Fits of Giggles.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Jo, Siokkwan and I crashed a party today. By accident. And let me tell you, it was one of the funniest, strangest experiences I've had. LOL. I don't think I can put it down all in words, but I'll try.

It all started on Sunday night, where we were hanging out in SS2, when Siokkwan suddenly received a phone call. It was
De Shun (who by the way, is mine and Jo's Form 5 classmate, and is also the son of a teacher in our school for all of you who don't know. Her name is Pn. Fee. Why this is important, you might not see now, but you'll see later, I promise), inviting her to his farewell party. He told her that he was leaving for Monash soon, and invited her to his farewell on Tuesday night. Fine. She hung up, told us and the topic was done with. Soon after, Ching received the same call, and had almost the same kind of conversation as Siokkwan did.

Siokkwan: Eh, De Shun invite you to his farewell right?
Ching: Yeah, he said he's going Monash, so I told him I'll see him there 'cause I'm leaving on that night ma.

Okay. Topic closed again.

So today, after Siokkwan, Jo and the rest of the gang sent Ching off at the airport, and after I came back from Singapore, we decided to go for De Shun's farewell party for a short while. Before we left, we wondered a little about the party.

Siokkwan: He told me to invite you guys because he said he doesn't have your numbers wor.
Me: But me and Jo are his classmates wor, how come he got your number but don't have ours one?
Jo: Yalah, so weird one.

Never mind. Three of us piled into Jo's car and went off to Taman Mayang to look for De Shun's house.

Siokkwan: I smsed him to tell him that we're on the way there, then he msged back and said that he cutting cake wor.
Jo: Cake? It's his birthday meh?
Wen: No wor. De Shun's birthday is twenty something December one, I think. Maybe farewell cake kua.

Finally, we found the house and while Jo was in the midst of parking, it hit us.

Siokkwan: Eh, we never buy anything for him leh.
Jo: Oh yeah! Quite bad right, go for his farewell and never buy anything?
Wen: Eh, let's go and buy something now lah weih.
Siokkwan: Yalar, just a card will do lah.

Zoomed off to near Williams to buy a card, where the bookstore was almost closing.

Jo: After suddenly De Shun call us and say, 'I thought I saw you in front of my house already? Where you all went?' (everyone laughs)
Siokkwan: No lah, we tell them they saw wrong car lah, hee hee.

Rushed down to buy a farewell card for De Shun, and wrote messages in the card and all, addressed it nicely to De Shun, and left again for the house, while for some reason, Siokkwan kept on laughing at the fact that I wrote the 'Shun' bigger than the 'De'.

After parking, we walked to the gate and looked inside, and all the people who were there were all people from 5 Bunga Raya (which is also Siokkwan's class), and not 5 Cempaka, which Jo, De Shun and I were all from.

Me: Eh Jo, De Shun in our class one wat, how come none of the 5C people here one?
Jo: Dunno lah.

As we went in, the whole big bunch of 5 Bunga Raya guys were leaving, and Li Chun let us in.

Siokkwan: (to Li Chun) Hey Li Chun, where's De Shun ar?
Li Chun: (preoccupied with the group of guys leaving; he mumbled something incoherent)
Me: (watching the group of guys say bye to 'Auntie', wondering why it wasn't Pn. Fee) Eh Siokkwan, Puan Fee leh?
Siokkwan: Oh yeah hor.
Jo: (peeking into the kitchen, starting to get worried; grabbing me by the shoulder and pulling me to one side) Where's he? Are we in the right place?
Me: (peeking upstairs, starting to get worried too) Dunno weihh.
Siokkwan: (for the second time to Li Chun; getting worried AND confused) Eh, Li Chun, where's De Shun ar?
Li Chun: (confused) De Shun? I didn't invite him also.

OH. MY. GODDDDD.

UH. OH. CRAP.

I'm pretty sure those thoughts were running through Jo's and Siokkwan's mind, because that's what was running through mine. LOL!

Sound of the name 'Li Chun' + Sound of the name 'De Shun' = Super big mix-up.

Suddenly, it all made superb sense! Why De Shun didn't have Jo's and my number and had Siokkwan's although he was closer to us both, why there weren't any Cempakians at the party, why Pn. Fee wasn't there at all, why De Shun was cutting a cake although his birthday was in December, why De Shun was going to Monash although he initially told me that he probably wouldn't apply to Monash or something like that.

It ALL MADE SENSE THEN.

Because it WAS NOT DE SHUN. It was LI CHUN!

OMGLOL!

You guys should have seen the looks on the three of our faces and watched us trying super hard not to laugh and trying to hide the card with the super big 'De Shun' on it. It would have been bloody priceless, I tell you. Everytime Jo looked at me and Siokkwan, he would start giggling, and so he ended up looking everywhere except the both of us, and finally left to go to the toilet so he could laugh inside there. I was laughing into my pizza. And Li Chun's sister came into the kitchen and was like, 'why they keep on laughing one?'

OMG. Biggest mix-up. EVER.

We finally told Li Chun, and luckily he was okay with it, and we stayed, chatted for a bit, caught up with each other, and left with a damn hilarious memory.

I tell you, the things we manage to do. Hee.

You Might Also Like

1 spoke

  1. hey, wern ai here =). i just dropped by to check out what i've missed and gosh, this is the funniest thing i've come across in ages! haha, ROFL! talk about a mix up! =D but hey, at least Li Chun was okay with it! ^^

    btw, you in Australia already? i'm transferring to the US soon myself this Aug/Sept! hehe, all the best yea =)!!! till next time, take care!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram