adorable cheongsam.

My brothers trying to look intimidating. Hee.

Still trying to be intimidating. With the Guardian catalogue, no less. HAHAHA!

I really don't know if I look like my mum or dad. How can you all see it?

Children are damn layan when it comes to cam-whoring. In fact, they'll gladly give you funny-face shots rather than normal ones. Haha.

HAHAHAHA I can't tell if he's happy or traumatized LOL

More food on chor yat night with relatives over.

Second day's lunch at Canton-i. Omg these are adorable. Pek Wah, I bet you'd love these. :)

Dinner at brother's place on the second night.

She looks like a little doll, does she not?

Lunch at Oriental Palace during one of the Chinese New Year days to celebrate second sister-in-law's birthday. Each boy has his own little gadget. Kids these days. /tsktsk

Oh no I'm hungry now. :(

And then everyone gets fascinated by my camera's smile shutter function. Heh.

My attempt at being artistic with a non-DSLR (did I even get that right?) camera.

I want to look as young as that when I hit that age too.



And then it was just open house after open house after open house after open house. I think there was one every single night for the first week of CNY. Ching's, Jow's, Siokkwan's and Eva's on the same night, Ed's but then we dropped by Roger's first too, Mary's later at night. Mine came later next weekend and then on the last day we just crashed poor Pok's place because Adam self-invited us all. Lol. And not forgetting the meet-up at Pavillion with a handful of the SC people. Strangely enough I didn't take many pictures during the open houses. I think I was too busy losing money :( For someone who's birthday falls on 8/8/88, lady luck sure has forgotten all about me this year. I mean, Drew freaking won RM57 at my place that other day - blackjack, baccarat, gin (Did you win or lose at gin, Drew?) and swept away all the guys at hold'em.

And then there was clubbing for Ed's birthday smack in the middle of CNY. Very un-chinese activities but to make up for our lack of Chinese culture, we...
lou sang-ed in front of Bar Savanh. I know, how odd, but it was courtesy of management. And we also drank a lot and yum seng-ed. All very Chinese. Haha.

You thought I was kidding about the lou sang, didn't you?

Josh's fedora made the rounds that night.

Yum seng.

Drew looks like he's dreaming.

Best friend is leaving again to China soon and the sisters will be incomplete once again :(

Group pic!

The Uniten boys. Like a boyband.

Everytime there's a candid clubbing shot, Josh just stands out. Hey don't blame me okay! It must be your irresistible charm the camera is attracted to.

HAHAHAHAH. :P

Sisters for life.

And plus one. :)

Open house the next day at my place - 'tis the gin table. I've only ever played gin with tiles; is it the same with cards?

The very funny blackjack/baccarat players.

Uni peeps and poker.

Us girls minus Mel.

Fireworks outside sister's house in Desa Park City. My brother says that fifteen seconds of fireworks across the sky cost some guy in the neighbourhood a few thousand bucks. :-S

Pictures from yesterday's day out because Mich is super efficient at uploading pics. Hehe.

Mmmmm yum. Klang Bak Kut Teh in (I think) a shop called Teluk Pulai Pottery. Which was packed albeit there being mega construction going on in the drain outside.

Andrew looks damn sweaty after bak kut teh. Haha.

Everyone happily satisfied.

Self-timer shot in Pok's beautiful garden.

And the last dinner of Chinese New Year '09... and dieting better start immediately. Burp.

And that wraps up a whole fifteen days of fun, food, money and games. I daresay this year's was one of the best. Maybe as you get older you appreciate the smaller things more. Fighting to grab Snickers ice-cream with the family because there are limited ones. The simple times spent with family, especially after the incident in the previous post. Giggling at friends while they play blackjack and baccarat. Playing mahjong like aunties because we gossip over the shuffling of the tiles. Walking aimlessly through Hartamas Shopping Centre on a nice afternoon. Watching Jow physically jump as his Wii cow jumps over a hurdle. :D

All these things I hope I'll never forget, which is why I'm jotting them down here today.

I hope you had a fantastic Chinese New Year everyone, be it here or over the seas. :)

Okay now, can I get that job I've been asking for every time I
lou sang this year? Pretty please? Heh.

You Might Also Like

1 spoke

  1. is like been a year activities done in few days... Happy CNY~

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram