Ups and Downs.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

It's been one hell of a week. Seriously. College is starting to take it's toll.

Research project was due Monday, oral presentation on the next day, Accounting assessments on Wednesday and Thursday and Maths A assessments on Friday. More to come next week, I've got another two assessments on Monday and Tuesday. Gasp.

Ching and I, we went back to school on Thursday. The Leos were having their AGM. Those were the days, I still remember, very absolutely clearly, from the day I was elected as Assistant Secretary, to President, to the very day I stepped down. Call me sentimental, I will be the first to admit that I am. I teared at my outgoing speech.

Dramatic, cliched, but in a way, Leo was a huge part of my upper secondary school life. Almost every other day, we dealt with pressure of projects, members, selling badges, all that extra conflict. Must say that our board was excellent, I may be biased, but we managed to pull off a lot of projects in school. We had a board that was first and foremost based on a foundation of friendship before Leo, and that helped us tons. Ching, Sioki, Jo, Diane, Sheng, Ping, Edmund, Bert and the others, you guys helped 'US' pull through. All Leos, juniors, seniors, I'll never forget those days and the people. Ever.

Chiac, SK, Wen -- Leo Install
Me, Ching and Sioki - our first installation as Leos. We look so young.

grouppic3_1
Us at Assunta Leo Installation.

110_1073_1
Me, Ching and our then-juniors, who are now in the midst of stepping down for the new members to take over.

Needless to say, AGM was nail-bitingly dramatic. I can't say I totally agree with the whole of the new BOD, and I'm sure some of you guys may agree with me, but then again, who am I to disagree? Just an old senior. Haha. John, congrats, I know you'll do an awesome job.

Friday, thank god it finally rolled around. After our assessment, I stayed back for an EchoEcho is the Sunway Uni College magazine - meeting [if I haven't mentioned it before, Ms. Jane, if you're still reading my blog, we MISS YOU! :)]. I'm going to do a survey with Cath and Eugene as a feature, but it won't be your everday-run-of-the-mill survey. We've got questions like, "What is the 'soundtrack' to your life and why?" or "Which character from a movie/book is your alter ego?". Pretty interesting stuff. Got two feature articles to write by my quickly approaching deadline. Sigh, more work.

Caught stuck in a bloody bumper-to-bumper traffic jam on the way home, reached home only to see the whole gang standing in front of my house waiting for me. Oops, sorry guys. Traffic jam on LDP, larh! Not my fault.

Off to Starlight Cinema we went. Been waiting for years to go [well, not exactly years, but well, you get my drift], it was a blast. Picnic, lazing around and the intriguingly witty and honest 'Sepet'. It was a good night, a lot of catching up at mamak after as is always the case when we meet up with each other.

~Photo-0529~Photo-0530
The screen, and Wei Soon's head, plus Suki's finger. Lol.

~Photo-0535
Andrew misses Ribena cause he doesn't get any on campus at Uniten. But seriously, how many people order Ribena at the mamak?

Will get more pics from Ching's cam. I always say that, don't I?

Yet another lazy Saturday. Our Suki was a heroine, she donated blood this morning. I'm a bit freakish, squeamish when it comes to blood. I honestly don't know if I'd be able to do it, but it's definitely something I really want to do in the future.

The girls came over to play mahjong in the afternoon. Then went over to Ching's to watch 'Jerry Maguire' again. Lol. Ching and Mary only wanted to watch the romantic parts though, so we sorta sat around and forwarded our way through the bulk of the movie. Came home, dozed a bit, watched TV, and here I am, blogging again. When I should be studying for Monday's assessments. It's getting a little harder to get my brain to function these days. Lousy brain battery. No matter how much I charge it, it doesn't get better. Sigh. I guess that comes with old age. Oh, man.

More pics, from Jo's eighteenth birthday on Sunday:
[Thanks, Kapi, for the pics!]

haiyor again_1
The girls and Josie, with his chicken wing.

the guys_1
The guys. Check out Wei Soon's cina-pek shorts. L-R: Wei Soon, Jo, Sat, Josie & Paul

weird guys n the girls_1
This picture proves that the members of the fairer sex are just more civilized. Haha!

us n jo_1
Us with the birthday boy!

the jos_1
The 3 Jo-s: Joseph, Jo and Josie

us, josie in the bground_1
Hey, check out who's in the background. Lol.

the gang_1
There we are, looking like how normal people should be.

wackiness_1
And there's our wacky picture, where Sat went "Hey, who's pinching my butt?????"


And also, here's eye candy for the week:

~Photo-0522
Lil darlings when they want to be.

~Photo-0523
And the rest of the time, lil rascals. Lmao. Priceless.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram