Vrooming Around.

Monday, August 22, 2005

I am so tired out. First of all, like where I left off on yesterday's post, I was off to the mechanical 'seminar' thingy at Metro's. Let's just say it was not my ideal way of spending my Sunday afternoon. It was boring; I was bored, even my toes were bored. Sheesh. We waited around for about an hour before it started. Sat in the seminar room for an hour and a half, listening to the instructor guy before going out to the circuit to watch the other people drive around. Then he opened up the Kancil's bonnet and pointed around at some parts of the engine, taught us how to change a tire. Not that it really helped, I probably couldn't change a tire now even after watching that.

I mean, in all due respect to the instructor, he actually really tried to be funny. I know, I know, when you try to be funny, you usually end up being lame. But in boredom, heck, lame-ness is appreciated. Some dude just started to poke fun at him, and tried to put him down in front of everyone else. Which is kinda incredibly rude. So after a few jibes, the instructor just lost it and started shouting at that cocky dude. And neither of them wanted to back down. I mean, fine, if the instructor loses his cool with you, just bite your lip and apologize and then shut up. You may wanna argue and say you're right and all that crap, but just shut that gap of yours and mumble a sorry. In the end, that dude just walked off and went to have a smoke by the side. Honestly, he was awfully obnoxious. Even I felt like punching him. *shakes head* Hrmph. That was the only highlight of the day. Really. But well, at least
Elaine was there, and I met this other girl whose name I THINK is Li Lian, or Yi Lian. She's studying in the UK and on summer break; and get this, she's doing a double science and a double math in A Levels. Genius. She couldn't decide between medicine or math, so she did both.

As for today, I went for the second part of the six hours mechanical 'seminar'. Got to drive the Kancil around today. There weren't enough instructors, so this girl and I shared one instructor. And because the both of us had to keep on taking turns to learn, we actually had to stay 6 complete hours; meaning that it would work out to 3 apiece. The circuit at Metro's is so freaking hot.

And... my instructor looks like a complete loiterer! He looks SCARY. He's got messy long-ish hair, till bout his shoulders. He smokes like a fish, wears jeans with holes in the knees and a dirty-looking long sleeved shirt with small lubangs in the back. Omg. But well, he's a pretty okay instructor I suppose. Kinda impatient. Oh well, I killed the engine about five times, which by newbie standards, ain't too bad? Drove round and round this housing area first, then moved back to the circuit; doing the slope and the three-point turn.

But above everything, I do think driving's kinda fun... =)

Something really strange is that, the older we get, the more childish we are! I mean, fine, I'm finally seventeen, and being an age where I'm able to drive legally. The rest of my friends are mostly eighteen, at an age where they can.. erm.. do OTHER stuff legally. And yet, we're still so childish! We spent like about two hours on Saturday night in Murni's playing childish games with each another. Haha. All that nonsense. I remember playing all this crap way back in Form One. Do you remember the one called 'Black Magic'? Or the one where we go "Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny...whoops.. Johnny... whoops... Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny.." while pointing at each of our fingers in turn? YES, we did THAT, in the MAMAK. We have no shame, seriously.
Jo, Joseph, Wei Soon, Suki, Drew: you guys have NO SHAME! And neither do I, for that matter. Haha.

I laughed till I cried and split my watermelon drink.
Jo claims he laughed till he developed pecs. Lmao. We laughed and laughed till we got the attention of almost every table around us, I think. They were probably whispering to each other, 'Silly little kids, don't know why their parents actually let them out'. Haha! But well, I had tons of fun. I can't even remember laughing so hard in years. I'm not joking. Really, I don't remember the last time I laughed like that, and this is really saying something because I laugh so bloody easily. It was great, albeit the embarassment [which only hit me after I got home], I really enjoyed myself. It's just nice to get away from the workload and all that stress and chill out with people whose company you enjoy and vice versa [I hope]. Thanks guys. Next time, we may as well stick big tags on our foreheads which say 'lame and childish'. =P

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram