About Time.

Friday, June 23, 2006

So, does anyone else think it's weird that I don't blog as much when I'm on holidays? Blame it on the entire holiday inertia-like mood I suppose.

We went to Genting over the past weekend, and it was a bunch of mad, laugh out loud fun. It always is because the company's good.

peeps
The nine brave souls who took up the Genting challenge.

Resized0006
Waiting for the LRT. Why waste time? Snap away.

Resized0010
Waiting to buy tickets. Not passing down a good photo op.

Resized0021
Suki and Ching on the bus.

Resized0015
Sat & Jo.

Resized0017 Resized0020 Resized0019 Resized0018 Resized0211 Resized0209Resized0207 Resized0208 Resized0210
If you think girls are bad, you obviously have never met
Albert Tang. People, meet Albert, king of all posers nationwide.

Resized0045
Mary and I on the cable car while Jo was being *a bit* nervous.

Resized0046
Suki and Drew.

Resized0050
And we're here. Okay, at our rooms, rather.

Resized0051
Which way to the theme park?

Resized0055
LOL.
Albert got cut out by the fella who helped us take the pic. He doesn't look like he's with us, hee.

Resized0058
Genting's all about queueing up.

Resized0059
Swing, swing.

Resized0061
In line for the Solero Shot. We don't look nervous at all, do we? Heh, that's good acting.

Resized0066
And straight after the Solero Shot. Surprisingly, I expected us to look a little more dazed than this.

Resized0060
That's how misty it was.

Resized0074
You know
Andrew's been influenced when he's willing to do this with the peace fingers. :D

Resized0083
Like this pic, for some reason, but
Bert wasn't standing in the right corner. Tsk.

Resized0084
Mary and I, again.

werentlooking
While the guys were deciding what to do next,
Mary just snapped away.

Resized0070
Poser, much?

cam-whoring
One thing though, the guys are all expert funny-face-makers already. Jo needs to practice more though. That is not a funny-face lah, friend. :D

Resized0080
Mary, me and Sukkwan.

Resized0082
Omg. Tee hee.

Resized0099
I know. We know no shame.

Resized0100
What word is this? Take a guess.

suki
LMAO!

Resized0097
Looks like those old poses you see in 1940 Chinese dramas. :D

Resized0098
Whoa. Taiko.

Resized0103
Flying Dumbo and his two passengers.

Resized0104
Yep, we all went on the elephants. The kids were watching us and complaining to their parents, I think.

Resized0105
I tell you,
Andrew's getting way better at this selfshot thing. Back in secondary school, he took a video when we were all posing for a photo by accident and didn't realise what was going on. Hah.

newfriends
And we made some new friends.

Resized0130 Resized0134 Resized0132 Resized0133 Resized0131
Before dinner. Anytime's a good time.

Resized0156
Out for a walk at night after dinner.

Resized0165
Race to the finish line.

Resized0175
Everyone's getting sleepy. But nooo, must stay awake. Footballl. Football. Football. Oh look, I'm scratching my nose. Heh.

Resized0183
We stayed awake!

Resized0186
Goal!

Resized0194
Suki and Mary, the next day.

Resized0199
Only
Pek has the energy.

Resized0201
As usual, standing around, deciding where to go next.

Resized0213
Last pic of the trip at the station before going home from a great, great weekend.

Hope you had a great birthday celebration,
Mary. We love ya.


*

The World Cup is seriously messing with me, hah. I'm completely zoned out from watching those pesky 3 a.m. matches. My sleeping hours are all screwed up.

Because I promised
Nick I'd blog at least two lines about him, and he says that I've never said anything nice about him on this blog (Heh, he terasa-lah), I dutifully shall against my will.

Went to watch the England vs. Sweden match at the Banana Leaf at Centrepoint, thanks to
Nicholas Chan Xeng Hui, who so very galiantly fetched the three of us, and waited oh-so-patiently at the red light despite the lack of cars at 2 in the morning and us egging him on to cut it, or else we would've been caught at the road block, and 50 bucks poorer. So, Nick, my faithful Man Utd and England buddy, you are TEH man. Loud and clear. Just stop laughing at Gary Neville and you'll be even more TEH man. Good deal, no?

Bloody Banana Leaf charged us each 80 cents to watch football there. What in the bleeeeeeping world. Have to say, however, atmosphere there is great. I'm convinced 60% of Malaysians support England, due to EPL and all that. Only three or four people, out of hundred over, were cheering when Sweden scored. Our dear
Siokkwan was one of them.

The next day- my dad and I were discussing the match when suddenly...

Daddy: You got watch meh? You were sleeping wat.

Me: (Die!) Errrr, I- I- got watch wat.

Daddy:
Where you watch? (I swear, parents have some lie detector radar-thingy.)

Me: *meekly*
Mamak.

Daddy: Big girl already lah, go out no need to tell me anymore lah. Tsk tsk.

Me: You lock the room door already mah. So where to watch?
Go out lorrrrr. *makes puppy dog eyes at dad*

Daddy: Aih. Just be careful, okay.

Me: *phew*
Okay.

... So the next day, I actually didn't have to sneak out, but I WALKED out of the house and went to watch the Argentina vs. Holland match the next day, courtesy of
Sat's drivable Proton Wira after much persuasion. Bad, bad choice. You hear Argentina, and you hear Holland, and you immediately think, 'wah, damn good match', right? Bollocks, I tell you. Damn boring. It was Jo's first time watching, and sigh, we brought him to the wrong match. Sorry, Jo. But well, props to Sat for willing to come get all of us, even after us telling him to walk. :D

Well at least my dad's cool about it. Power of the World Cup I suppose. Better think of all the other things I want to get away with before the World Cup ends. Only once every four years.

*

Spent last night in Bangsar with
Manda, Sharmo, Sioki, MFong, and a bunch of Manda's college friends. Haven't had a night out like that in ages, so it was pretty good fun. Castle's always fun, because I don't have to pay a bloody cent. Pays to be a girl sometimes. No cover charge and free drinks till 1.

The weirdest thing was, the club got short-circuited. Weirdest thing ever. They were playing Shakira so obviously everyone was on the dance floor, and the lights went out and the music died. They started it up again, and it died. And again, and again, and again. We heard the opening bars of Hips Don't Lie for eight times, I think. :D Talk about overkill. I don't want to hear it again.

I heart girls night outs. Crazy laughter, loadsa dancing, guy spotting, and the bitching in the car on the way back about the creepy dudes, hee. Big thanks to Amanda for driving.

*

Nearly two more weeks before uni starts up again. Idontwannago!

*

The song of the mo- My chinese songs. ;)

Thought of the minute- Goodness it's already pretty late.

Thing(s) I should do- Start on my research assignment from Mary and Siok. :D

Thing(s) you should do- Make some plans to start watching World Cup soon, because it's already the round of 16!

Favourite quotes since the last I blogged:

*playing Taboo in the hotel room*

Me: (trying to describe 'rainbow', without saying the taboo words) Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purp...

Jo: (shouts) Capsicum!

Me: O.o?

Guess we shouldn't try playing Taboo after Chivas.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram