Being One-Seven.

Monday, August 15, 2005

I know this has been a way long overdue post, and I'm so sorry with that. I've been so bogged that down with work and assessments and Student Council work that I've been all blogged out. I seem to be blogging less and less these fine days but somehow blogging doesn't come all that instantly anymore. Maybe I've been facing a writing overload with all the articles that I've had to write for the Sunway Echo mag.

Well, well. Where do I start? One year older. *jumps up and down frantically* I remember that song from the sound of music, where Von Trapp's oldest daughter dances around in that glass-house-thingy with the guy she's in love in, and she sings, 'I am sixteen, going on seventeen'. Haha. That was a classic moment in movie history for a lot of sixteen-year-old teenage girls around the world, this blog owner included. No longer sixteen-going-on-seventeen, but now seventeen years and a week old.

I celebrated my birthday on the Saturday before my birthday. I know I didn’t want so much of a birthday party exactly, but a sorta gathering, where friends come sit down, have food and catch up with one another, since I know a lot of us hadn't exactly seen each other for months. Besides, this time next year, how many of us will still be around? I know that's exactly what I said last year too, but anyway, it was also a good excuse to celebrate my birthday. Haha.

czhao, me, lx and jo_1
Czhao, me, Lik Xiong and Jo.

win and sioki_1
The beast, and the beauty. Hee hee.

group pic 2_1
Clockwise from top left: Chris, me, Teng, K Vin, Suki, Joseph, Sheng & Piggy.

Suki, me, ching, pig, teng_1
Sweet smiles all around.

me and the guys_1
Jo, me, Bert, Cheeks, Win Han, Sat.

sheng and i_1
Me, and dear Sheng :)

power rangers_1
Haha! I just had to post this up. Check out the Power Ranger wannabes : Sat, Chee Kit, Jo with Josie's arms as horns, Paul and a rather-pouty-lookin' Drew.

me, jo, win, mary, sioki_1
Me, Jo, Sioki, Mary, Win Han & his Nokia.

me and the guys 2_1
I genuinely remember someone saying, "Paul, if your mom sees this picture, you're dead meat." Haha, and I do agree, what with his devious-looking expression and that bottle of wine in his hand.

Screamin Sheng_1
Aaaah.

GT models_1
Introducing the new generation of GT car models. Trying very hard to look seductive - Wei Soon, Drew and Ms HandOnHerHip Josie.

raping_1
Tsk tsk. Rape cases. It's just not safe in SS2 anymore.

wei soon as usual_1
Sat: Wen, you know what, we should send this photo to Russia. He'll never get a girlfriend there for his seven years there *grins evilly*

after pushin pang out_1
The guys, right after pushing poor Wei Soon out of the picture. Look at their guilty faces!

Sab, me, Mary, Pig, Karen_1
Me, Mary, Pek Wah, Karen & Sabrina.

bunch of posers_1
Can you even say 'posers' in time?

Senoritaz_1
Me and my darling best mates.

Got loads of lovely pressies from all you generous people. Chocs, bags, photo frames, bath spa stuff, a book, and the lot. Plus a personalised full-length mirror and gorgeous Aussino quilt from my besties :) A girl couldn't possible feel any happier than this. It feels like Christmas when I was a kid; repeating itself for three days in a row. Weird-sounding analogy, I know. Tee hee.

Because sitting on the porch was so hazy, we all shifted out. Some hung out at the badminton courts opposite my house; some just yakked away at the side of the road. And without fail, every year, Win Han's motorbike becomes an attraction. Almost everyone takes turns vroom-ing around on his bike. He wouldn't go home, along with Joseph, Bert and Wei Soon. We watched videos of 5 Cempaka and laughed ourselves silly till our tummies ached. Ching and I finally 'chased' them home at around 2:30 a.m.
Ching, Sioki, Mary, Suki, Pek Wah, Jo, Wei Soon, Sat, Kish, Diane, Drew, Paul, Chee Kit, Teng, Sheng, Czhao, Lik Xiong, Chris, Josie, Joseph, De Shun, Min Hwui, Sabrina, Peggy, K Vin, Win Han, Albert, Cheh Wei, Esther, Karen; all you guys, thank you for coming and making it such an extremely sweet celebration for me. Also, all the text messages in my overflowing inbox at the stroke of midnight on the 8th of August and throughout the entire day; and all the Friendster messages & testimonials I received; all my awesome college mates who wished me throughout the day; the lovely Student Council for surprising me with a cake; I know I felt honoured because so many people remembered, but even more honoured because so many people love me [ you guys do love me, right? Haha! =) ] I know I definitely had one of the best birthdays I ever had this year, because I felt so loved and blessed with such brilliant and sweet friends like all of you. Thank you! xoxo All of you have been blessings to me, in one way or another. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

This soon-to-be ‘P’ driver will repay all your priceless favours soon! [I can just hear Ching, Sioki, Suki, Mary, Jo and Wei Soon cheering at the thought of that day approaching =P]

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram