A Jetplane.

Thursday, June 03, 2010

I've not travelled that much in my lifetime. Could probably list down the number of times I've flew, with the longest ever being KL-Melbourne. 8 hours is more than enough to numb my butt, thankyouverymuch.

Early this year, I flew by myself for the very first time. I've always had companions each time, even when it was to Melbourne, I had Mel and YK with me (And actually Adam was on that very same plane few rows in front too, but I couldn't have cared less then la :p)

I know it's no big deal, really, but an experience nonetheless.

Those of you who know me well, would know that my mother's from Singapore, and that I've got a whole host of relatives there. Cousin Nyetlin made a stop by Singapore from UK in January this year, on her way back to New Zealand - no better time for a trip to see cousins.

I booked myself AirAsia flights over the weekend for a dash trip over Selat Tebrau and back. It was the crack of dawn, and Adam, being the dutiful boyfriend woke up at 4ish in the morning just to get me to LCCT.

We spent a little too long lingering over mcmuffins and hash browns so I was nearly late for check in. Rushed through passport and baggage checks and waited in the hall, watching the sun rise. So beautiful, so many people, heavy bustle, but yet, so serene.

I had to seek help on which plane to board because it was jam-packed and I was feeling like a little lost sheep and I sure as hell was not going to board the wrong plane on my first time and be the butt of the mother of all jokes for the rest of my life.

But well, no glitches and soon I settled into a nice comfy window seat.



There was nobody else in the seats next to me, so I had the whole row to myself, lots of peace, and this beautiful view. Tell me, when you see something like that by your side... The splendour is pretty damn immense.

I loved every single minute of it.

This Saturday, it's the same routine. AirAsia plane, LCCT terminal at the butt crack of dawn, down to Singapore, probably mcmuffins and hash browns for breakfast again, but this time, I can share the beauty of the view with my guy. :)
--


(And Pok Xian too hahahahahhahaha I did not forget you okay! Don't worry we won't make you feel like a lamp post.)

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram