Lil Darlings.

Monday, March 07, 2005

Most of you out there reading my blog probably knows this already, but I'll still refresh your memories first. I was an aunt at the young age of 11 to my first nephew. And by nephew, I don't mean a cousin's son, but my brother's son. Yeah, there's this humongous age gap between my siblings and I, which is why I have the honour of being called "AUNTY!" by four young, boisterous kids. =P

Rascals they are, but lil darlings at the same time. Especially when they look up at you with those lil puppy dog eyes of theirs. I just melt into a big sticky gooey puddle of fudge when they do that. I'm a sucker for kids. Lol. And no, that does not mean I'm dreaming to have some of my own anytime soon.

123_2355
Innocent smiles, but mischievous schemes - Vanessa, Joshua, Joel and Aaron lying down.

I was feeling really tired today, and also kinda down. Worrying about results. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I do over-worry. It's a bad, bad habit. And I was worry and I guess it sorta showed on my face, cos even Joel (who's 6, by the way) noticed it.

Joel: Wen Kor, why are you so sad? *pats my head*
Me: My results coming out on Thursday.
Joel: You scared, ah?
Me: Yeah. *pouts, and tries to get comfort from lil 6-year-old kid. Lol.*
Joel: Never mind, don't be sad. Close your eyes. I will pray to God for you, ok?

*at this point, I'm already melting*

Joel: Dear God, please give Wen Kor good results, so that her teacher doesn't scold her. Give Wen Kor many many a lot a lot of As, ok? Amen. Jesus will make you a clever girl, Wen Kor. Ok?

It's amazing how a little boy can pick you up and keep you from feeling down and weary. And when you see their faces light up from the littlest things, you just wish you could be as young, as innocent, as carefree and without worry as these toddlers, and that their only care in the world was to be loved.

And I know that God loves me because he blessed me with these four for me to love.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram