Grace.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Grace.

A kiss when I deserve a slap.

A debt released.

A cool rain on a scorching July afternoon.

A warm ray peeking through the dim painted sky.

When I have roughed my knees after stumbling in the gravel, someone who roughs their knees, bends down to look me deep in the eyes.

Someone in the next lane waving me over when I have ignored the "merge left" sign for half a mile.

Someone refusing the urge to tell me, "I told you so."

People refusing to quietly gloat when they did tell me so.

Refusing to dismiss the good in me because of the bad.

A feast when I'm famished.

Hope. Life. God.

The cross.

Inviting us to come.

Grace.

-Winn Collier-

When I read this, the feeling going through me was utterly indescribable. The words are beautiful. Just thought I'd post it here, and share it with you guys.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram