Achy Breaky Arms.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Whoa. So it's been awhile since I've updated. Exactly a week. My arms are hurting like mad, and I need someone to whine to, so I decided to come here to rant. Lol.

I bought my
Taxation Law textbooks and my Commercial Banking & Finance book today and it burned a crazy humongous hole in my wallet. Or rather, it burned my entire wallet. (Metaphorically, of course, I sayang the wallet the gang bought me for my previous birthday very much and wouldn't let matches and/or lighters near it) Okay, I suppose, in actual fact, it's burning a mega hole in my dad's pocket more than anything else, but still, I feel the pinch, you know. It really is such a pain that my units got screwed around because of the exchange program and I end up having to do Taxation Law here in Australia. Generally, law books are very pricey. And the rule of thumb? Law units are bitch-hard, especially taxation law. And especially if you're me, because I'm pretty lousy with law. I mean, tax alone is a bad enough unit as it is. Add that with law, and it almost feels like I'm digging a deep trench to dive into. Even worse? It's Australian tax law. Meaning nothing of what I learn in this unit can be used in Malaysia. What a complete pain in the you-know-where.

But anyway, yes.
Three mega thick law textbooks, one commercial banking textbook, and the one management accounting textbook which I had to bring today. Carry them all back from campus, which is like a twenty minute walk. It's like lifting weights. I'm going to have defined upper arm muscles tomorrow (and very tired wrists). I want to weigh all the five books just to see how much it weighs, but the weighing machine's in Serena's room and I don't feel like lugging them all the way through the kitchen and to her room. But if you stack them all up, they're exactly the same height as my 600ml mineral water bottle. Hey, that's no mean feat, okay.

Plus, when I reached home, I saw another big stack of five textbooks wrapped nicely in UPS envelopes at my doorstep. My other textbooks from Malaysia arrived, some mine, some for
Serena's and one for Tricia. OMG, talk about book overload. I'm almost afraid to take a glance at the pile on my floor right now. It's very overwhelming.

Ugh, enough academic-speak.

Oh, I actually got a call-up for an interview last week. I applied for a range of jobs online back when I finally got my work permit and just got polite 'no' emails from a bunch of them, and didn't hear from the rest, so I just about forgot about the idea of working during the semester. Suddenly, out of the blue after so long, I get a call to go for an interview. Went to Bridge Road for the interview on Monday, and it was a
group interview. Yikes. I was the only international student, so that alone, in itself was rather intimidating. I didn't think I did that well and I s-s-s-stuttered a bit...so, yeah. I thought the only thing I'd get out of it was the experience of a group interview in Australia.

Surprisingly, I got the call today, and I got the job! Just rather speechless, because I didn't think I'd get it. And honestly, after going for the Tax Law lecture today, I know it's not going to be easy juggling classes and tutorial preparations, along with work and student union stuff; plus, let's not forget, maintaining a healthy social life. Hee. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

Tata for now. Don't forgot to miss me, will ya?

P/S: Happy early 20th birthday to
Mr. Choong Zhen Han. Since, it's your birthday tomorrow, maybe I'll take out the rubbish on your behalf. Maybe. If I remember. :P

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram