Oh Hot Damn.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The air-con in office has broken down and I'm sweating like a pig. The air-con repairmen have been here for more than an hour and have as good as turned our pantry into a dustball because that's where the air-con starter is and still have the nerve to look confused. And we are all still sitting in a stuffy office all the way from yesterday morning.

HR Manager even had to change out of her suit into a tee shirt. Heh. You can hear flapping of files all around just for a little bit of wind.

Obviously when it's so hot, productivity slows down. Nobody can concentrate on work, so The Star Online it is for me. And apparently Donald Trump is suing the author of a book for labelling him a millionaire. Why? Because, get this, according to him, he's actually a billionaire.

Looks like he's losing some of those billions to pump into an ongoing lawsuit. Not like he can't afford it, but that's one of the most preposterous things I've heard in a long long while.

Which leads me to wonder, how many of us will make it big? I've been privileged enough to grow up in a family where the older siblings are successful professionals and this has made me believe that I will follow suit. No two ways about it. But now, I've been disillusioned. A less than satisfying first job. It's more like, where do I really go from here? I want to live a comfortable life, but will I be able to do enough to provide that? Ahh, questions and no answers. Time will tell, I suppose.

On a brighter note though, some things to look forward to are the friends returning to our land of nasi lemak! Chris actually called last night, to my surprise. What more on the house phone. He still remembers it after all these years. We used to spend ages on the phone talking about the girls he liked and all that teenage fluff. According to Chris, Dong is also apparently coming home for the first time since he left to the US what, 3-4 years ago? And then of course there's Ching coming home from Shanghai with a fancy Shanghainese accent and super-fluent Mandarin. Suddenly, I'm dying to go on a road trip. It's been awhile since Langkawi with the best friends.

I guess that it helps to know that no matter what shit job I have, I'll always have the best people around me.

AND OF COURSE, THE BEST FOOTBALL TEAM IN THE WORLD!




Oh hullo, Gary.


Genius.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram