Summing Up.

Monday, January 23, 2006

I'm sitting here at work at 9:14 a.m. listening to bloody Chinese New Year music. I'm waiting for 10 a.m., when they change the music to Mix FM. It feels like I haven't updated in ages, but it hasn't been that long, has it?

At least I'm finally done with the cards. All those damned pink envelopes went to the post office on Friday and are hopefully travelling to the thousand different destinations whose addresses have been SO painstakingly written by the other three temps and I.

Baked a ton of CNY cookies on Saturday - choc chip, pineapple tarts, peanut cookies, kuih bangkit, butter cookies.

You would think that with all the music and CNY cards and cookies, that I would be raring up and all geared for CNY, but really, I'm not. Lol.

I used to count the days till the first day of CNY when I was a small kid with two pigtails. Somehow, this many years later, it's starting to lose it's novelty. Sure, I love the red packets filling up my empty wallet. Who doesn't, seriously? But well, it's supposed to be more than that, but really, that's just all it's become to a lot of us, hasn't it?

Well, break out the mandarin oranges, I say. I suppose I'll get into the mood after we have the first yee sang. We have this 'lil unofficial competition every year with the yee sang. My siblings and their other halves and me; we see who can carry the yee sang highest with our chopsticks. And usually my second brother wins because he has the longest limbs. Lol. While my parents and my grandparents are left shaking their heads at all the yee sang that miraculously flies across the table in our quest, and at our childishness.

Tuesday to Friday was just work and work and work. Chinese New Year cards and database cleaning. Went to pasar malam with the usual gang on Thursday.

Friday night. What a way to let loose after work. Went out with
Michelle again, and this time with the rest of our old 6 Yakin gang. [minus Sharm, and plus Sioki, of course] We seriously had not had something like this for, well basically, six years. Since Standard 6. It was great fun, just like old times, only now we have a lot more booze.

Was at P1 for awhile, playing tai ti. Then, left to Nook's and stayed till bout 3.30, which is this place in Menara Choy Fook Onn in State PJ. The boss there is SO cool. It was
Huay Lian's birthday a few days ago, so we told them, and they brought her a free Flaming, and a 'Happy Birthday' ballooon and all. Gave us a good deal on a bottle of JD, plus a free jug of beer. And we got them to change the music so we could dance and all [pssst, there is NO dance floor, btw] and they were so cool with everything. Seriously, people, it's a great place to chill, so you should totally go there. Played a few drinking games - that stupid confusing big small fish game. Ish.

Oh, and
Mun Fong gets an accent when she's pissed drunk, lol! That was funny. I shall spare you all the OTHER details that happened that night.

Went to
Bryan's house after that, while the rest of them drank somemore, and I took a nap. Sleepy, larh. Bryan's chair was too comfortable. Got home at about 4.30 and knocked out after that.

Great fun. And I'm already missing
Michelle. Sigh. She hasn't even left yet.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram