She's Still Here.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Hello everyone! That is, if anyone still comes around. Heh.

Don't worry, I'm still very much alive and kicking and...broke. I'm loving the holidays but only a money-growing tree magically sprouting in a corner of my bedroom could help me right now.

Anyway, to get the depressing stuff out of the way, the Investments & Portfolio Management paper was shit. Absolute and utter shit. I have never felt so low in my life after a certain paper.
Performance Measurement last sem in Caulfield, which was my last paper then, had me walking through Chadstone with no mood to shop (and yes, as some of you might know, especially the ex-housemates, the magnitude of that. I don't barely ever leave Chadstone empty-handed). Investments... made me cry after that at home. And I don't even ever cry over exams. I only cry at sad movies. I even cried over Brother Bear (Shut up and stop laughing; I can hear you okay). But never exams.

So yes, it was shit. If I cannot be contacted at all on results day, 10th or 11th July, I might be floating face-up in some river somewhere after jumping off the river bank or some bridge. (Why face-up? Because apparently, when women drown they float face-up while men float face-down - I read it some '
why women are superior to men' article. Heh.)

But, enough depressing stuff.

It seems like the whole world is turning 21 around me.
Mary, Amanda, Mary Ann and today, Jo. (Which btw, happy birthday dearrrr JOWENGGGG. Sorry we had to leave so early last night.


Darling Mary turned 21 the day after my last paper, so obviously, it was a birthday countdown-celebration of freedom-girl's night out-stress releasing party of sorts.


Dua-puluh-satu sudahhhhhh. :D


Tay, Sharm and Siokkwan.


Throwback to the crazy Form 5 papadam-eating, excessive-giggling BM tuition Mondays in Edusmart.


Being papparazi.


All that (and more which were cleared off the table by then) were free. Not a single cent spent that night. Oh yes, sometimes it pays to be a girl.


The giggling, flip-flop wearing sisterhood.

So, that was Round 1 at Bangsar, with loads of free booze from weird sleazy dudes who can't dance, syok-sendiri dancing, with super tak layan people at other tables watching Euro 2008. -_-" S'okay, at least we're thick-skinned.


Round 2 at Sanctuary.


For once we were all not in black.


Sanctuary's a pretty place, but way way WAYYYY packed. I quite liked their mix of music too, but I think I was the only one. Heh.


Dear Mary Ann turned 21 on the 29th of June too! Happy birthday babe :) We have yet to celebrate crazily, hee.


Made of honour.


YUMSENGGGGGGGGG. Okay, something to that effect, rather.


Mary with Josh and Drew, still sober, both who win hands-down for FUNNIEST candid caught-in-action pictures of the night.

(Which, I shall not post up here because I don't want to ruin their reputation forever. I'm nice like that. But they're on all Facebook anyway. :P)


Ping and I with Chia Wei!


Tay and I.


Birthday girl with Pekwah and Ping.


Me with Ben and Marcus, who is also quite genius in making classic funny faces, and making his fellow picture buddies look oh-so-sane. Hahaha.


Okay-lah. Just one picture of Andrew looking funny. We call this his "Welcome!" look. :D

(Sorry Drew, you know we love you, right?)


LOL, I don't know what James is doing. And hey look! It's Josh getting downnnn on the right.

("Can I get a what, what!?")


Birthday kisses for the birthday sister! <3>


My turn for some xoxo.


Mary with some of her ex-colleagues from PC Fair.


And and and, what could possibly be the best moment of the night - YMCA!


Yes, this is the A from YMCA. :P


You, yes you.

And after the flaming came, there was a severe lack of pictures because we had our hands full. Hee. But but but they ended the night with Chris Brown's With You. :)

We didn't quite get enough of the song, so all the way back in the car, we screamed it out loud with the windows wound down, wind in our hair, and song playing from Mary's Sony Ericsson.

Mamak-ed, and then Siokkwan and I tumbled back to the very-polite-but-stubborn-when-high-birthday girl's place, bathed, and the three of us giggled over the 300 or so pictures snapped (Yes, I know, I'm damn snap-happy.) till about 6 and finally knocked off. By the time we woke up, had a late lunch, we were still sore all over from the previous night's activities and so...



WE WENT TO A REFLEXOLOGY CENTER. LOL.

Being rather excited before our first reflexology treatment. Lol.

We went to this place called Bigfoot in SS2 and I don't remember exactly how much it cost, but somewhere less than RM 50 for an hour's reflexology foot massage and shoulder massage. And it felt SO good. All the heel-wearing and dancing effects from the night before were massaged away.

Of course, we looked (and probably sounded) so out of place. There were these other two aunties calmly sipping on hot tea looking over at us each time one of us giggled because it was ticklish, or yelped because it was too painful. They probably weren't too happy with us. It was pretty funny too because the people massaging us were all from China and couldn't speak Cantonese let alone English, so it was a chicken-duck situation.

Us: (giggle giggle giggle giggle)
Them: (laughing at us quizzically) Sherr muoo shihhh? (complete with the thick China-Mandarin accent)
Us: Err.. err.. hen geli ahh. (giggle giggle giggle somemore)
Them: (raised eyebrow, still laughing at us) Sherrr muo shihhh gerr lik?

We later find out that geli in Mandarin is 'yang'. Lol.

But it was all worth it; that night's sleep after the reflexology was one of the best I've ever had in ages.



And Round 3 - birthday luncheon at Legend Hotel thanks to Mary's parents. Us girls with the birthday girl.


Our table, the Seaparkians + Mary Ann.


The guys and I. Hahahaha look at Albert.

Ping calls this my politician look. Lol.


Funny faces.

(WHICH NOT EVERYBODY LAYAN-ED AHEM!)

*

And then a little devil named Amanda Teoh turned 21!

(along with broken sunglasses which if I'm not mistaken are named Patricia.)


My dears.


And again, this time with paparazzi in the back. Lol. Hi Sharm!


Mr. Daniels kept us company that night.


The things I do for sister birthday love.

(imitates David Cook's "It's rated RRRRRRRRRR!" specially for Manda)


Me, Mun Fong and Manda in what looks like an ad for wine@nine. Can the both of you stop making a beachwear theme for your birthdays? I'm kinda running out of things to wear.


Drink up :)


Group pic!

Happy birthday dear.

Another birthday, another birthday girl down. Hee. Amanda's dreadlocks from Krabi made a very strong imprint on my thigh when she was sleeping on it on the drive home.

And then it was Paul's not-so-surprise-birthday-party-cum-welcome-back party.

But I must say, he did a good job of acting surprised. -_-

OMG LITTLE PAUL DAMN CUTE RIGHT.

Chris (and his Beatles-like fringe which everyone gave him hell over) entertained with You Raise Me Up with Su Mei accompanying fantastically on the piano.


Us during passing parcel with all things Paul. Jamie got a "Which ice-cream flavour best describes Paul?" and he went, "Vanilla, because it's plain."

WAHAHAHAHAHA.

Paul with Jo and I.

*

Oh and over the holidays, I also got engaged.
.
.
.
.

Sighhh.

Yes, I rekindled my love for THE Lukas Podolski of Germany from the 2006 World Cup. Two years later at Euro 2008, he wins me over once again. Lol.

Come on, is he cute, or is he cute?

Up next, Jo's birthday celebration at Bamboo on Friday night. Can't wait. You're going down againnnn oh Jo. ;)

And also, do click on this link and check it out. I'll love you forever.

http://xoxo-chic.blogspot.com

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram