The Drama of the Day.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I have this assignment due on Monday. Macroeconomics.

So, being like the hardworking good girl that I am, I went to the library to borrow some macro books as sources for my assignment.

The assignment questions are on Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and Consumer Price Index (CPI), so obviously I had to find books which included those two topics. Which is a pretty tough task in itself, because most of the books there are American textbooks which only includes a teeny miniscule part on CPI.

So, poor ol' me trudged to the contents of almost all the thin (obviously-lah, borrow thick book and susah-susah carry them home meh?) macroeconomics books there for what seemed like forever and got boo-scared by Ming in the process; and finally found two thin and light books which includes both GDP and CPI.

You can ask Ming how long I spent there.

All happy, already.

Grabbed my two precious books, say bye to Ming, and went to the checkout counter.

No queue somemore.

In such a good mood.

I even gave an extra big-megawatt smile to the librarian and handed over those two precious books to him for him to check out.

I found my library card without any hassle.

I gave it to him and smile again.

Then, he scanned my card and we heard a loud TEEEETTTTT! sound.

OMG.

OMG.

Error.

How was I supposed to know that you have to renew your blardy library card every semester?

*cries*

So, the librarian informed me that he couldn't let me borrow the books until I renewed my library card with my receipt.

But I didn't bring my receipt.

So, he took the books away from me and put them on the sorting shelf. The sorting shelf. Back to the myriad of books which I so carefully and painfully plucked them out from. :(

As I walked out of the library and stared at my precious books, I swear I could heard some sad instrumental song playing in the background. Like some sad emo-drama TVB series.

*sniffle-sniffle-ing*

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram