A Year and A Week Ago.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

About twelve months ago, I wrote this wishlist. So, what did I manage to get out of the eleven things I'd listed? Meh, not much at all.


#1 Moolahh. ;)
Umm, so I've started earning my own salary but still, moolah kinda eludes me.

#2 A pair of low sling-backs, preferably wedges, peep-toe style, and in white. Because I've looked high and low, and left and right, and they still elude me. Boo.
Okay, well I bought a pair from Vincci on an impulse buy. But they weren't exactly what I'd envisioned and they kinda hurt my toes.

#3 The double.
Ahh, now we're talking. Manchester United, Champions of the EPL 07/08 and the UEFA Champion League winners!

#4 A charm-bracelet with charms that actually hold some significance to me.
I finaaallyyyy custom-made a charm bracelet online with two charms, an antique heart and a key. Rather significant to me, but the silver chain discoloured into a rusty looking dull pink after four days. :'(

#5 A Manchester United jersey which I've lusted after for years but always put aside due to its hefty price.
...and so it looks like I'll continue lusting. Pfft. Because, see #1, still no moolah.

#6 To have a finished lending decisions assignment appear out of nowhere. Or at least a strong sense of concentration and determination to finish the damn thing and not kill myself while trying to do it. I'm struggling, and being disturbed (or having the urge to write anything non-academic related, for that matter) is not helping, especially not when I have an IBF test tomorrow as well.
Umm, well the finished lending decisions assignment did not appear out of nowhere. I remember scoring horribly for it too, btw. Sheesh. But at least, I didn't kill myself while doing it and if I recall correctly, did not bad on the IBF mid-term.

#7 I want to watch Ironman, dammit. Which now looks like will have to wait until the older brother gets the dvd.
I STILL HAVEN'T WATCHED IT OMG HAHAHAA. I'm epic fail when it comes to catching up with latest movies. Okay well, I've improved somewhat since boyfriend likes movies, but still quite epic fail compared to everyone else.

#8 To possess a semblance of child-like innocence again. Although, this might never be possible.
I was right. This is never going to be possible again.

#9 My old mp3 player is falling apart so, a new mp3 player of any kind. I'm not choosy. Oh, who am I kidding. Of course I'm choosy. I want an iPod. :P
I am now the proud owner of a beeyootiful black iPod Nano 16GB. Half thanks to to part-time wages and half thanks to dearest daddy.

#10 18th June, the end of finals, to come.
It finally came. And my friends celebrated in style with me to mark the end. Heh.

#11 To know what I really want out of all this university torture. Because I really still don't. And to be honest, it scares me.
Well, I've graduated. I slogged away at my final sem, managed to pull up my average, got more HDs in a semester than I've ever gotten before and got on the Dean's Commendation List. I feel a great sense of completion and satisfaction but unfortunately, I don't think I'm any much wiser as to what I really want.

I guess what I do know is that, this job isn't really going anywhere anymore, and I pray for change. Soon.

Soooo, with my past wishlist being somewhat of a failure (haha!), perhaps I should start drafting a new one pretty soon. I didn't mean to look back on it when I wrote it a year ago, but just suddenly remembered it and noticed it was nearly almost a year ago.

It was nice taking a small reflective trip down memory lane and realising just how much has changed since then. More change to come? Let's keep the good and be out with the bad. :)

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram