MIA.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Ugh. The Internet at home is not working. It hasn't been working for five days now, I think, and it's annoying the crap outta me. I feel so shut off from the rest of the world without Internet, lol. Apparently our landlady has called Telstra, and they claim that there's nothing wrong with the line on their side. Sheesh. Well, we're not getting any Internet on OUR side - isn't the customer always right?

So, as usual, I'm sitting in the library, getting my fix of the World Wide Web.

Got the job, as I said in my previous post. Went for an induction, which was basically just filling out tons of paperwork and Tax File Number stuff and signing contracts and receiving employee handbooks and stuff like that. I really wonder if shop assistants in Malaysia go through all these.
Ching was pretty surprised when I told her that I needed to send in a resume for this job. And ironically, right after that, we went grocery shopping in QV, and saw that even the position at the bakery required you to send in a resume.

We surprised
Zhen Han on Saturday with a belated birthday dinner. Adam came from Frankston to be our accomplice, and bring Zhen Han out of the house so that the four of us could prepare dinner. Woke up early in the morning, and Yao, Serena and I made our way to Springvale to buy the veggies and meat, while Mel stayed at home because the cleaners came, and also to make sure that the two guys got out of the way so we could have the house to ourselves.

Came back at 1 plus, and surprise surprise, they were still at home, playing some computer game. Well, too bad, we started cooking, and
Zhen Han didn't even come out of the room one bit. Hah. Finally, they left to have lunch at about 4 in the evening (Yes, lunch) and then to Princes to play pool, and we all rushed around finishing the dinner.

Yao - whom if you all haven't already gathered - is a fantastic cook, so she was obviously in charge of the main dinner while the rest of us helped out. Let's see what we had - chicken wings in mui choy, wintermelon & lala soup, sliced beef and tomato stir-fry, an assortment of mixed vegetables, and dried tofu strips with chilli and cabbage. Everything sounds weird typed out in English but you only need to know one thing - it was damn good. Lol. I made honeymelon sago again, and Nutella cheesecake (which disappeared in two days, so it feels very satisfying for me). Hee.

We switched off all the lights when
Adam msged to say that they were on their way back, which I suppose did seem a little fishy because our house is never ever pitch black. We don't pay the electricity bills so we don't really care about conserving energy. So, yeah, that was suspicious, and plus, when they opened the door, the first thing they smelt was food.

Zhen Han: (mumble mumble mumble something about where everyone is) Is this a surprise?
Us: (at the same time, we switch on the lights) SURPRISE!

-_-" Damn cha tou.

But all in all, he looked a litttttlllleeeeeeee bit surprised, so I guess it didn't turn out that bad. And of course,
Yao's cooking was fantastic, so we were all very full and satisfied at the end of the night. Finished off dessert with the two bottles of white wine sitting in the fridge and then went out to get more beers and drinks and played poker. Yes, I finally know how to play poker. Hee. I must've been the only eighteen year old person on the planet who doesn't know, but now I do. And I even know a few different kinds of poker now. I feel so enlightened, heh. Although I can deal better than I play, no thanks to the guys because everyone else went to sleep and they needed a dealer. Sheesh.

Ooh, and exciting stuff - will be going off to Mt. Buller this coming Saturday. Which is like in what, two days time? Just knew about it only yesterday, so it feels even more exciting because it's pretty last-minute and all. Timing's pretty good actually, since I actually bought a beanie yesterday on a whim. Hah.

Nothing much else that's going on.
Mel and I made a list of things to do before leaving Australia just now during Performance Measurement lecture, so hopefully we get at least 80% of those things done, if not all. I suppose I'll be starting work soon. And yes, as usual, I didn't get the Taxation Law lecture this morning. I'm so screwed.

Hopefully the bloody Internet comes back sooner rather than later. Talk to you guys then!

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram