Dear Melanie.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Hey dear, how is it up there?

You must be happy, free of pain and one heck of a beautiful little girl. I wish I could see you. I wish I could carry you and watch you grow before my eyes just like how I watched the other kids grow.

For nine months we waited impatiently for you, for the new little bundle of joy to our home. We cried and prayed with you when the water level in your mummy's womb got lower, when your head was pointing the wrong way in the womb, when you were still too small to attempt a premature delivery. We celebrated when the water level increased after that, when you swam around in the womb and your head was pointing the right way for birth, when you were steadily growing. Things were going great and your mummy and daddy were so happy.

I still don't know what happened or why you had to leave us so early. You were developing steadily and we were waiting for your tiny liver to fully develop in the womb before you could come out and say hello to the world. Uncle doctor predicted that your birthday would be sometime next week. Just a week more dear.

There is not a heart that isn't heavy in this house. I cannot even imagine what it must feel like for your mummy and daddy. Especially your mummy. Your kor kor Aaron cried a little when he found out that his little sister was gone. Your che che Vanessa didn't understand it but she was so excited during the whole nine months, wanting to share her newly-painted pink-walled bedroom with you.

The piercings on my ears represent your brother, sister and cousins and when I knew you were coming, I got one more. And that's the way it will always be. You will always be with me, dear girl, and you will always be part of our family.

I'm sure you would have loved us just as much as we love you.

Be a guardian angel for your daddy, mummy, kor kor Aaron and che che Vanessa from up above, will you? Take care of them, look after them and help them be strong.

We miss you already, Melanie Khoo Ming Yan.

Lots and lots of love,
Your Wen Yee.

You Might Also Like

3 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram