I Knew It.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Papa called again yesterday, just five minutes after I finished talking to my bro, Su, Jo and Josh on Skype. Talk about coincidence. Was rather surprised because my parents don't usually call on weekdays.

Directly translated from Cantonese, so it might sound rather odd-

Papa: Wen ar, when is Ching Ching going back to Australia? (Yes, my parents call Ching, 'Ching Ching'. :P)

Me: I think twenty-something of this month kua. Why?

Papa: No lahhh, do you want a new phone? Can ask her to bring it back there for you.

Me: (speechless) ...why suddenly so good?

Papa: Bought one phone, quite suitable for you. Got 3G, and a lot of other features, big memory, bla bla bla...

Me: (wary, because I've been grumbling about my old phone since last year, and he keeps on telling me to wait till I go home) ...why suddenly buy phone for me?

Papa: (pauses) So I ask Ching Ching to bring for you, okay?

Me: But why suddenly buy phone for me?

Papa: (ignores my question) I charge for you first, okay?

Me: ...OHHHH. You bought a phone for YOURSELF and then don't like and then give me is it?

Papa: (sheepish laughter) No lah, on second thoughts, the phone is better for a young girl like you. So give you lor.

Me: (laughing) Must be too high-tech, you don't know how to use la.

Papa: (finally admits it) YALAH. So many functions, don't know what to press.


-_-"



I so knew it. Lol. But oh well, who's complaining? Not me, that's for sure. I'm just curious on which model it is, though. My dad couldn't remember. All I gathered, was just that it's a slider, like my previous phone, has 3G, and is a Samsung.

Results either out today or tomorrow! EEP. I'm actually feeling very sick to the stomach, everytime I think about it. It was my first time taking finals in a whole different country, in a whole new different environment. Is the marking the same? I know Monash is supposed to be standardised world-wide, but I can't help but feel a little tinge of fear.

What if I left out an entire question? What if I answered a question completely off-topic? What if I fail stupid, annoying AFF2851 and have to do it all over again? What if I fail everything and they have to send me home to Malaysia? OMG.

Dammit. If I fail, I'm sure Papa is going to change his mind about the phone. BOO.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram