We Be Burnin',

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Who else has been hibernating this Chinese New Year? It's so bloody hot out there. Like a freakin' sauna. Wait, scratch that. Worse than that. Every CNY feels like we're in the middle of some desert. Seriously. I'm still wondering why.

After all, it was pouring only two weeks ago. Raining cats and dogs.

Malaysia has the weirdest climate, ever.

All I know is that, when I walk out into the sun, I feel like I could crack an egg on top of my head and have it for lunch.

I have been horribly lazy over blogging these past couple of days. Or weeks. I don't know. My brain loses all sense of time when I'm on holiday.

Anyway, enough rambling, first things first.
Sharmin's back. We bought her a cake and dropped by at her house after she came back from the airport. She sounds exactly the same. I don't know why I find that so fascinating, but I do. Lol. Some people come back with accents, but she still sounds as Malaysian as ever. Interesting, isn't it? But, I digress. It's great to have her back, albeit Mun Fong saying that we've already gotten to used to not having her. [Yeah, I know. Only she can come up with those sort of things. Lol.]

Work's been pretty fun.
Erica, one of the new temps turned out to be my old Sunday School friend back when I was about nine? Ten? Somewhere there. It's a really small world, huh?

Some CNY pics.

Resized0001
The women of the family. Hmmm. That kinda makes me sound old, doesn't it? We all decided to go dressy this year. No jeans.

Resized0003
Our LV catalogue. Brother not included.

Resized0002
Awwww. Adorable.

~Photo-1024
Eve and I.

Resized0005
Us hanging around watching Power Rangers before going to my grandma's house. The new version of Power Rangers is W.E.I.R.D. I remember how I loved the one they showed way back when I was a kid.

Resized0006
The Tan Family Photo: 2006 Edition

~Photo-1029
Joshua 'Neo' Tan: Matrix Reloaded.

~Photo-1018
The guilty pleasures which gives me extra ounces every year.

Visited all my relatives; collected the ang pows from them. Ate a lot. Still eating a lot. Sounds like every other Chinese New Year, isn't it?

Went to Kayu's the night before last with
the girls, Jo Weng and JoDong, because we were bored. There's not terribly much to do at this time; TV shows are crap during CNY. Went to Siokkwan's house after that and gave Joseph a facial mask. Please note: We did not in any way force him into it; he wanted to TRY it out. So, we experimented. And improvised. [We did not have any cucumber slices to put on his eyes, so we used tomatoes. Innovative, eh? Lmao.]

~Photo-1039
Suki, the.. err.. what is it we call the people who give facials? Beautician? Hmmm.

~Photo-1036
Hanging around, waiting for the mask to dry. We tried to create a spa-like ambience by dimming the lights. Lol.

~Photo-1042
Technically speaking, tomatoes have Vitamin A, which is supposed to be good for your eyesight. So, our moment of creativity could have been a spark of brilliance, eh?

~Photo-1044
Mask removal.

He claims his face was more radiant after that. So we were probably doing something right, I suppose.

Went to
Sukkwan's place after that for a mahjong session. And listened to a Backstreet Boys CD. Just for kicks. Embarassingly enough, we knew all the words.

Brought the kids to Times Square yesterday morning. They must have went on the bumper cars, like, fifteen times altogether. [Considering that they've watched '2 Fast 2 Furious' so many times until the DVD's totally scratched, fifteen's not that many after all.] Even the operator of the bumper cars looked sick of them. Ooh, and I went on the roller-coaster too. The one for adults, mind you. It was pretty cool; gravity-defying.

~Photo-1047
The kids on the train. And the adults on the train. Don't waste money, mah.

~Photo-1049
The flight of the bumblebee.

~Photo-1046
The kids on their bumper-car mania.

Jo and the girls came over last night for another mahjong session. Sukkwan's such a mahjong Nazi. If you get my gist. Oh and by the way, I just realised that I taught quite a few people to play mahjong. Ching, Siokkwan, Jo and Mary. I think I taught John too, but I'm not sure. Not bad, not bad. I'm a sifu now. Lol.

Man. Just another three days till I have to go back to work. The past few days felt like it dragged, but somehow it flew. Does that make sense at all? Nope. I didn't think so either.

The heat is getting to me. Dammit.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram