Baby, One More Time.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Okay, so with the absence of internet and sickly assignments, I hadn't had much time to update.

But my bad, how could I keep away from posting pics of my lovely new niece for so long?

New rugrat in da house, y'all!

World, I introduce to you, my darlin' angelic niece, lil Miss
Amelia Tan Yuet Ling.

~Photo-1213
The night she was born. Look at how tiny she is. Well, tiny in the sense that she's small compared to everyone else. If you look at it in the sense of her being in
Su's stomach, then she looks pretty big, lol. If that makes sense. Sorry, I'll stop my rambling now.

~Photo-1215
Aww, look at her.

~Photo-1226
Joshua, who is now a kor kor, was so excited throughout the night and kept on tugging at my skirt to 'see his baby Amelia'. His words, not mine. :)

~Photo-1221
My brother, the proud papa.

~Photo-1247
Two weeks later, during Mother's Day. Look at how scared she looks. Psst;
Evelyn's actually squealing at her, that's why.

~Photo-1248
Yawn. Guess we tired her out.

Ain't she lovely?

So, for those of you who still can't keep my giga-family straight, that was
Amelia;

~Photo-1148
These are her two speedo-donning older brothers,
Joshua and Joel, who have a bright future as kid swimming trunk models ahead of them.

~Photo-1085
Her cousin,
Aaron, who recently got number 8 in class, yay! [There, Zhen Han, this is the one that whacked you. Hee.]

~Photo-1155
And his sister, dear
Vanessa, who now insists we call her cheh cheh instead of baby.

There you have it, my convoy of kids who drive me crazy on a daily basis.

*

It's a do-it-yourself meal.

The gang came over for dinner one of the days because my mum was making her special pan mee. She makes the dough, and the soup, and all the stuff you put into the pan mee eg. mushroom, meat, ikan bilis, fried onions. And the rest of it, is DIY.

Whenever DIY is involved, you can bet on it getting messy, and funny.

~Photo-1206
A very dark-looking
Jo, and a not-any-fairer Ching at my kitchen table with the dough.

~Photo-1207
Suki beginning to cut up her pan mee pieces..

~Photo-1208
...And somehow they turned out like this. So, she dumped them into
Jo's pot while it was boiling, and he had to eat it. :D

~Photo-1210
Enjoying the meal. Burp.

We ate till we were so full that I swear I could practically hear all that soup sloshing around in everyone's stomachs after that.

*

The day for mommas.

I made a carrot cake with cheese toppings and raisins for mum.

Joseph a.k.a. Ah Dong decided that he wanted to make chopchip cookies for his mother. Guess who's help he enlisted and who's kitchen he put into danger?

Giving me high blood pressure and all.

So, first he came late. Second, he didn't buy me any lunch. Third, he's just Joseph lah.

Teaching him how to bake is not easy, trust me. I braved the task, and barely emerged alive. Just ask
Mary or Jo, who came along just for kicks.

~Photo-1231
My newest student. Oh joy. Psst;
Ming was a better one, I'll have to say. Just ignore that sentence, Dong. Oh look, there's Mary too. And the electric mixer, which is older than me, by the way.

~Photo-1232
So, finally, the batter is done, and
Dong starts scooping it out onto the trays.

~Photo-1233
But the process is too slow, and in the end, we all had to chip [pun totally unintended] in with help. After that, our brilliant friend decided he wanted a mega-cookie, and went on making a big round one about the size of a CD.

~Photo-1234
But, being the lovely, kind friends that we always are, we decided that a mega-cookie would be too boring and therefore, morphed the CD into
Winnie the Pooh, amidst great protest from Dong. Ta-daa!

~Photo-1237
After staring our work of art also known as the
Winnie the Pooh cookie, Dong decided that he too should get creative, and went to work. The end result? This piece of, erm, something. :D

~Photo-1239
The end result: Loads of chocchip cookies, and one very tired me.

Hey, at least his mom was happy. And now
Dong owes me a plate of the best nasi lemak in the world. Maybank mamak nasi lemak, yumm.

*

Oh well, guess I better head in to bed soon then. Class was tiring today, but not like I attended them all. *sheepishsmile*

I let myself be persuaded easily by
Mel, Zhen Han and Darren [those culprits!] to skip a lecture and to go to Pyramid for lunch. Shame on me.

But, still, I gotta turn in early, because I'm waking up early tomorrow. Not for class, because I have Thursdays off, but to catch the live telecast of the Idol finale results. It's not like I like either
Taylor or Katharine [sorry, John!] but I want to catch it for the sole purpose of watching all the top 12 come back to perform, especially Chris and Elliott, and all the extra bits and pieces that they usually show.

I do however think
Taylor will win, but Kat will be way more successful. But that aside, I really don't care who wins. Because this would have been my ideal final two, so this part of my blog is going to be like a little shrine to them, lol:

normal_mar1414normal_8662335cgiammarco518200641438AM
Smouldering
Chris, and charming Elliott.

bselliottyamin34
normal_cap13
Because like us, they like wacky photos too.


normal_4photoshoot03_vintage_designnormal_bselliottyamin35
And they both look good with instruments. Lmao!

*

The song of the mo- Ricky Martin's [yes, surprise, I still listen to him!] It's Alright.

Thought of the minute- Zzzz.

Wish(es) of the day- For Ryan to glare at Taylor and Kat tomorrow and say "And the winner is...Chris Daughtry!" Hee, a girl can dream, can't she?

Thing(s) I should do- Pack my table so that I can have a nice, clean slate to study on.

Thing(s) you should do- It's Jia Min's bday, so drop her a line.

Favourite quotes since the last I blogged:

*Mel pores over Darren's Java coding for his assignment*

Mel: His writing is so terrible man. He use his left hand, is it?

Me: Yah. *pause* He's left-handed, what.

*laughlaughlaughlaughlaugh like two insane girls while the guys stare and wonder what happened*

*more laughing ensues as we tell the guys what happened*

:D!

Ahh, I love funny days like these. Hee hee.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram