After a Long Extended Hiatus.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

See, I was going to come on and post some pictures of my birthday but then realised that I had already done it in the last post. That either shows how forgetful I am, or how long it has been since I've abandoned this little space of mine.

So what's been going on? Assignments have been killer. Buuuuuut, if all goes well, I would have just handed in what would have been the final assignment of my university life yesterday Okay, so I kinda wrote this a week and a half ago and since then it's just been sitting in my drafts. LOL. So, handed in what would have been the final assignment of my university life a week and a half ago. Provided of course, everything gets a P and above this sem. (Oklaah so maybe I want Cs and above, heh.)

As of now, these four dates are the most important. 24th Oct, 5th, 6th, 10th Nov.

Besides boring academia, the side project has been great so far. Sure, it's tiring. There are some customers who are... let's not go there. I stay up cropping and blogging for it till 3 am in the mornings sometimes. I go to the post office so often that even the kakak in the Paramount branch recognises me and immediately gives me Poslaju forms to fill out.

But... I feel happy when we find pretty clothes. I feel happy when emails flood in asking about this piece and that piece. It makes me happy when I come across warm and friendly customers, even more so when they text back to say how much they love a certain top or dress.

It just might possibly be one of the most fulfilling things I've done in awhile. And to do it with the two sisters too, makes it all the even better.

*

Random happenings from quite some time ago.

So the oldest brother has been really into Tamiya car-racing lately. I guess it's a natural transition from actual racing to racing toy cars now? Beats me. But anyway, apparently he's got a real knack at it because after his local league or something to that effect, he got selected to represent Malaysia. And of course, the whole family turned out in full force to go watch the races at 1U.

And when I say Tamiya cars, it's no joke. This is an expensive hobby (or should I say sport?) and they're all pretty damn serious about it. And it's no kid's play either. Most of the "racers" are all in their late twenties or thirties with a few exceptions of teens.

The older brother, guy in the light blue shirt, representing Team Malaysia.


Ooh, collisions.


Go Tai Kor! LOL. Yes, the second sister-in-law and I actually whooped out loud when he was racing and I swear everyone turned to look at us. I have no shame. But all was good, he ended up in second place to Team Lebanon.


Fish spa. Omg. It was Siokkwan, Mary and I; and true to our nature, we giggled and giggled just like how it was when we went to the reflexology centre few months ago. It's pretty ticklish at first but you kinda get used to it after about five mins, I guess. (Well, most of us got used to it after five mins but one didn't. Ahem ahem. :P) It looks freaking scary at first because you see like fifty little fishes charging towards your feet but it's actually pretty cool. Expected it to be really slimy but thank god it wasn't.


Yes, I'm aware that I'm blinded by my very thick fringe which needs a trim soon (HAHAHA, accomplished last week already! I really need to stop writing and then saving it to drafts because everything gets so outdated) but aww, Jayden's getting so big now. He's nearly seven months old, starting to crawl and sit up already.


And because he's so cute. :D This is exactly the kind of picture he'll hate me for, but oh well. Aunty Wen loves you boyyy, that should count for something right. Right?


How sad is it that a seven month old baby has bigger eyes than I do? I know. -_-"

And Kar Che went for her scan few days ago and... it's a girl! Heh months ago I predicted it was a girl but no one believed me. So this brings the tally of kids in my house to seven. Gosh.

*

It was so meriah for the past few months what with all the people from over the seas coming home. But now, they've all left, boo.

Pang Wei Soon in all his Hawaiian shirt glory and rempit smses.


Eugene (and ooh, my straight straight hair)! Lol, this reminds me of his moo-lembu school days when Wei Soon and Kish drew a lembu melintas sign for him and hammered it onto a long block of wood and paraded with it in front of neighbouring 5 Bunga Raya. (And then En. Ravi thought we were calling him lembu instead. HAHA.)


PAULLLL I MISS YOU. Haven't heard from you since you left but heard from Josh that you're looking for a place to stay since you got evicted or something? :-S


Sharm left us for Ireland :(


Trip to Genting before Sharm left - good times of syok-sendiri-ing karaoke inside a box and chilling beer in the pond behind us. Oh the things we do.


Sigh. Looks like it didn't really work. I AM SICK NOW. WHERE HAS ALL MY LUCK GONE TO ROARRRR. AND MY PHONE DIED ON ME TODAY. Yes, as you can tell, I'm a very angry person.


And ohhh, holidays last week. Got a dye and a fringe trim, tons of catching up with everyone over yumcha (Gasp, I even managed to meet up with
Mr. Tan Wenxue! Now, how miraculous is that?). And of course, there was Euphoria which I spent the whole of the week before nagging everyone about. Well, it didn't exactly turn out the way I'd planned (No Siokkwan, no Josh, no a lot of uni people) but oh, it was awesome nonetheless. The vibrating dancefloor is the shizz, I tell you. I'm still not a house/techno/electro whatever you call it music convert, but oh well. Maybe one day.


Sister egg and I! (I guess the fun comes with a price to pay right. Drew blames the crappy Russian vodka for all of us falling sick and he just may be right) :(

(Jonathan, in uni today, went "Oh, I know why you're sick, Wendy! Is it because of this...?" *and then proceeds to switch on Flo-Rida's Low on his handphone* -_-")


Uni people who damn layan me despite me changing the venue and being so last min.


Adam had to layan extra by staying longer because I ate all the fu kua in the omelette, right. Lol.


Ooh, I like this pic. Andrew, you don't look funny for once HAHAHA. :P Our dear smart friend dared two people to dance on the podium and ended the night a lot poorer as a result. Tsktsk.


LOL. Ed's expression is priceless.


Awww. :) Welcome, welcome.


Saturday was spent at home being a good girl again (and wrapping twelve presents (o.O) for Mel's surprise the next day - while the guys entertained themselves with Gossip Girl on my comp in between taking turns to be my human cello-tape dispenser) and Sunday was the day of the party :) - pics all stolen from Mich because I was lazy to whip out the camera.

Birthday girl, Laura and I and Mr. Do Some Damage behind. Heh.


Laura (which by the way is wearing xoxo.chic, ooh!) and some of us Mufy classmates.


Josh whacking the awesome Oreo cheesecake.


Group pic!

And then, some of us proceeded to Andrew's to drink and play random thumbmaster games. HAHA. Classic times. I really salute Mel - she drank tons and drank it all neat. Just looking at her made me feel queasy, lol.

Hope you had a fantastic 21st birthday,
Mel! And all your umm, random presents that were from us, especiallyyyyy... the final one! HEE. Now you can go find your own knight in shining armour now that you have it already.

Ooh, okay I used more than enough time on this post already. Time to go immerse myself in Treasury now, ughhh.


Till the next hiatus is over,
Wen
xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram