Xoxo, We Love You.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I’m blogging at work into a Word doc to look a bit more inconspicuous at my cubicle. Stealth, ain’t I? Hee.


Yes, I’ve got a full time job already. But no, I don’t think I’m going to be talking about it much here. The Internet, as much as we frequent it and Facebook with it, is a scary tool and I’m pretty sure I don’t want my boss googling the company’s name or a project we’re working on and be led to my blog from searches. That would be scary. Especially if I’m being extra bitchy about things. Heh. And I certainly don’t want them to see my innermost (Well, as innermost as the blog gets anyway.) thoughts, hosts of pictures of what I do in my personal time…and camwhore pictures. :-S How bad would that be?

So what’s been up? Work has been very routine thus far. I keep on telling myself it’s just a matter of time before I manage to adjust from a twelve hour per week class schedule, to four month bumming-about holiday, to now an 8:30 am – 6:00 pm day, five days a week. I surely hope so. The first week I was constantly tired straight after work despite doing nothing, but now it’s a lot better.

And some people may think I'm nuts, but I miss Monash. Crazy as that sounds.

The weekend yesterday and the day before was crazily tiring but very fulfilling. The best friends and I slaved away Saturday morning onwards right through to the wee hours of Sunday morning and stood around for about eight hours for xoxo.chic at the 3K Inn Bazaar. I kinda don’t want to look at our stock for about another week or something like that, but the experience of our first offline sale at a bazaar was all very exciting. It was all worth it in the end because customers looked happy with their purchases, people walking past and saying how pretty our stuff were, and after the first very emo and slow hour, I think we all were really having fun with what we were doing. Extra thank-yous to Ed the full-time mirror boy, Adam the part-time mirror boy, Josh the name card boy and Sarah, the sweetest ever voluntary helper we could have had. And Yin, Kim, MT and Laura who dropped by :)

xoxo.chic's little corner. (Which got so crowded during peak hours! And which of course, made us very happy. Oh and I would also like to proudly mention that the three of us independently assembled our very-sturdy-racks all by ourselves without any male assistance :P)

Mary and Siokkwan hard at work.

Our double rack which holds the dresses and dressier tops.

Part time mirror boy who enjoyed his work a lot more than he should have. Ahem.

Haha! Ed still proudly carrying his mirror even in group pics.

There we go, that's better.

Siokkwan. And Ed's table clothes. :P

HAHAHAHAH BIL

<3.

Mary's parents came by when it was our busiest yet so he got tons of pictures for when our booth was packed. The above ones are during times when we were free to take a breather, laugh about stupid things and try to bargain with our next door neighbours on discounts for tee-shirts. Heh.

So nights this week are going to be for me to slowly catch up my TVB EU drama, get enough shut-eye and nurse my poor sore throat. Of course this is whilst the boyfriend works his five-day work shifts, possibly even gathering enough anecdotes and oddities to be able to write a book called The Memoirs and Pains of a Tray-Wielding Part-Time Waiter or something along those lines after all this is over; and whilst the best friends and I take a well-deserved break from the clothes in our stock. Haha.


This came in the email recently cause I think I'm on their mailing list. It's so rare to see Bobbi Brown not in neutral earthy tones. Such happy-pappy colours! I wantttt. Should I splurge on this with the first paycheck? Eep. Then again, maybe not. That's one whole large chunk gone. Maybe it'll have to wait till I pamper myself after a year's of working or something. :(



And since I'm being self indulgent, I also want to watch this! Movie adaptations never really quite work out as well as they'd all like and even though it's chick-lit there was so much going on in this first book that they'll never be able to be true to it. Will they even manage to portray the endearing ditziness of Becky Bloomwood and the mega perfect strapping tall dark handsome amazingly perfect Luke Brandon properly?


And because it would be awful to force a guy to watch two chick flicks in a row, I also want to watch this one. I watched the very first one with these original four on some crappy DVD from pasar malam (Yes, it was that long ago.) and then skipped the next two cause they looked really stupid. Heh. Second brother kept on replaying the trailer to this one that other day so now I'm excited to see it.

I think have to work this weekend cause it's the half-year closing stocktake...so I can now only look forward to next weekend sigh :'(

You Might Also Like

2 spoke

  1. splurge on the first. hehe. get it out of your system. then start saving after :P

    i'm no help am i? hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg you're no help at all! Eeeee.

    I will be a perpetual pauper with your advice la friend -_-"

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram