Reminiscing.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

It's been five years. Five seemingly short, although ecstatically wonderful years well-spent in secondary school. Times flies, doesn't it?

I've always enjoyed school. Call me weird or whatever, but I enjoyed the little 'families' we had in school, this bunch of people that you grew so comfortable with. Your friends, who endure thick and thin with you. i.e: punishments, projects, 'Looking For a Rain God' plays, Wei Soon's Merdeka 'parade', etc. No, and I have not yet forgotten the time where our whole lab table had to stand outside the Chemistry Lab for punishment. Everyone except Diane. Lol. Of all days for her to choose to draw her tindakbalas graphs.

It's the lil moments like this that I'll remember for life. Really.

I got this SMS from Czhia Hao last night, he's leaving for Singapore today. Then it kinda really just hit me, I guess. In less than a week, some of us will be starting college, different colleges nonetheless. Czhao and a few others are leaving for the ASEAN scholarship to Singapore. Some are leaving for Aust. Sharmin's going for a year-long Youth Exchange. A handful are in National Service. Most are working. I mean, I'm gonna be perfectly honest. I knew this was going to happen. I'm going to start seeing less and less of everyone, and slowly, just slowly we're all going to drift apart. I know it happens. But the abstractivity of knowing that contrasts deeply with the shock reality of it really happening.

And for that, I've decided to dedicate this part of my post to the wonderful individuals whom I've been blessed with for the past years. Here we go. [Gosh, I hope I didn't miss anyone out.]


~CHING for being my partner in crime for excessive giggling, highway sesat-ing, guy watching, de-stressing.. Lol. Can you believe it's been a massive, whopping 14 years, gurl? Whoa. Let's keep this going on for another 14 years, k?
~SIOKI for ups, ups and more ups, no downs. For all the laughing, teasing, gossiping, all the encouraging SMSes when I'm pissed. Hehe.
~MARY and her contagious laughter, which ALWAYS makes me laugh no matter what. =P
~PIGGY and her sharp witty remarks & all those late nites out. [Flea-marketing and stuff!]
~CHRIS for being my rock and the best guy friend anyone could ask for, esp in times of marathon Sejarah revisions. =P
~gossipin' with DIANE n KAPI till the cows come home at our 'single-digit' BIO lab table!
~JO & his blur sotong times, & for listening to me grumble 24/7 about everything there is to grumble about.
~KISH's irritating laughter & for letting me lead him in cha-cha =P
~Laughing at PANG's ultimate lame-ness and 'creative' ideas day in and day out.
~SAT and the way he panics, right before exams =P
~PAUL and how he uses the word 'real' all the time.
~CHEEKS and his abrupt movements and weird jokes. Haha.
~DREW and the way he goes out of his way to help you when your comp is PMSing. Lol.
~JOSIE & the 3-fingered original Josie movement =P & all those sarcastic spat's we've 'shared'.
~all the gila-gila times with TENG when we get high on laughter.
~CZHAO & WAI KIT for just being... Czhao & Wai Kit (Lol. I know that doesn't make sense.)
~LIK XIONG and his Yip re-enactions of 'Whut-E-Wur' =P
~BASKETBALL people & those fun nites...*
~BM tuition and papadam with JOVI & SUKI
~ANN and her curly-wurly hair! Lol. Netball and gossiping was always much more fun with her around. =P
~SHENG & her 'bitch' look. Hehe. Just kidding, woman.
~SHARM, MANDA, MUN FONG for always staying the same & for being so damn great for chilling out and relaxing with.
~5 CEMPAKA! for two years of fun, madness, ups and downs, for giving me two years of special memories that I'll forever hold dear to my heart.



I love you.

You Might Also Like

1 spoke

  1. It's awesome that you've got people like that in your life. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram