Footie Talk.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Okay. So I'm a football-watching, screaming, shouting, cursing person. That's the beauty of football, lol. It makes my blood pressure race. And there's this great adrenaline rush.

Watched two matches yesterday. Chelsea vs. West Ham. And Man Utd vs. Arsenal.

Talk about football, man.

Both title contenders started off pretty badly. Chelsea only played better after they lost one man, and Man Utd finally got back into the game after Arsenal made a very fluid start.

The games were great to watch in the essence of football. Even though it's very clear that I'm not a Chelsea fan, I am still perfectly capable of watching a good game of football and appreciating talent as they come.

I hate, hate, hate people who can't seem to do that. The only good players in the world play for the club they support, and everyone else sucks. Puh-lease. Get a life. The world does not revolve round whichever flavour of the week you're supporting.

Did you ever realise, how many new fans have sprouted up since Arsenal and Chelsea have started winning? I have never seen these people openly supporting these teams of theirs until they started winning. And they talk, like they're like 'oh, my team's all that', when in all fairness, they don't even know what the hell they're talking about. Like, come on.

I don't detest Chelsea. Okay, or maybe I do. But there was a day when I did like them. Back in the day when Gianfranco Zola and Eidur Gudjohnsen were still wearing blue shirts. Whoa. Those were some players. Now? It's all about the circus, man - acting and theatrics. Football's not about all that. The great Chelsea player now for me? Hernan Crespo. Crespo definitely deserves more first team time than he's getting. He has more talent that the entire Chelsea bench put together. The rest I couldn't really care about except the fact that Terry and Lampard are England players, and that del Horno's not bad for completely shallow reasons altogether.

del horno
Something del Horno.
Mary, I can't remember lah.

I don't know what it is, but there's just something missing in Chelsea for me. They play good football, they score goals. But something, that extra oomph and pure English football passion's just not in it for ME. Note that I said, for ME. Don't come and whine and pout and give me a bazillion reasons why they're better than United and how I'm so totally wrong and blind. I'm entitled to my own opinion as you are to yours.

I loved watching the United match. Arsenal are at the top of their game and they gave me little heart attacks throughout the match. Honestly, the match could have easily went both ways. Very, very easily. I thank god for Rooney and Park. Park is just amazing. The way he holds up the ball, the way he has relentless stamina and the drive he has. Good buy.
Ming and Xue reckon that in years to come, footballers in the EPL are going to start drinking ginseng =P

wayne rooney
Powerhouse, all right.

park
The players congratulating Park Ji-Sung on his first ever EPL goal.

I still think it would have been different if Henry had started for Arsenal, but hey, that's football.

Don't kill me. Just my two cents on football this week.

*

On a very different note for those of you who are probably bored out of your mind with my boring football talk: We shall talk about musicccccc. My lurveee.

One of my friends was looking through my MP3 players [which by the way, I'm slowly becoming very dependant on] and remarked that I listened to very, very weird music.

Lol.

It ain't weird. It just ain't mainstream.

I think I am a music junkie. I really think I am.

So, let's play a little game. I'm going to put down some artistes that I always play on my mp3 player, which are not exactly mainstream yet [i.e. doesn't play on average charts often, no exposure on MTV], and you tell me how many of them you would have actually heard of, if you hadn't already seen me mention them on here. It'll be easy, I promise. Then, you can tell me on my chatterbox how you fared. No right or wrong, just to see how many you've heard of.
Xue, you should do well.

Jack's Mannequin
Anna Nalick
Jimmy Eat World
Josh Kelley
Michelle Featherstone
Aly & AJ
James William Hindle
Ashley Parker Angel
Something Corporate
Aqualung
Story of the Year
The Weepies
Lori McKenna
Rebecca Blaylock
Forty Foot Echo

*

The song of the mo- Ashley Parker Angel - Let U Go.

Thought of the minute- How come, I have tons of stamina when I play netball but I can't jog to save my life?

Wish(es) of the day- Hmmm. I want a billion bucks so I can waste it all on some football team like some Russion bazillionaires so that more little children and starving humans can suffer even more.

Thing(s) I should do- Go to class now! Gulp.

Thing(s) you should do- Take a shower.

My favourite quotes since the last time I blogged:

*lift doors open, and we see Mr. Lee standing inside the lift. we don't go in, cause it's going up first*

Bryan: Everytime we see Mr. Lee, he's like so busy.

Zhen Han: Not really, he wasn't doing anything just now also.

Bryan: Got what. He was holding a pen.

Us: -_-" ??

=D!

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram