Suckling Pigs.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Just a quick update - because I managed to steal some poor guy's wireless. Hee :P

It's so bloody hot in Australia. Apparently it went up to 38 degrees Celsius this weekend. Maybe it's a Chinese New Year thing. Every CNY in Malaysia it scorches, and that's exactly the same way it is here. Probably even worse. I don't think we've had a 38 degrees day in Malaysia for a long time, but then again, I could be wrong, since I don't exactly check out the weather forecasts.

So anyway, it's bloody effing hot. My skin is roasting. Like a suckling pig. I've got the two coloured skin tone again, just like how it was when we had to march for Sports Day in secondary school.

Orientation for the Monash Abroad students just finished and then next week I've got the orientation for the Caulfield students. The first orientation was loads of fun, people are majorly friendly; hopefully next week's one will be better. Pics will come soon hopefully, once I've gotten my Internet...God knows when that will be. *whines*

It's been so long that I've updated and I've done so many things that I don't know where to start, so I suppose I'll do it some other day. Just sit down and write the whole night away and post photos or something, I suppose.

Erm, hmm, what else... I love it here, I really do. I don't know if it might be way too early to come out and proclaim that, but I really like it here. But as much as I like it here, it doesn't compare to Malaysia because it holds everything dear to me. My mum called me last night and started crying and she made me all weepy too, sigh. And I still can't believe I'm spending my first Chinese New Year away from home. We had our CNY countdown on a bus yesterday night. Gee.

It sucks being away from home, but you know, I think I'll be okay here. I was worried initially about settling in, and friends and all the normal worrywart stuff, but I really think I'll be okay. People tell me that I'm going to have the time of my life, and I believe it now. So, yeah, please don't make me eat my words. Lol.

I think my family's going to call from home before they leave to my grandma's house for the usual CNY celebrations, so this is all for now. I'm going to go wait by the phone and let my mum and everyone else make me all weepy again. Hee.

Happy Chinese New Year you guys! I miss you all muchly. I miss the open houses and the mahjong and the ang paus, hee. Send my love to everyone.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram