Contrary.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Forces of nature. Here I sit, complaining about the loss of internet because lightning fried my modem. But today, we read about lightning killing people. A boy got struck, and died yesterday, while his friends suffered major skin burns. Scary stuff, isn't it? People play in the oceans every day, but those playing on December 26th, 2004 saw a wave unlike any other they had ever seen before. A wave so high, likened to a White Dragon on the horizon, which wiped away homes and lives. We use fire on our stoves, to light cigarettes up, birthday candles, while some where, on the other side of the world, forest fires spread, and arson, is happening. Burning down flesh and wood into ashes and dust.

Dangerous stuff. But I guess, what I'm trying to say is, it's
the unknown. Things that we are so used to, day in and out, could potentially become so much more. We never know what's going to happen.

Yes, you can say that that part of life, of not knowing, is the beauty of it. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and each to his own.
Contradictions, galore. Aren't we all?

*

Random-ness of the day.

~Photo-1254
Aaron pretending to be a ghost. Scaryyy. :D

DSC008991 Phone Pictures 062 DSC011181 DSC011201
DSC011191
Cam-whoring with
Mary's super canggih Sony Ericsson K-something-something-something-i which compiles three pics into one. My memory fails me yet again about the model of her phone. Check out our la-square poses, dude.

I always wonder. We pass judgement on people so easily. Tossing 'lala' into conversations daily. But have you ever wondered what these group of people whom we deem so, refer to us in return? Are we preppy, unfashionable? Do they have a term coined for us?

I've wondered, not because I'm worried about what they call us, but because I'm curious as hell. But does that mean we're going to stop using that phrase?
Highly unlikely. I know I probably won't.

I'm just writing random thoughts that float in and out of my mind, and trying to clear some stuff out of my head so I can hit the books because my Management books are a-beckoning me. And partially,
writing soothes me. It always does. It doesn't matter what I'm writing about, as long as I'm forming words in my head and mashing them up together to form sometimes gramatically incorrect sentences, because at the end of the day, I'm telling a story, like everybody else.

Words are powerful, they are. They evoke love, woe, joy, passion, lust, greed. Look at any one of the words in this post. Just a single word, they bear a single meaning. But take it away from my post, and tell me that you've done so. Would I have realised at one glance? No way. But when I sit down and take my time to read, I might notice a glaring absence of the word you have removed, which I have coined into a sentence of mine. To put it cliched-ly, you never realise what you have till it's gone.

It's just like people. Alone; you strive to achieve something. But together,
in our own sentences of people, we mean so much more to each other than we could ever comprehend. We may look like little dots from up above, but with the absence of any one of us words, the difference would be vast. Keep your friends close and treasure them. Because I know so many of us have lost people along the way, and to a certain extent. It happens; way of life. But that doesn't mean we regret it any less.

The sports section in the papers today says that one of our Malaysian football refs have been chosen to
train the World Cup referees or something. Some hype about that fellow not being able to make the cut to ref at the two previous World Cups and he really felt broken about that and felt rejected. So now, given this opportunity to be one of the four referees chosen to be trainers, he feels like it's the light at the end of the road for him or something to that effect.

When I read it, I went 'Hmm, drama much?' but looking back on it now, I suppose, in all fairness to him, congratulations is in order. Rejection is probably not easy, especially twice in a row. And well, he's Malaysian, so I suppose I gotta show some loyalty for our
Malaysia Boleh-ness. But you know, typically, I'm going to say that if all goes well at the World Cup with the referees, people are going to be gushing over the fact that a Malaysian got recognised witht the FIFA. In contrast, if there's a cock-up with the referees, you can just bet on hearing "Of course lah, Malaysian train them one whatt."

:D

*

Forgive me for the wordiness today. Too much thoughts.

So, I watched the Idol finale yesterday. So expected, but loved all the extra nonsense that AI came up with. The awards stuff for outstanding voice and all that crap. I loved that they honoured
Elliott's mom, though, because she seems like such a sweet lady, and the way she introduced him. "My Elliott Yamin". No other words but sweet.

The ending was just
anti-climatic though. The entire build-up to the results was grand, and in the end, it was like 'Okay, Taylor, congratulations, sing us out, and see you next year'. Hmm. Sorta like watching a great movie with twists and turns, and explosions here and there, when suddenly the lead actor wakes up and realises it's all a dream, and the movie ends. Heh.

There was this guy during the auditions who sorta impersonated
Clay Aiken and they got him to come back, presented him with an faux gold award and got him to sing. Just as I was about to yawn, someone walks up from behind him, and I'm scratching my head wondering who the heck that guy is with the Beatle looking hair. And surprise, it's Clay Aiken. And the look on that guy's was seriously priceless. He kept on wanting to sing the 'duet' so badly, that Ryan practically had to wrestle the mic away from him. :D Click here to hear the song. You can hear the audience screaming so loud when Clay Aiken appears.

Some other songs I've uploaded from the finale, if anyone's interested:

Chris & Live singing 'My Mystery'. Didn't like it the first time I heard it, but I love it now.

Katharine & Meatloaf with 'It's All Coming Back To Me Now'. Meatloaf is fifty different kinds of weird, man. I didn't get him at all.

Elliott & Mary J. Blige duetting on 'One'. She sang too much. Ish. Get outta the way, people wanna hear Elliott sing.

Oh and Toni Braxton was so trying to grind on Taylor. Ughh.

clay-aiken-01-2006-5-25-thumb
That Clay wannabe dude.

clay-aiken-03-2006-5-25-thumb
Out comes
Clay Aiken with a smouldering look.

8771102jonsquared525200654333AM
8771117jonsquared525200654319AM
The guys perform together. Love this bit.
Brotherhood and all that.

*

The song of the mo- I am totally loving me some Rascal Flatts after I downloaded an entire zip file of his album. So, every song in there is my song of the mo. Good stuff. I never knew I could enjoy country music this much.

Thought of the minute- Oh, did I tell you guys that One Tree Hill got picked up for a season four? Joy!

Wish(es) of the day- Stop raining!

Thing(s) I should do- Save up on cash.

Thing(s) you should do- Ooh, buy me this damn awesome bag I saw in Converse which has 'England' on it. It's part of their World Cup line, I think.

Favourite quote since I last blogged:

*Astro service gets disrupted in the middle of the LIVE telecast of the AI finale*
*phone rings*

Su: Wen! You can receive Astro at home or not?!?!!!!!

Wen: Don't have!! Something wrong! *panics*

Su: Scare me okay, I thought your Yee Kor never pay Astro bill!

*

*in Jo's car on the way to school to collect SPM cert*

Jo: Eh, just now your Astro got problem or not?!

Me: Yah weih! I totally freaked out!

Jo: Me also! I was panicking already, okay! I went search for the Astro Guide and find the number but I couldn't find! Wanted to call them!

Me: I know! Panic, right?! Damn scared miss the results, weih.

*

The things American Idol make us do. Lol. :D

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram