Merry 'Lil Christmas.

Sunday, December 26, 2004

What better way to start off my blog than about Christmas? The time of the year, where we are celebrating the Reason. The time of the year, where giving means so much more.

It was different this year. My parents were in Penang, and couldn't make it back in time for Christmas morning in church.. So, I decided to go to DUMC with my brother, his wife and their two kids,
Joel and Joshua. Now, Joel and Joshua, being boys, can never sit still long enough, esp during sermons in church.. Oh, so we went armed and equipped: The Incredibles jigsaw puzzle, colouring books, dot-to-dot books, colour pencils and the list just goes on. I joked to my brother that we brought enough to entertain the whole church. Haha.

Guess what? I was right.

Mr. Incredible and his family of superheroes in jigsaw form attracted the attention of every single toddler sitting around us in a 1 km radius. I am NOT kidding. I opened my eyes after prayer to find an unknown kid sitting next to me clutching on to a part of Elastigirl's face. Kids were crying cause their parents didn't let them come over to our row. I think we caused a riot. Lol. After doing the puzzle for, like, five times, back went the Incredibles into the plastic bag cause there was this lil boy named Nicholas in front of us who just wouldn't quit crying. Out came the dot-to-dot books. At least the crying stopped.

It was an experience for Joel and Josh in church, no doubt. Lol. Oh well, at least they enjoyed themselves. It was a tiring morning, taking care of two kids in a place where they’re supposed to keep quiet is exhausting. I must have ‘shhh!-ed’ them like tons of times.. and picked up jigsaw puzzle pieces from the floor every now and then.

And almost every ten minutes, one of them goes ‘Mummy, I want to shee-shee’. And then every head turns in your direction. Haha. Kids are a full-time job.

Christmas dinners are a tradition in my family, where every girl in the family makes a course for dinner. So that made four courses, one each for me, my sister and my two sister-in-laws. I was making trifle, it’s this really good dessert, that makes you put on two pounds just by looking at it. Anyway, I got a phone call while cooking. Guess who.

Ching: Wen, I got into a lil accident..
Me: *sharp intake of breath* WHAT?!?!
Ching: *laughs sheepishly* Well I didn’t get hurt or anything.
Me: You banged into a tree ar?

Lol. I don’t what made me make the ‘tree’ conclusion. It was a pillar in 1Utama’s carpark. And it made three major scratches on the side of the red Kelisa. I haven’t seen it yet, though. Poor thing, bad luck stays by her during festive seasons.
Ching, better stay indoors on New Years’ Eve, kay? So I chatted with her for about forty minutes, while I was melting butter for trifle in one hand. I think she was sitting outside Esprit on a bench, ranting to her handphone. She had to work after that too. I didn’t know what to say, I really didn’t. Poor girl. Here’s a hug for you, Ching. *hugs* xoxo

Then I lost my handphone. Wait, let me rephrase that. I ‘misplaced’ it. That sounds a whole lot better. I tried calling it, but I remembered it was on silent mode with only one bar of battery left. Crap. So off I went, traipsing around the whole house for about half an hour looking the stupid phone. And I couldn’t find it. Darn.

And then, I saw it. I tell you, this made me feel so incredibly stupid. Guess where it was. It was charging. I looked EVERYWHERE, in EVERY corner of the ENTIRE house. Except the plugs, where the charger is. Oh my goodness. I’m even blur-er than
Andrew. (hehe, no offense yeah)

Anyway, the trifle turned out fab. Yum yum. So did everything else for that matter. We stuffed ourselves full with spaghetti, roast chicken, coleslaw, soup, trifle…Gosh. The festive season sure makes you pile on the pounds. And then, it was presents time! You should have heard the squeals from the four kids’ mouths. They were so excited that Josh grabbed MY gifts and ‘helped’ me open mine as well. Lol. Hmph.

It was, by far, one of the happiest Christmas Days I’ve ever had. I got to spend the day with my whole family, which doesn’t happen often cause everyone’s usually so busy with work and school and stuff. It hit me that Christmas is not only about giving and receiving, it’s about love and forgiveness too. Aww.

So everyone, I hope you’ve had a joyous Christmas, and I do hope you have a blessed new year as well. May you have a great 2005, yea? =P

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram