Recap.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

It has been eons since I've updated. So, thousand apologies for that. But well, since I'm blessed with wonderful memory [haha!], I can still update you.

Thursday
Read. Read. And read somemore.


Friday
Read. Read. And finished. Pheeewwww. Man, now I gotta wait till next year for the next book. But it was a good marathon read. The girls and I went out for our weekly family dinner, this time in Old Town for Bak Kut Teh. Slurp. Btw, if you ever go for Bak Kut Teh with
Ching, get your hands on whatever soup you can first, or else she'll just gulp it all down. I think we got high on Bak Kut Teh or something, because we laughed and laughed all the way through dinner and all the way home. But hey, that's just us.

~Photo-0580
Burp. Bak Kut Teh was GOOD.

Met up with
Jo and Drew after that. Went to Williams for a drink after that. We each, with the exception of Siok Kwan, had a humougous heeeuge Ribena Longan. It's huge. I'm not joking. Imagine all that Bak Kut Teh soup and the Ribena. Gosh, I swear you could practically hear the water slushing around in our bladders after that. No more Ribena for a month.

After that, it was back to my house.
Ching INSISTED on going all the way to Kiara at 11 pm for a WALK! A walk! Geez. We went in for a quick use of the bathroom, plus Andrew helped us kill a cockroach in my kitchen. Lol. Called Wei Soon up, to ask him if he wanted to go for a walk with us. Like any other semi-normal person, he thought we were mad, and said he wanted to grab a bite instead. So, while waiting for Wei Soon to drive to my house, we took a walk in the park opposite my house instead. We brought my little puppy out for a walk, who took a sudden liking to Andrew. Andrew seemed rather overwhelmed with the attention. Haha!

Wei Soon came, and off we went in pursuit for more food. Went to Damansara Uptown, had cheese naan. Jo, Ching and I shared one Teh o' Ais Limau, and could not manage to finish it, what with all that Ribena in us. Reached home, contented and with a full bladder. Slept like a log.


Saturday
My god. I don't know what possessed us but
Mary, Suki and I decided to go to the GYM in Suki's condo. We had the whole gym to ourselves, with the exception of a cute chubby little boy running his heart out on the treadmill. I have pictures of Mary running so fast on the treadmill that her legs are a blur, but if I post them up, I'm sure I won't live to see another day, so I shall just keep them to myself. Haha.

The three of us went off to 1U for the first day of the Megasale after that. Had dinner in Shakey's, so all the gym-ing was in total vain anyway. Bought a sweater, eyeliner and three pairs of earrrings. Aaaaah. Shopping is therapeutic.

~Photo-0589
Us before dinner, taking the opportunity for self shots. Tee hee.


Sunday
Woke up pretty early today, had a Student Council project today. In May, we had a fund-raising project for the 'orang asli' children at Carey Island; so, today was the day to actually go over there to present them with the food items and other stuff that we bought. It was about a one hour plus drive to Carey Island, just situated off Port Klang. Quite a fun journey, we had
Wenxue and Chew Ling in the car for entertainment :) The kids over there were just so adorable. They did this traditional dance for us, as a way of welcoming us. When our Student Council prez, Ming, made a speech, the people over there refered to him as Encik Ming, President of SUNWAY. Whoa, big promotion there. Haha. Conditions there were pretty bad though, there was this one guy, with a house as big as my room, with himself and his wife; and his eight kids living in it. His neighbour was his mother-in-law, who strangely enough, had a pretty big-screened TV. Odd. I kinda left scratching my head on that one.

~Photo-0602
The dance by the children, all decked out in handmade costumes, made from leaves.

Rushed home to make it in time for
Ah Kong's 91st birthday dinner. It's great that for someone his age, he's actually really healthy. He has a larger appetite than both my brothers put together, believe it or not. Which is really saying something. We had those little pink paus that you eat at birthday dinners; I think they're called 'sau pau'. So Ah Kong just sat there calmly chewing on his pau while me and the rest of the cousins sang the whole birthday song and did all the usual hoo-haa nonsense. He blew out the candle calmly and cut the cake, and went back to slowly chewing at his pau. Haha. That was kinda hilarious. He was probably thinking in Hokkien, 'Just leave me alone, I wanna eat my pau.'

~Photo-0625
Our Chinese restaurant had this. Hmmmm.

Went home and cursed
Fernando Alonso to death. I HATE this fella.


Monday
Back to college. Went for a meeting regarding MUFY Sharity Day. Stayed back till about 7 plus painting a banner for the performances audition for Sunway Ball. Gosh, so many things going on simultaneously.


Tuesday
Council meeting day. Yay,
Lee Lee's back so I don't have to write minutes for the fifth week in a row. Haha.

Went home and washed my hair with this new shampoo which smelt like bananas. Ick.


Wednesday
Discussed our theme study presentation in class. With myself, cause both my group members didn't come to class. Sheesh.


Thursday
Got back Econs paper. Wheeeee. Good results. Came home. Did Maths B, Maths B and more Maths B. Bleurgh. I wonder why we have had so many Maths B asssessments throughout the year. I think this is our seventh one. There are only four Chemistry assessments so far this year! Man, so unfair.

~Photo-0629
Our Malaysian superheros of tomorrow.


Friday
The day of Maths B test. The horror.

It was also the day for our Student Council ECA Project, the Clubs and Societies Blast, where we gathered representatives from the various clubs and societies in Sunway to come together, mingle around and to play games. It was pretty fun, watching almost everyone decked out in Hawaiian shirts. I co-emceed the event with
Wenxue; emcee-ing is kinda freaky, but a few stutters aside, I hope I did okay. At least I didn't resort to telling lame jokes like a certain co-emcee of mine. Lol. Came home, collapsed into bed. Showered first, of course.

Clubs and Societies Blast!
That's
Alan over there, decorating our board.


Saturday
Woke up and found out that someone had broken into our house, wanting to steal my sis-in-law's Honda CRV. Not the first time this has happened. The fellow broke a window, triggered the alarm, and must have fled. So all you people out there, who own CRVs, do watch out. Apparently, CRVs are really in demand now. Car thieves target CRVs.

Left for the Leo Installation in the morning. Surprisingly, it actually started on time this year, so we kinda missed about half the event. But, the turnout was great. They had a lot more guests compared to the years before. Overall, not a bad job. I'm pretty proud :) Haha. Not like it really matters, after all, but it's just nice to see that the club you had a hand in building up for one entire year is doing well.

Went for lunch with
Mary and Esther, then went back to Mary's house to laze around for a bit, looked at Mary's old pictures.

Went for PBSM Installation at night this time. And I had a great time there. Everything made me feel so incredibly nostalgic over again. Yeah yeah, I know I'm a wuss, but still it was great to see all the juniors. Hey, we're considered VIPs now. *grin* The little PBSMs doing security were so cute.
John and his friend sang wonderfully, the dances were good. ESPECIALLY THE ONE WITH LIANG ZHI IN IT! OMG. Ben [who was in a really ugly apek shirt, btw], Sioki, Ching, Fue Xiang, Li Vern and I screamed ourselves hoarse. My throat's still kinda sore now. Liang Zhi can really SHAKE THAT BOOTY! Gosh, I'm still in shock over that. Really. In total shock. Liang Zhi, dancing among all the girls. In his bright yellow shirt. He can SHAKE. Anyone need a dancer, seriously, go look up Lee Liang Zhi. Haha!

Installation ended really early this year, so
Sioki, Ching and I decided to go for a yum char session at Murni's. Went to kidnap Joseph Dong and K Vin, and we told them we were selling them off to Thailand. Haha. K Vin, at one point, actually wondered why we were referring to Murni's as Thailand. We went to pump some air into Ching's tires first though, and as usual, we had fun doing strange things like this. Met up with Lik Xiong in Murni's, ooh, and we saw this cute guy in an Elmo shirt. Haha.



Phew, one heck of a recap there. I hope you guys actually missed me. Haha.

PS: Ooh, EPL football kicks off again next week!

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram