Retail on the Other End.

Friday, August 17, 2007

I have become one of those jolly, cheerful, smile-plastered-on-the-face retail assistants today.

"Hey... how's it going?"

I was so enthusiastic and chirpy and helpful that I kinda scared myself a little. Heh! I went to shop a little after my shift ended and realised that everyone else in the other stores are so unfriendly and grumpy. Go me.

First day on the job was okay. I'm awful with the cash register and folding and bagging everything. Awful, with a capital A. But other than that, it went fine. My feet are absolutely killing me though; I probably shouldn't have worn the boots today. Working in a clothing shop is completely different though. I've done telemarketing tons before, but that was totally different, because
you're being connected to your customer through a receiver and a curly piece of wire. On a bright note, I'm thinking this job will look good on my resume when I'm back home, because it's a job in Australia. Let's hope so.

Came straight to uni after my shift and after going into Glassons and finding out that the gorgeous top I've wanted for a week is actually $49.95 *throws tantrum* and am actually supposed to be getting started on my dinosaur 3000-word Tax Law assignment. But you know how it is, I only ever seem to blog when I'm NOT supposed to. When I've got all the time in the world,
this space gets neglected like how a girlfriend does when its the World Cup.

So, yeah. Tax Law assignment and the objective versus the subjective approach to determining the deductibility of interest expense on a taxpayer's assessable income. Blah. I thank God that I've got a great partner. Vaida's a sweetheart and possibly one of the nicest people I've met here. And I've got a lot of articles to refer to thanks to Joanne, Alicia and Jia Yi. But still, Tax Law's Tax Law. So much to read and digest. I think Mary put it best when she said that tax was already bad enough, let alone put it with law. Put it together, and yes, basically you're shitted.

Oh well. I best stop procrastinating and get to work. I've got three hours here, before I go back and indulge in yummy spicy food. Dear Serena's cooking beef rendang today, and yes, I am so lucky to be her housemate. Hee.

See you all soon, and I love each and everyone of you.

P/S: I didn't say this before because it was still early stages, but now I want to share the awesomely super-duper happy news with everyone because I'm super psyched.

Everyone remember Evelyn, my darling big sis-in-law? Well, she, and my older brother Raymond are pregnant! *throws confetti in air* (Yes, yes, I realise that only the woman gets pregnant, but it's such a joint thing, don't you think?) I'm so, so, so happy for them and by the time I get home, Evelyn will be all round and bubble-y and...I am going to be an auntie again. For the sixth time. Oh my. And if you want to count my cousins kids, well I've been an aunt for almost ten times, and still counting. How old does that make me sound, seriously?

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram