Sweaty Socks.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I cannot play tennis.

Seriously.

I tend to play it like badminton. So, I'm constantly scooping the ball up, which makes the lil green tennis ball zoom and bounce like crazy from one end of the tennis court to the other.

But well, it was a good try. And I learnt that
I like to watch tennis more than I like to play it. So far, anyway. I'd like to learn to play it properly though. One day.

Woke up at what seemed like the crack of dawn to me, [Okay, so it was 7:50 a.m.] and made my way to college with
Ching. Met up with a bunch of college friends: Kai Han, Zhen Han, Melissa and Uncle Darren. Both of us had our first sort-of-slash-unofficial tennis lesson, and promptly spent more time picking up tennis balls than actually hitting tennis balls.

Although, there was this super-shot which
Ching hit out of our fenced tennis court into the football field. Heh.

PS: I also think I'm getting a little better at basketball. Maybe that's just because the hoops at college seem a little lower I've grew taller. Hmpf.

For some reason, we were both in such a semangat sporting mood, that we called up the rest of the gang and went to play badminton in the evening. Badminton was fun; we watched
Sukkwan do her Shaolin-cum-ballet badminton moves, Siokkwan's 'smashes', Jo's and my miscommunications on court, and of course, Ching whacking me on the head with the badminton racquet.

Owch. That hurt. And I heard some
ringing noises in my ears and saw a few stars. Reminds me of the time she kicked the volleyball into my face when she was aiming for something else far away from where I was standing. Hazardous to my health, I tell you.

That was a lot of sweat for one day. That, and the fact that we went to Ming Tien after that and probably ate off all our hard work. What was meant to be an innocent trip to get some fresh fruit juice after our TWO HOUR badminton session, turned out to be an eating session. I guess we can't resist ikan bakar and deep fried mushrooms.
Slurping-ly sinful.

Oh well, it's to work again tomorrow at Bristol-Myers Squibb to fill in for their receptionist for another time because it's their company annual trip to Sabah. So, it'll be two full days of answering phone calls for me.

"Bristol-Myers Squibb, good afternoon; how may I help you?"

Just try saying that really fast a few times and see if you get tongue-twisted. Lol.

And then, come Friday evening, it's off to Melaka with the council.
Road trip!!!! It's not the full council going, but nevertheless, it's gonna be tons of fun, I'm sure. I've missed spending crazy times with them, hanging around and bullshitting in the council room with nothing better to do. Probably the last official outing of our council.

Been watching tons of TV lately, and oh no, I think I've gotten hooked onto some new series: Grey's Anatomy and The O.C.

I know I'm a bit late to be jumping on the O.C. bandwagon, since the second or third season's already showing on 8TV but I've been watching the first few episodes of the first season because they're showing it on Astro, and it's pretty interesting. I still like One Tree Hill better of course, but well, Orange County's not too bad either; love the scenery and the houses, and well, Seth's pretty cute in a geeky way. Lol.

Song of the day:
Michael Tolcher's Bad Habits.

And one more thing. Daniel, our current not-quite Malaysian Idol is overrated. Ugh. Was watching the repeat of the season 2 finale, and EVERYONE can sing Daniel out of the water. Seriously. I want my Ashhhhh to be Malaysian Idol. I want anyone else to be Malaysian Idol. Okay, errrr, on the other hand, maybe not Faizull.



Ouch. My entire body's still hurting from our hard-core tennis/badminton session. Huff huff. Puff puff. We should really do this more often.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram