Catch Up With Me.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I am smelling the air of freedom and non-existent classes and exams. Hee!

Quick, quick update on what I've been doing thus far:

Sleeping. You just cannot get enough of this after exams. I'm paying my pillow back for all the lost hours of sleep. It has missed me dearly.

Precious TV time. One Tree Hill. Grey's Anatomy. Both of which have amazing new seasons. Should go watch. I'm trying to burn OTH for you, Mary and Suki, but there's something wrong with my craptulent CD burner. Healing Hands III! Heh. Amazing Race. I'm going to try to download Veronica Mars and Prison Break because everyone tells me it's oh-so-fantastic, but we'll see, because I'm kinda running out of disk space.

Buddies. I have missed hanging out with everyone so much. I spent over three hours just sitting with Siokkwan at a mamak and catching up with just about everything under the sun. How many people can you just sit with for a long, long time and still not run out of things to say? (Don't roll your eyes and say that I could never run out of things to say, okay? Heh. I can, too.)And then, we went out after that with Jo and Mary and Nick, got a couple of beers and just chilled. I'm going to miss little things like this if I go to Australia next year.

More buddies. Caught up with Sharmo, Manda, Karen and Mun Fong a few days after that. We went to watch this play at KLPAC. It's called 'The Odd Couple' and it stars Bernie Chan, Samantha Schubert and Elaine Daly, and a few other people which I'm ignorantly unaware of in the Malaysian performing arts scene. If you haven't been to KLPAC, it's actually a very pretty place. It's in the Sentul Park, which is a really gorgeous big landscaped park. It was raining, or else there would be pictures, but really, go check it out. It's really gorgeous at night, all lighted up. The insides of the centre is really pretty as well, very cost-minimal (words out of Mun Fong, the Limkokwing design student, so you know it's correct-lah) and very modern-looking.

Odd_couple_poster

I enjoy watching plays and musicals and stuff like this, so it was good to be able to go. It was just okay, IMO. The ending was just rather strange, and abrupt, and could have been different, I suppose. Elaine Daly was rather good, I must say. And before you look at the poster and think 'oh, how lesbo-looking', let me clarify and say that it's not! LOL.

Karaoke. Zhen Han, Mel, Bryan and I left straight to Pyramid after the Law paper for lunch. Went to this place, whose name kinda eludes me right now, but they have really good authentic Indian food. Almost like the stuff I had in India. Atmosphere's quite good. Comfy cushions and water running down one wall, and invert-comma salt and pepper shakers. Heh. Don't ask. Met up with Aaron after that and we went to Red Box. I have converted these people into Red Box lovers. Hee. We are a muhibah bunch. Everyone sings English songs. Zhen Han and Aaron can sing Mandarin songs. I sing Malay songs. Mel sings Japanese songs. Bryan, to round things up, put on some Bollywood song. LMAO. So, on the 2nd of November, there were five sesat people geleng-ing our heads to some Hindi song called 'Hey Brother!'. Omg. Hilarious stuff. The best songs to sing in a karaoke are the old school type though. You know, Backstreet Boys, Westlife, Spice Girls, Boyzone, stuff like that. Singalong classics. Everyone knows those. This time it was Aaron's turn to solo (When he wasn't too busy looking at the pictures behind the words, that it. you know what I mean!), because Darren was still having exams. :D

Clubbing. Went to let loose in Maison's after our last paper. It was like a Monash reunion there, let me tell you. Saw Pohyee, Caryn and gang outside, and inside we met Shawn, Kar Wai, Joy and more Monash people. Met Diane and Eugene, who was having his 19th birthday on that day, there too. And a lot of other familiar faces. Always seem to bump into Diane at clubs, actually, come to think of it. =P Awesome fun. It always is. Ladies night too. Came home, bathed, and just collapsed.

Babysitting. Little Amelia is so adorable. Her hair's grown longer, so it's not as spiky as before, and is all curly and pretty now. Hee. Have been playing board games with the boys. Their favourite is 'Who's the Boss', which a little like Monopoly. I don't think they quite mastered the whole idea of giving money and receiving change.

Me: Okay, you give me 50, 000, so I have to give you back 5,000, okay, Joshua?
Joel: Yerr, why Joshua so good one? Give money and can get back money one?
Me: (goes into a long-assed explanation about change)

*ten minutes later*

Joel: Nah, Wen Kor. 30,000.
Me: But it's only 10,000, boy. (tries to take 10,000 dollar note from him)
Joel: Dowanlah. Give you this one, because I want to get back money. So good.
Me: -_-"

*goes on until my bank runs out of small change*

Entertaining, I tell you.

*

My dad is being anal about letting me use the car. I don't understand why. I had a huge fight with him that other night over driving. Why is it that he doesn't let me take the car out? Why is it that he doesn't let me drive to college? He always gives me lame-assed excuses about needing the car, or some other crap and it's honestly bullshit. My sister has this theory about him wanting to still be involved in my life, and him possibly feeling left out or something like that. I mean, I can try to understand that. I have possibly a lot of freedom when it comes to going out compared to a number of people, but all I'm asking for is the ability to get around myself sometimes. During the freaking day. I'm not even asking to drive at midnight, because I know my mother will be worried sick. Just in the day. I'm tired of asking people to give me lifts here and there. I feel bad for always hitching rides from Jo, Ching, Siokkwan, Sharm, Manda, Zhen Han, Darren and everyone else. I feel bad, and I'm sorry.

*

I am a dork... because it isn't even mid-November and I'm already in the Christmas mood. Heh. Listening to Christmassy songs make me all happy. Let me spread the joy with some songs; uploaded some Christmas songs by some mainstream & indie artists.

Copeland - Do You Hear What I Hear
Jack Johnson - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Avril Lavigne & Chantal Kreviazuk - O Holy Night
Bright Eyes - Blue Christmas
Eisley - The Christmas Song
Mandy Moore - Walking In a Winter Wonderland
Ron Sexsmith - Maybe This Christmas
Low - Just Like Christmas
The Used - Alone This Holiday
Emery - The Last Christmas
Plain White T's - Seasons of a Lifetime
Leona Naess - Christmas
Kelly Clarkson - O Holy Night
The Ravonettes - The Christmas Song
Barenaked Ladies & Sarah McLachlan - Christmas Medley
Smashing Pumpkins - Christmas Time
Aly & AJ - The First Noel
Aly & AJ - We Three Kings
Eve 6 - Noel
Relient K – I Celebrate the Day
Sufjan Stevens - We Three Kings
Dandy Warhols - Little Drummer Boy
Dido - Christmas Day
Jewel - Hark! the Herald Angels Sing
Sixpence None the Richer - It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
Something Corporate – Forget Christmas
Death Cab For Cutie - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
Hem - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Gavin DeGraw - Silver Bells
Gavin DeGraw - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Jimmy Eat World – Last Christmas
The Perishers – Blue Christmas
Tyler Hilton – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Rachael Yamagata – River
U2 – Christmas (Please Come Home)
Keane - White Christmas
Matthew Ryan - Little Drummer Boy
Fall Out Boy - Yule Shoot Your Eye Out
Coldplay - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Sense Field - Happy Christmas (War Is Over)
Switchfoot - Evergreen
Vanessa Carlton - Greensleeves
Eels - Everything's Gonna Be Cool This Christmas
Sheryl Crow - Run Rudolph Run
Sheryl Crow - Blue Christmas
Phantom Planet - Winter Wonderland
Jimmy Eat World - 12.23.95
Pilate - Fairytale in New York
Jack's Mannequin - The Lights and Buzz
Belle and Sebastian - O Come, O Come Emmanuel
Snow Patrol - When I Get Home For Christmas
Rooney - Merry Xmas Everybody

Sarah McLachlan also has a gorgeous Christmas album out called Wintersong. Try getting it.

*
Till next, Wen loves you. =)

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram