Missing You.

Sunday, December 09, 2007

I'll miss the absolutely crazy weather which hails in the midst of a bright and sunny afternoon, rains all through our Great Ocean Road weekend and turns completely sunny the day after, and all its ups and downs - there's no doubt that Melbourne's is really ruled by Mother Nature, PMS and what not. Strange, but I'll miss it.

I'll miss going to
Coles in Caulfield Plaza right after class to pick up a few little things for dinner, and end up looking through rows and rows of stuff and buying things the house actually doesn't need. I'll miss knowing where everything is, exactly.

I'll miss walking through
Koornang Road, which is five minutes away from my house - all the little shops and cafes. I remember the first time I went there with Serena; we were so awed.

I'll miss just
walking to the train station, and taking the Pakenham or Cranbourne line to the city, and getting off at Melbourne Central, and exiting to Swanston Street. Little things like that. I'll miss catching the bus to and fro work. The tram noises.

I'll miss the colourful stuff in
Cotton On Body, and Nicole, one of the coolest managers I've had, along with some of the fun girls I've worked with. And obviously, my 30% discount for Cotton On.

I'll miss Krispy Kreme. Sob.

I'll miss running over to
Serena's room to share new gossip, settling myself comfortably on her bed and bitching till the cows come home, and her cooking, and how she always walks around the house smelling like Body Shop and looking super comfy in her cute pyjamas, and basically just having her around nearly 24/7.

I'll miss going out in the kitchen to complain and grumble to
Yao, and have her hug me, and put her arm around my shoulder and make a silly joke. I'll miss her broad repertoire of expressions that never fail to make all of us laugh.

I'll miss teasing
Mel and her laughter and how her face lights up whenever I say that Heroes has completed downloading and her laughter that never ceases to stop and how she always sits in the living room with me watching whatever reality tv show that's on.

I'll miss telling
Zhen Han to take out the trash every Thursday night, sometimes more than once, and having him around to kill whatever insect (or mouse) there is in the house, and having him around so that I can ask him to fix whatever computer problem I have.

I'll miss
Haruka, the new housemate, even though I've only known her for about less than a month because she's so funny and nice and all of us gelled immediately.

I'll miss
Adam sleeping on our couch every Saturday morning and tiptoeing through the living room as to not wake him up.

I'll miss
Tricia so badly because only she could've made those crazy four hour lectures bearable, I'll miss spending every single Thursday lunch with her at Uzu without fail, with our sushi and takoyakis. And how we'd always know what the other was going to order, because we're predictable like that. And come on, who else would've came up with McPiya with me?

I'll miss
Caryn and doing all sorts of spontaneous, crazy things with her on the spur of the moment. Probably only she would've went "Okay, I'll go with you" after I called her and went "Hey, uh, do you wanna go for the Snow Patrol concert tomorrow?" at 10:30 pm the night before. And nobody else would've been as crazy about footy with me either. :(

I'll miss
Vaida, because she's possibly the sweetest Australian I've ever met throughout these months, and how she's always so genuinely interested in whatever I have to say.

I'll miss
Jasmine's incredibly contagious laughter and the fact that the both of us can find stupid random things like "Mmm-hmmmm" to be impossibly hilarious.

I'll miss
the guys and how we always end up doing the most ridiculous things ever. Like you know, season 1, 2 and all that shit. Lol. And how they can bitch and gossip with the best of us. I will not, however, miss them calling me mak cik -_-"

I'll miss the crazy
Tax Law gang/Gold Coast gilas because they made long tax law Wednesdays so bearable, and Gold Coast one of the best holiday experiences in my life - Jo, Alicia and Jiayi. <3 style="color: rgb(102, 204, 204);">adrenaline rushes of hearing tens of thousands of people cheering on their footy team in the MCG, and screaming my lungs hoarse and jumping up and down when my team scores, and humming the Collingwood anthem under my breath randomly, and seeing people in the streets being so hyped up about footy.

I'll miss the
daily walks to campus, the routine that's become such a big part of my life. Passing the same old empty plot of land, Evancourt Motel, the Mews, the creepy-looking building, and then the dentist.

I'll miss the
courteous drivers who always give way to the pedestrians. And how I always feel so safe walking about.

I'll miss listening to the
easy-going Aussie accent, and the "How're you goin'?"s and the "See ya later"s. I'll miss how people are just so freaking friendly and nice over here.

I'll miss the
friendly Italian guy at the C&B who always gives me extra pasta and calls me "Luv" and compliments me on my English every single time.

I'll miss
this house, and my comfortable room which I've made my own this year. It's looking so empty right now, and so unlike what I've been used to.

I'll miss all the
road trips we've been on this year, because it was just all good times. No matter what we did, or where we went. Good times.

I'll miss just
walking down the city streets, knowing where all the good shopping spots and restaurants are, and waiting for the little man on the pedestrian light to turn green, before crossing on over to the next street.

I'll miss the comfortable lecture theatres and how I've become so familiar with the Caulfield campus and the really good lecturers here who really talk to you, instead of talk down to you like back home.


I'll miss everything there is to miss about Australia and more, my home sweet home away from home.



But.



I miss my
dad eagerly showing me his newest purchases, be it from Tesco, the market, pasar malam or his newest gadget that he probably won't know how to use, and how he always hogs the tv and falls asleep after he gets it, and how his booming laughter fills up the entire room, and how he'd sit in the garden, with his t-shirt obscenely pulled up over his tummy and just weed the afternoon away and come in all sunburnt.

I miss coming home from uni, and complaining to my
mother about this and that and how she'd boil me some special bitter healthy special soup when it's that time of the month, and how she still treats me like her little girl when I'm sick, and push my hair behind my ears, which was how she discovered that I had secretly gone out and gotten so many piercings without her permission.

I miss the smell of
Tai Kor's perfume, and how he comes home and just sometimes randomly talks to me about the most random stuff ever.

I miss
Evelyn and how she's such a sister to me, and a young one at that, one I can talk to about almost anything. I miss how she'd always tease me, and how I'd always tease her back, and how kind and amazing she is.

I miss
Yee Kor, and him coming back from work, going "Come here, Wen" and just enveloping me in one of the tightest bear hugs ever.

I miss
Yee Soh and her phenomenal mother instinct and her genuine concern and care for me, and how she's like Evelyn, like another sister to me, and how we'd always find something to gossip or chat about, and how she always looks so beautiful and stylish despite being a mother of three.

I miss my darling, awesome
sister who treats me like such an adult, yet at the same time pampers me like I was her daughter, and how we'd go out and have girly days together and get our hair done, and go Christmas shopping, and she'd bring me to this and that and ask my opinion on what colour drapes she should get for her new house, and how she just loves me so much.

I miss
Kelvin. Strange, but true.

I miss the kids so, so, so badly.
Joel, Aaron, Josh, Vanessa and Amelia. I miss them so much, how they'd hug me tightly, and plant a wet sloppy kiss on my cheek, and beg me to play Monopoly with them, and bug me to bring them to the park, and how they'd always fight over the tv with me, and how they just come home from school and tell me about all their little friends and what they did doing recess that day or something like that.

I miss
my darling girlfriends and running over to any one of their houses and just talk about anything and everything under the goddamn sun. I miss their nicknames for me, and how we could spend an entire day together just lazing around, doing nothing. I miss having them just understand how I'm feeling, or what I'm going to say. I miss doing crazy things like having girly sleepovers where we discuss boys and never ever sleep, and even when we finally do, we stick Post-Its on Ching and Sukkwan's foreheads before finally forcing ourselves to go to sleep.

I miss teasing
Jo Weng and having him listen to me rant about god-knows-what and singing along with him in his little Atos as we zip along the roads of PJ. I miss his vanity and cheesecakes and patience and good-nature.

I miss
Nick and our Man Utd talks and might even possibly miss his lame, retarded jokes and how he likes to tease me all the time.

I miss
Ming's funny deadpan expressions when he's being sarcastic and how we always threaten him whenever he teases or insults us.

I miss showering
Wenxue with sarcastic remarks and teaming up with him in pool and losing remarkably by a huge difference to whoever we're playing against.

I miss the
6 Yakin gang - Sharm, Manda, Karen and Mun Fong - and all their infectious knee-slapping laughter, and nights at the mamak where we try to psycho-analyse people, and playing cards in some restaurant somewhere, and making the most noise possible, and playing Taboo with them.

I miss stupid
Pang Wei Soon whom I haven't seen for a year and a half because he comes back in the middle of the year, and probably won't see him for another half year.

I miss
Paul and seeing how different he looks last time and reminiscing with him about secondary school days.

I miss blur sotong
Andrew and him realising that we've teased him thirty seconds after we're done.

I miss clubbing with the gang.

I miss
drinking sessions where we generate enough laughter to wake the whole of friggin' SS2 up and play silly big-fish-small-fish games that can make us giggle the whole night through just because Ming said big-smish.

I miss
mamaks, especially Murni's and their specials and Roti Hawaii and Maybank Mamak for their Nasi Lemak Ayam.

I miss the
Proton Wira I used to drive, which now my dad says is all mine because he got a new car and doesn't need to hog mine all the time because he "needed it for the market" when we all knew it was his way of just not letting me drive -_-

I miss lugging out my mom's mixer from the cabinet and sifting flour, and measuring ingredients and
baking for the family, and having the whole house smell like cookies or cakes and the kids constantly getting into my hair by wanting to help me.

I miss just going to the
pasar malam, and taking in all the sights and lights and different smells and stalls.

I miss the
Sahara field and basketball nights with the basketball gang.


I miss home.


I have missed everything there is to miss and more about Malaysia, home sweet home.



Either way, I'm going to miss so much.

Life is difficult, no?

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram