Flicker.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Not a topic to bring a smile to your face. You have been warned.

BURNING

There's just people you click with; sometimes immediately, sometimes taking a long time to get on the same wavelength. You may have tons of friends, but are they really friends? I do think I have a fair number of friends, but how many of them are really, really, really friends? Are they the type who are reliable and would stick by you through thick and thin? If they aren't, they're just acquaintances, and nothing more.

FLICKERING

And then, something happens, as it usually does in our lives and suddenly you see that number of 'so-called' friends dwindling. Or you just grow apart in the course of time. Or seperated by miles. Let's face it, you do grow, it's very much so part and parcel of life. But on my part, at least, I believe if you make an effort to catch up, hang out and maintain that friendship, growing apart doesn't happen. Even as you become older, wherever you are, when you enter the real world, you need friends; you need to make that choice from within yourself to want to remain those close friendships that you've forged. Look to yourself first, before blaming anyone else for anything, for friendships that have gone stale.

DYING OUT

As I left Form 5, I definitely realised that drifting apart would happen. And as a matter of fact, I wasn't the only one. I was, almost, prepared. But as the human emotions take over, it does in a way sadden me that people who were so adamant that we'd remain close, are now miles away from me. And when I'm saying that, I do not mean physical distance. If you don't mean it, and are not willing to search for the time to maintain these emotional ties, don't even bother, because it's obviously not going to work, is it? You have people who are fake, in this time and day. There are people who go on, changing friends as they go. They have a close-knit group in sec school, and when they move on to college, those friends take the backseat and new ones come it; and the cycle repeats in university and so on. Think about it, are you one of them?

FLAMES

I'm not saying that everybody's like that, but you, and only you, have to sift out the bad seeds and realize that only the ones worth keeping are the ones who think you're worth it too. Know who are those who are willing to listen, give advice and support you, care and love you like family, laugh with you instead of at you, not needing to say a word but just being there for you when you're down. These are the ones you do not let go of. It takes two.


So, if you don't mean it, don't ever tell me we'll be 'friends forever', simply because it's bull and cock, and also because 'forever's way too far away to tell. I can see right through you.

"Friendship is not a one-way road, it is a journey travelled by two people hand in hand."

You Might Also Like

1 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram