In Review.

Monday, January 09, 2006

What did 2005 hold for you? Do you even remember?

Honestly, I had no idea what I was going to blog about, because well, I'm kinda running out of inspiration. There's absolutely NOTHING going on right now to blog about, nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zip. Zero. Trust me, you would not be terribly amused by my bumming around encounters at home with the idiot box :) The idiot box is muahhh friendddd. And the brand-new DVD player, too. They switch on at the touch of a button, and they shut up, when you pull the plug. Good friends, those. Lmao.

Kidding, kidding. But, I digress.

Back to the topic at hand: My 2005. What happened? Amidst the three-hundred and sixty-five [and a quarter] days, which held
too much good times to measure, 150 kgs of laughters, 10 grams of anger, a few ounces of tears, two teaspoons of insecurities, and a pinch of bitchy-ness. [Yes, just a pinch. Lol. I'm not that bad.] Let's have a look at my 2005:

  1. Left the security of the turqoise pinafore and baju kurung behind and traded them in for the hustle-bustle big scenario of college. It's different. From the people you've seen everyday for the past five years, to a whole sea of new faces and a multitude of personalities. You see shallow people with layers of fake-ness. [Oh, and not forgetting layers of make-up, too. *insert eyeroll here*] But more importantly, you meet genuine people who you don't forget.
  2. Kept going at my blog. Wow. Amazing, huh? I am the typical specimen of someone who never finishes what she starts, but I kept on blogging, and learnt some basic HTML along the way. And yes, I'm proud of that.
  3. Managed not to drop my lovely Samsung handphone like how I did with my previous ones. Lol. I tried to be not so clumsy in the past year. And not bad; just dropping it three times ain't that bad for my standards.
  4. Gained more weight than I ever needed to. Not like I need to. 'Nuff said. Lol.
  5. Welcomed a new addition into the ever-growing Tan family of 11-A, Jalan SS2/57. Like most of you already know, Su's pregnant, and due somewhere in May this year.
  6. Got my driver's license! Big, big achievement. Hah.
  7. Sort-of taught myself to play the guitar. And I actually tried my hand at song-writing. Seriously. It's therapeutic. Music is my security blanket. I may be writing crap, for all I know, but it's good to get things out of your system sometimes.
  8. Travelled outside Malaysia for the first time since I was nine. [Nope, I'm not counting Singapore in this one here, because I go there so bloody often.] Hopefully, I will get to go to more places, and see more cultures, because I really enjoyed myself. It was a trip, where I was old enough to see things through my own eyes, and not anyone's else's, and process those sights into my own thoughts. Learning experience. Plus, I know I'll sound like a complete spoilt brat when I say this, but I think it was the first time I'd been away from home for so long without family members around. [Not that Ching's not like family to me, but well, you get what I mean. I hope.]
  9. Kept in contact with my close buddies. You guys know who you all are. We always worried [or rather, I always worried] that we would start growing apart after secondary school, but we didn't. It was a joint effort from all of us. *beams proudly*
  10. Found a new unhealthy obsession in the form of One Tree Hill. Lol. Me and Mary both.
  11. Got good results. SPM, and then MUFY. And I'm happy. Being the big ol' softie that I am, I cried both times, the first because I was ectastic, and the second because I was disappointed at first. But now I'm okay. I'm pretty sure that I am. As cliched as this is going to sound, it made me stronger. *cue sappy violins playing in the background*
  12. Became a whole shitload more thick-skinned. Thanks to the Sunway Ball. I'd packed away my shyness and approached whichever Tom, Dick and Harry I saw to get them to come to our ball. Mortifying, I know. I still can't believe I did that. Which brings me to...
  13. Planning the biggest-ever project of my life, with the largest capacity ever. The Sunway Ball. Though it was difficult, it was stressful, tempers flaring and boiling over, but through it, I had the pleasure and experience of working with some of the most talented, strong and amazing individuals. Our council rawks my sawks! Lol.
  14. Wrote 'I'm An Angel' more than 800 times. Don't ask me. No thanks to the Student Council of Sunway University College. Sheesh.
  15. Cursed a whole lot more than I should've. Gosh. It's not something to be proud of, definitely.
  16. We went picnic-ing at FRIM. Lol. One of the greatest times I've had all year, I think. [Aside from Sukkwan's camera getting dunked into the water by accident, of course.]
  17. And well, last but not least, I graduated from college. How time flies.

I had a fulfilling year. Did you? Give it some thought.

Random thoughts of the day:

'Intolerable Cruelty' starring George Clooney and Catherine Zeta-Jones absolutely sucks. What a load of crap. And a waste of time. But Catherine Zeta-Jones is beautiful though. Don't get any wrong ideas, please.

If your New Year's Resolution is to stop bitching, give this one here a thought: Life's a bitch, so sometimes we just gotta bitch right along with it. Lol.

I don't know what date it is. I seriously lose all track of time once it's holidays.

This song by Jack's Mannequin called 'The Mixed Tape'. If you're into rock-like bands, you gotta check it out. Or for those who don't, then there's always 'Only You' by Josh Kelley. Catchy song. Never heard of either of them?

I love 'Scrubs'. It rocks. Seriously. Stumbled across the blog of their lead actor, Zach Braff. Pretty funny, sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek read, check it out of you have time. Click here. And also, I found his brother's blog as well. Joshua Braff, who is an author. He'd posted two really emotion-provoking short stories in his blog. Do read them. He's got a very simple, yet descriptive flair in his words. Just scroll through the posts. One of them is called 'Day of Days' and the other is 'Coney Island's No Fun If It's Raining'.

Hope it doesn't rain. Want to go to pasar malam later.

Want to learn how to play tennis soon. Mary, Jo, when are we ever going to go?

I suck at pool. I suck at foosball. I've come to the conclusion that I can only play games that don't require too much coordination skills [unlike foosball] and only one ball/shuttlecock/whatever [unlike pool]. Which is why I can only play netball. Sigh. Less talented people like us.

Oh my goodness. I'm actually liking Ashlee Simpson's songs these days.

I want to watch 'The Family Stone'.

I absolutely hate irritating VJs. Those two twins grate on my nerves, seriously. Get a life, please. We don't really care for you on MTV, other than when you're actually leaving. As though one of you wasn't enough. Who was God trying to punish when he made two of you?

Last night's match between Man Utd and West Burton Albion was the worst match I've ever seen. Absolutely pathetic. Emphatic pathetic-ness.

And to end this blog post, here a line from this new TV show, Grey's Anatomy. It shows on TV3, every Wednesday at 11 p.m. A cross between ER and Scrubs.

Meredith: Whoever said 'what you don't know can't hurt you' was a complete and total moron. Because... for most people I know, not knowing is the worst feeling in the world. But as human beings, sometimes, it's better to stay in the dark. Because in the dark, there may be fear, but there's also hope.

I love shows with lines like these.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram