Idol or Idle,

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Woke up sooooo late for church this morning. Found out that my parents left me peacefully sleeping away in my new turquoise sheets [courtesy of the Senoritaz, Wei Soon and Lik Xiong] and left without me. So I got up about 10:30 [which I can safely say that I'm sure is a whole lot earlier for all you bums out there who laze in till 'bout 2 p.m. on weekends] , made breakfast and shuffled around sleepily, channel surfing. Finally settled on Malaysian Idol and MAN, was it a sight. A sad, sorry sight.

Come on, about 3.8 million citizens in Malaysia and counting, and this is the best singing talent we can muster up? Sorry excuse for Idols, most of them. Seriously, do you want someone like that 'mat rock' dude representing our country? Granted, he can sing. But he can ONLY sing rock songs, and that's the problem I have with him. Malaysian Idol material? No way. The idol has to have an engaging personality and a versatile voice, just to name two of many qualities. At least two of the contestants this year have problems understanding VERSATILE. I'll have to say it's gonna be a toss up between
Nita and Farah. But oh well, that's not gonna keep me from voting for Ash. I think Ash has a great soul voice, but the problem with him is that he makes the stupidest song choices EVER. He practically murdered Gavin DeGraw's 'I Don't Wanna Be'. And of course, I'm gonna be totally superficial here too and say that he's pretty studly. If only they hadn't voted off Trish and Atilia. Now that would have been some show. Atilia's awesome. And in all fairness to Ejay, I do think she has a great voice. Her pronounciation killed her performances though.

If that over-rehearsed
Adam wins, I'm giving up hope on Malaysian Idol. His dance moves are certifiably cringe-worthy. I'd rather see the idiotic judge, Roslan Aziz, singing rather than Adam winning. Am I the only one with fully-functioning ears and eyes watching Malaysian Idol and voting? Geez.

Jaclyn Victor is undefeatable. Enough said. Sure, you don't want another Jaclyn Victor this year. You want something different; but, for starters, about 70% of the contestants this year are not even IN her league and that's just what's so SAD. They're nowhere within a one-mile radius from her. Untouchable. She is definitely a star in her own right.

And speaking of which, that star, Jaclyn Victor is gonna be performing for our Sunway Ball, held on the 22nd of September. So all of you, do come! This is your chance to really see a star. We can watch her together and lament about the horribly quality of the idols this year.

Oh well, it's almost time, I'm off to attend the mechanical part of the driving lesson process. Three long hours. Man. What a waste of a perfectly laze-able Sunday afternoon.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram