Run, Jump, Shoot.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Remember that netball competition I was telling you about? If you don't, here's a recap:

Date: 15 September 2006
Day: Friday
Venue: Multi-Purpose Hall, Sunway University College
Team Name:
Happy Feet!
Super-duper chun players: 10 of us-
Mary, Sioki, Pekwah, Amanda, Sharm, Karen, Priscilla, Ashie, Ching and obviously, me. :D
Super-duper just as chun supporters:
Jo! Ming! Nick! Zhen Han! Mel! Bryan! Shawn! Oh and guy in the red shirt who I think is Shawn's friend. Oopsies.
Theme:
Bitchy-ness. Oh yeah. Supply totally over-exceeded demand. Is there actually demand, I hear. Hell yes, you need to be a bitch when playing netball. You can shake hands and be all buddy-buddy, but those very same hands will be used to scratch and push the person guarding you during the game. You can be sure of it.

This is the second year we've joined. And the second year we've gotten into fights. Click here for my last year's blog post.

happy_feet copy
First pic of a topsy-turvy night. Look at us, hair all neat, anticipating a bloody night on court. Hah. Go us.

CIMG2172 copy
Half of our supporter's camp. Go them.

Priscilla: Har, have to cut nails ar? I purposely keep so long to come back this year and scratch that bitch's face okay!


Take a look at the teams. [Let me clarify, straight away, that thing down there is not my work. You know my Photoshop work better than that, no?]

sunway_netball
Yeah, so there were six teams. Ignore the ugly. Focus on us.

Might I stress that we are a bunch of stamina-less people, who only had
one solitary practice the night before the tournament? Not to mention that there were only five of us practicing.

One of the guys, can't remember who: One practice only? Wah, you're SO gonna win, man.


I am also going to stress that most of the people we played against are *insert your choice word here, but I recommend that you use bitches* and their supporters are even bigger fucktards. Puny bitch, tomboy bitch, brinjal, smelly mouth. Let's just say we have a lot of nicknames for them. The puny bitch didn't come with an injury this year, but she came with an even bigger mouth and saccharinely fake exterior to the umpire.

Puny bitch: [Runs over from her side of the court where she is sitting to make a complaint about Pekwah during our last group match, which BY THE WAY, she wasn't involved in whatsoever] Miss, Miss! [makes some ridiculous, pointless, whiny complaint about Pekwah because, obviously, she's jealous]
Ming: [in raised voice] Woi! Mind your own business la!

Wah, I tell you, that day
Ming became a temporary hero. More hero than Gary Neville.


Umpire was biased and cockeyed. She did some nifty selective sight. So Pekwah did some selective speech to her, selecting some nice pointed words for her. Enough about her. She's totally unimportant and she wears her pants damn high. Enough said.

As for their supporters, those of you there know exactly which ones I'm referring to. Yes, you know who I'm talking about.
Miniscule squashed peas inside that space they call their heads. Boo-ing us throughout the competition, making snide remarks when we're passing and shooting, taking our ball away, picking a fight with Ming just because he went to get the ball back for us, and the worst part, making Ming apologise to the he-bitch. Just for the record, thank you so much, Ming, for getting the ball back for us. We were all ready to go over and hit those asswipes with our bare fists, if necessary.

Siokkwan: That time when those guys wanted to fight with Ming, my hand already grabbing the medal. Ready to run over and whack their heads with it already.

SMS from Ching on the situation cause I didn't see the whole thing: Earlier during the game when I was playing, she went and complain to the teacher right? Jeremy [our ex Student Council advisor] told her not to kacau and that its not even her team playing la, then Ming told her to 'mind your own business', not even a 'fuck off' like she deserves okay! Or even a very mild 'get lost'! Then when Ming went to ask for the ball, before he could even ask, the bapok no balls guys in a large group got aggressive and all! So after I pulled him away, Ming said he would go to them balless donkeys and tell them to forget it... Then the lead humpty dumpty forced him to apologize to the puny bitch! Making her seem like some hardworking innocent organiser of the thing who's just trying to make things better! Oh my god! What low lifes! Anyone know voodoo? I wanna puncture her oversized air head!

Hah. I SO love
Ching's recap. Humpty dumpty and donkeys all terkeluar.


ANYWAY, back to more important stuff. Won one and lost one in the group stages, but qualified second in the group and progressed to the semis. Won the semis pretty comfortably although super-defender
Priscilla had to leave and another super-defender, Karen had to fetch her home, leaving us short of TWO defenders. It's okay, we have super-versatile-players. Pekwah switched to defense although she's never played defense before, and Sharm switched from defense to attack, and I think Mary switched from attack to centre. See? We rock. We're super. Eat that, you bitches, one of which who effing scratched me.

Shawn: [trying to shoot during intervals while I was practicing my shots] The netball very light lor, different from basketball. So much harder to control.
Me: Have to aim ma. It's supposed to a girl's game. Supposed to be gentle one.
Shawn: Gentle? You kidding me ar? You all don't play very gentle also.


But bloody dammit, we lost in the finals. What more to the bitch and smelly mouth. Bloody hell. I hate losing to people who have no class. I recognise that she's a damn good player, she really is. All playing credit to her. It's just that she could have won differently. Some of her team members are nice, but unfortunately, they have to play on the same team as she is.

I have to say tha the teacher advisor of the netball club, however, is a very nice person and she was cheering for us during our final match when the other, like eighty people were cheering against us. They weren't just cheering for the other team, they were cheering AGAINST us. There's a difference. They were just being plain rude.

I put it down to lack of stamina, the loss of one player, and the lack of strategising on our part. We are so coming back next year with more practice under our belts.
Third time's the charm, no?

P1050833 copy
That girl in red, from the MVP team, seriously, she's our hero. We went to take a pic with her straight away after the whole tournament. She can play in every freaking position. Wing Attack, Centre, Goal Shooter, Goal Defense, you name it. I salute her.

CIMG2222 copy
How happy do we look? :D Notice everyone's messy hair after the whole thing.

Sharm: Aww, there's this pic where we look so happy, mouth in 'O' shape and all.


P1050828 copy
I'm pretty sure we took this picture just as they were announcing the winners so we totally ignored them. :D

CIMG2240 copy
AND... check out who won the best defender of the tournament!
Ms. Chong Pek Wah, yo. She totally thrashed their asses on this one. No fight. I cut out the umpire's face because I'm bitter, like that, and trust me, I'm doing you a favour.

It felt good to play the game I love (and probably the only game I can play properly), but I tell you, the aches that came the day after was hell. Every single part of our bodies ached. Arms, legs, abdomen, neck, butt, you name it.

P1050825 copy
It's okay. We placed second out of six teams. The other teams are from the netball club (except one staff team) and I think play pretty regularly. We are a bunch of bums with no stamina and no practice. Yet we still rock, and we know that, and they know that.
Big mwahs to all of you.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram