Langkawi Antics.

Friday, March 14, 2008

I really think I'm getting older and it shows. I get so tired after studying a whole night for a stupid test which turned out to be 1% per MCQ question. Jeezus.

Red Box yesterday night with the uni gang, and as usual, good times. Obviously, we made the three guys do Ayo Technology again, but unfortunately, Timbo screwed up his already-minimal-three-sentences in the song, so they're going to have to do it AGAIN the next time we go. Lol. And on a side note, I'm very amazed at Adam's rapping. He hits every single freaking word while the rest of us would probably just mumble through, all out of breath.

The buffet dinner at Red Box isn't half bad, seriously. And extra 10 bucks. Which we walloped enough sushi to cover. And much more. Damn shy really, the sign says four pieces per person. So Zhen Han and I queued up together and well, obviously we're entitled to eight pieces right. So to make things easy, we tell him one of each type, because in the display we see eight different types. How on earth were we supposed to know that there were more than eight types? The sushi guy ended up making us twelve pieces while a long, long line formed behind us. Omg, damn malu-fying okay.

Haha, and Adam and Bryan singing to Ashlee Simpson's Boyfriend is damn classic. Honestly, the lyrics are all sorts of wrong for a guy to sing, but oh well. :P

It was a spontaneous decision to go to Red Box (after three of us *ahem*skippedclass*ahem*) so dammit, I didn't have my camera.

*

And because I'd already resized all the Langkawi pictures and uploaded them a month ago, all ready to post but then got lazy, I'm making myself battle the sloth in me today. I already didn't post the Penang pictures, so I had better post the Langkawi ones. I want to be able to look back here in ten years time and remember the good times, and smile at the pictures. Not dial-up friendly, sorry.


ACONVAR1040
11 p.m. at the bus stop in Jalan Duta, waiting for the bus to bring us on our awesome holiday. :D

ACONVAR1048
Somewhere in a rest stop in Perak (or was it Penang?) at 3 am in the morning.

Even the rest stops bring loads of fun. Watching Jo walk to another bus, almost going up from our bus was hilarious. Hahahahaha. And then, Miss totally random Suk Kwan, at another stop where thankfully most of the people on the bus were down for a toilet break, put her hoodie up over her head and suddenly went "YO YO WASSUP WASSUP!". Omg, damn funny.

A883_8387
Waiting for the Pulau Langkawi ferry to come at 5 something in the morning. Yawn.

A tip though, for those of you planning to go to Langkawi and planning to rent a car while you're there. Never ever try to rent a car on the mainland before crossing over to the island because there will be people trying to offer you cars, telling you they've got people over on the other side, and can get you a cheaper price, bla bla bla. They ask for a deposit, and when you reach the island, there's no such company. Thankfully we wanted to see the actual car itself and ignored them - the guy on the other side whom we got the car from (and the apartment too, for a very cheap price) told us there were many a conmen on the other side.

ACONVAR1049
Very early in the morning after getting our van. Went to a coffee shop in town, had some very good char kuey teow, and pored over the map, deciding where to go next.

A883_8393
As you can tell, we're very happy with our van.

A883_8394
The Power Ranger. See, a few days before the trip, Jo took a picture with some Power Rangers during this event at Sg. Wang. We then started to jokingly refer to him as the Power Ranger after that, and I can't remember why, but one day he went, "Don't worry, the Power Ranger is here!" and well... the rest is history.

ACONVAR1060
First stop, Snake Sanctuary.

A883_8399
At the snake show mini-arena.

ACONVAR1066
Jo & Mary before the snake show starts.

A884_8402
The snake trainer.

A884_8411
The other trainer. I swear, this guy is such a daredevil. The snake nearly bit him in the mouth.

A884_8413

A884_8416

A884_8415

A884_8417

A884_8414

.
.
.
.

See, through a simple elimination process, you can work up who didn't have the nerve to go take a picture with the big bad snake. Haha!

A883_8400
Notice Ming's big, masking-his-uneasiness smile. :D

A884_8420
More Power Ranger poses.

A884_8419
Now that's pretty scary, no?

ACONVAR1083
Chi muis.

Next stop, the Langkawi cable car. Which everyone totally needs to go on. It's great. Brings you way up, stops at many levels for you to admire the view (and in our case, camwhore) and enjoy the nice breeze.

Oh, and if you ever go to Langkawi, watch out for the prices, because they tend to charge tourists another price and Malaysian citizens another price, so look out for the signs that say you get a discount if you flash them your MyKad.

A884_8424
Picture of the little town where the cable car station is hosted. There's tons of other things there too, lots of little shops, a mini petting area where there are deer and rabbits.

A884_8425
At the Langkawi cable car.

A884_8427
Yay, it's here!

ACONVAR1094
Aww, this is such a nice pic.

ACONVAR1092
Jo & Mary.

A884_8430
Admiring the view.

A884_8440
Group pic! The cable car was madly unbalanced, but well, for a picture... :P

A884_8470
Mary and I.

A884_8467
It was really pretty. Really, I can't stop singing praises about the cable car ride. Like Ming put it, best usage of RM15 ever.

A884_8451
I took this...

ACONVAR1100
And they took this.

ACONVAR1111
Jo & I. If you're ever planning to go on the cable car ride in Langkawi (which you definitely should, btw, it's freaking awesome) and you have long hair? Bring a scrunchie. Or else you'll end up looking like Medusa in all your pictures like I did.

A884_8454
See what I mean?

ACONVAR1129
The lovebirds.

A884_8459
Me and my sadly chipped JayJays sunnies. :(

ACONVAR1114
Us four.

A884_8492
I really don't know what they're doing.

A884_8449
For some reason, it doesn't really look that high, but it really was.

A884_8487
More Power Ranger poses.

A884_8490
The Power Ranger is...flying.

A884_8496
"Every night in my dreams, I see you, I feel you..."

ACONVAR1126
All shaded up.

A884_8473
Ching & I, and a whole lotta wind.

ACONVAR1134
700 meters above sea level.

ACONVAR1118
Hello!

ACONVAR1121
You know, looking back, I realised just how little pictures of the view we had. LOL. Everything else has our faces in it.

ACONVAR1136
On one of the stops of the cable car.

A884_8497
LOL.

A884_8463
The bridge from afar. After seeing that, we just so had to go on it.

A884_8498
So pretty.

ACONVAR1154
This bridge was awesome, I tell you.

ACONVAR1151
My loves.

ACONVAR1157
Group pic!

A885_8511
Flip-flops are a necessity. (Speaking of which, I need new Ipanemas. Shoppingggggggg, anyone?)

ACONVAR1159
We are such self-absorbed people. Mary turned the camera the other way round after taking the previous picture, facing upwards, and immediately, everyone's heads moved in for a picture. *shakes head*

ACONVAR1160
AHAHAHAHAHA. Don't ask.

ACONVAR1156
Lol. I have no idea why we're such syok sendiri people.

A885_8504
Aww, such a sweet picture.

ACONVAR1162
Climbing and climbing up from the bridge.

A885_8512
Stopping by at the liquor store for the drinking that night.

A885_8515
Rows and rows of alcohol, some unheard of. We bought a bottle of lychee vodka, "Kwai Fei" brand just for fun to try, and it tasted pretty good! Twas cheap too, about 20 over bucks.

A885_8516
Damn gigantic, no?

A885_8517
...that's how big it really is. Bigger than Ming's head! And it also costs RM 465. If I'm not wrong, that's about 4 or 5 litres. Usually you pay about half of that for a 750 ml one at a club anyway.

A885_8520
...and that's how tall a Heineiken bottle is.

A885_8532
Hehe.

ACONVAR1179
Such sinners.

ACONVAR1204
For the first time in history, I do not look red after drinks.

ACONVAR1195
A tipsy Sukkwan. Lol! Don't kill me, babe.

ACONVAR1192
Alcohol does funny things to people.

ACONVAR1194
Yes, it really does funny things.

ACONVAR1189
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. OMG. I laughed for about an hour after I saw this picture.

ACONVAR1207
Day 2, after much lazing around in bed after the effects of last night, and off to Telaga Tujuh it was.

A885_8541
Hey, in our defense, it was a lot of driving and we were bored.

A885_8543
Seriously, the van was one of the best parts of the trip.

ACONVAR1216
Cam-whoring while Ming and Ching get lunch.

ACONVAR1214
Mary and moi. AND MY HAIR COLOUR!

ACONVAR1218
Jo and I.

A885_8547
Pimping Jo.

Climbed and climbed and climbed and climbed for what seemed like forever and finally reached the falls! I don't think we reached the highest part, but hungry and tired people don't really care.

A885_8548
Picnic lunch! Ching's right, KFC really does taste better in Langkawi. Or maybe it was because of all the climbing we did.

A885_8550
Gee, this is making me feel hungry right now. -__-"

A885_8551
Part of the falls. I didn't manage to get the whole thing, but there are actually many parts to the falls (or rather as the name suggests, seven, but I don't know). There's this little part where you can slide down to the next level, and they made me try it, so three of us went, and let me tell you, I screaaaaaaaaamed my head off. Whattt, I have a phobia of water, okay.

A885_8549
LOL!

A885_8561
The guys of the trip.

A885_8559
In this little pond at the waterfalls.

A885_8570
LOL, Jo trying to get out of the pond.

Left the falls, and obviously, the stop was the beach. I don't quite remember the name (Pantai Chenang, maybe? See, that's what I get for blogging so long after the trip), but it was nice, not dirty like the Seremban or Penang beaches.

A886_8659
Banana boat ride! Omg, the ride was fun, you're speeding through the water, and the "banana" is bouncing up and down, and around you, the sun is setting. BUT, the part where they capsized the boat on purpose and make you fall into the water was not. Yes, life jacket and everything, but falling into the water, while watching the water close over the sky is not fun. I screamed...and then realised that my feet could touch the ground. Lol.

Painful though, because we all fall together, so it's a whole heap of jumbled up limbs.

"Owww, who kicked my ass?"
"Ehh frienddd, your leg ahhhh."
"Bloody hell, damn pain, someone hit my arm."

Oh, and what made it even worse is that the banana boat guy was telling us later that it was the season for some jellyfish shedding? The water was filled with little pieces of jellyfish skin or whatever it was, that was effing painful. Every single part of your body that had contact with water stung like mad. I'm serious, it was probably one of the most uncomfortable experiences I've ever had. If we had went a week later, he said, the season would be over and the water would be fine.

A885_8583
My buddy for life.

A885_8592
Picking a spot to settle down.

ACONVAR1264
Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

A886_8610
Juuuuuuuuuuuuuump! Whoa, damn high.

ACONVAR1262
Jo doing his thang.

ACONVAR1237
Okay, so I'm going to finally admit that Ming does look A LITTLE BIT like Takeshi Kaneshiro in this picture. And in front of a computer screen somewhere, Ming's head swells.

A886_8603
Jo (whom I think is standing on higher sand -_-) and I.

ACONVAR1249
Such posers, tsk!

A885_8600
Suki and I! Miss you, dear.

A885_8584
"Look, there's even a small watering can and everything!" AHAHAHAHA.

A886_8619
After ten minutes of begging, Jo finally relented and let us bury him. Nyahahaha. Although, Ching says he probably secretly already wanted us to bury him. Hey, it's not easy burying someone in the sand, especially if your someone keeps on giggling. Everytime he giggled, his chest cracked, and we had to start all over again. -_- And well, we did try to give him pecs.

ACONVAR1270
I totally heart this pic.

A885_8596
Ching & Ming building away after much persuading from Ching.

A886_8646
No beach holiday is complete without a self-shot at the beach.

A886_8614
The fine sand.

ACONVAR1276
The Ching-Ming fortress.

A886_8632
Ching, Ming and their "dynasty". Or so Ming says. :P

A886_8625
I'm not sure why there's a star smack right in the middle. Maybe it's their Putrajaya? Hee.

A886_8635
Ahahahaha, look, it's Spiderman!

A886_8633
And then everyone decides they wanna join in.

A886_8641
Jo built a...err, dog.

A886_8652
Great holiday. Fantastic company. Not complete, though - Siokkwan there too would've made it much better. :) So let's see, Penang down the year before, Langkawi last year, and Bangkok here we come at the end of this year!

<3

I really should be studying, but it's freaking raining AGAIN for the millionth time, and it's all dark and cooling and I feel like sleeping a bit before having a chilling Bangsar night out with the girls later.

Choices, choices. :D

*

So, I just watched Episodes 10 & 11 of OTH Season 5 and nearly bawled my eyes out. I need for Episode 12 to come, like, now.

5115 copy
Sigh, possibly the best looking father-son combo on TV. Little Jamie just wins my heart every time.

Episode 12, where are youuuuu? :(

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram