Five Years in Passing.

Monday, September 11, 2006

It's been exactly five years ago; sixty months, or nearly two thousand days since two hijacked planes crashed into the World Trade Center.

Five years isn't a short period of time, but for those who have lost loved ones on that fateful day, it could, and probably has felt like forever.

I am on the other side of the world. I lost no one in the attacks. No, I don't know what it feels. And I can't even begin to imagine how it would feel.

Everything drew to a halt that day. People were stunned, people were shocked, all over the world. I was glued to CNN the entire day, a channel which I will shamefully admits does not get enough usage in my house. It was something that took the world by surprise, the fact that something like this could have happened amidst the bed of roses - civilisation - which we all blindsightedly think that we live in. You think you know, but you have no idea.

I won't get into politics, nor shall I get into a discussion on terrorism. This post, is for commemorating lost lives and their families, and for that sole purpose only.

The Fray, one of my favourite bands, posted this message on their myspace:

To our dearest friends,
This is the first 9/11 we are not in the US and it is a weird feeling. Being in Japan it does not have the same impact but we wanted you all to know we are remembering even halfway across the world.

A friend of ours at a radio station in LA sent us a mix she did of an acoutic How To Save A Life with news audio clipped in. Some of us cried when we heard it, some of us were just somber, but it brought all of us back to five years ago today. We wanted to share our experience hearing this song with you.

Our thoughts are with you all. We will never forget.

We miss you all,
Dave, Ben, Joe & Isaac; The Fray.

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life - How to Save a Life, The Fray

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram