Sweet Home.

Monday, July 18, 2005

I'm back! Anyone miss me? *pauses* Anyone? Hmm, the overwhelming silence is just absolutely ego-boosting. :) Lol. Okay, I am completely being my nerdy self again. But I can't help me, I've missed home so badly. I do wonder why, of course, it's barely been three days that I've been away [technically, we spent about a day on the road, so it's been only two], but I missed everything already. I miss EVERYONE!

Singapore was a blast, though. The architecture there is beautiful. Buildings there are unique looking, well upkept, and varied. Their universities look nothing like our campuses here; it looks more like our National Science Centre. Shopping there is exquisite, if you have a full wallet. Which I didn't, by the way. Damn.

Granted, it was great seeing my other family on the other side of the Tebrau Straits, I only get to see all of them about once a year. Saw my cousin's little darling girl,
Natasha. She's only two months old and is an absolute dear. All decked out in a matching pink outfit, mittens and booties. The little girl fell asleep in Su's [my sis-in-law; mother to Joel and Joshua] arms and I think she just MELTED on the spot. She was just about contemplating whether to try for a third child, but obviously she wants a girl, after those two rascals. And the fact is, there's always a chance that she could get THREE boys/rascals, which is a huge factor for her. But I think Natasha could very possibly have sealed the answer for her. Haha.

Those two rascals wrecked havoc in Singapore, I'll tell you. The house had never been so noisy, ever. Even when my cousins and I were little. We had the neighbours peeking out of the windows at the two kids throwing and banging their new toy trucks around.

My
granddad, he had a stroke in March this year, it was my first time seeing him like this. He's probably the one grandparent that I am closest to. He can now walk fine, with a bit of help, but his speech is blurred and vague. He used to be so healthy, he used to be someone who could drive around, find his way throughout the maze of Singaporean roads, which was amazing for someone his age. He used to buy me McDonalds when I was about six or seven; he'd tell me stories in a mix of broken up Cantonese and English. The last time I went back, he made us dumplings to eat every day. And now, I can't even understand what he's talking about half the time. That made me really sad, watching him try to talk, and cry when he realized that we all couldn't understand him. I teared as I watched him, I know my brother was about to too but we tried to hold back for Kong Kong's sake.

Life's fragile, isn't it?

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram