Movies, Music, Weddings & Randomness.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Bundled off to 1U today with Sharmin, Manda and Karen, for a movie, Night at the Museum. Heh, I thought it was pretty hilarious. Started off a little slowly, probably establishing stories and what not, but it was damn funny. I don't know if you'd like it if you don't like Ben Stiller, since a lot of people tend not to, but Owen Wilson and this other actor, who plays Octavius, will probably make you giggle. And oh, Robin Williams is in it too. Probably one of the better comedies I've seen recently.

Night At the Museum
Give it a try.

We had sushi for lunch, finally satisfying my crave for sushi since New Year's Eve. Yumm. I love sushi. We just kept on taking the dishes off the conveyor belt like it's free. It's bad for the wallet, because people just tend to keep on taking, and taking, and taking, not realising the colour of the plate, which indicates how much each dish is. Take first, pay later.

Not to worry when you have Ms. Karen Lim a.k.a. future super accountant around.

Karen: Right now, each one have to pay about 11 to 12 bucks each.
Sharm: Let's eat until 15 each lah. *pauses* Wait, tax leh?
Karen: (very as-a-matter-of-fact-ly as though she does it all the time - wait, she probably does) I already included it in.
Us: Omg, Karen!

Went off to Toys R' Us to walk around, looking for the Taboo with the new cards, but it was all sold out. Darn. We all wanted to chip in and buy one, since we managed to finish all the cards in one day, both the green and purple sides. Madness. It was fun, looking at the toys. Reliving our childhood days. We found out that
Karen hated Barbie dolls when she was younger, hee. Tossed a couple of balls around, messed with the styrofoam swords in the middle of aisles and debated about the many different kinds of water floats, while Sharm checked out the male models on the cover of the water float box. I'm sure the people at the counter, watching the CCTV monitor, would have been very amused. :D I sure would have been.

Came home, and the kids were still around.
Joel and Aaron were having a cold war because Joel didn't give Aaron the toy even when he asked nicely and Aaron boxed Joel in the chest. LOL. It sounds so funny typed out like that. They wouldn't eat in the same rooms, or talk to each other. I don't know why, but I just found the whole thing so amusing.

*

*phone rings and Joel answers*
Joel: Hello? Who do you want to speak to? *pauses* Sandy or Wendy? *pauses again* SAN KOR!!!
Sandy, my sister: Huh? My call?
Joel: (asks again) Who do you want to speak to? *pauses* SAN KOR!!
Sandy: Huh? Who's that? (meaning who's that on the line)
Joel: (gives her a -_-" look) YOU LARRR! Your name is San Kor wat!

Bwahahaha.

*

Ming wants a Star Wars themed wedding. LMAO. I can't remember what he will be, but Ching is supposed to be Amidala, Ching's dad will dress up as Darth Vader. And their wedding vehicle will be a Starship thingy. And the priest will be Yoda. "Kiss the bride, you may." Heh! And the little ringbearer and flower girls will dress up as Ewoks. And even more fittingly, we already have been calling one of his groomsmen Jar Jar Binks all this while ANYWAY.

bridesmaid
Mary, Siokkwan, Suki - this is our bridesmaid outfit.

lightsaber
Instead of your usual run-of-the-mill rose bouquets, the bridesmaids get to carry these. Fun, fun, fun. If I don't like the groomsman I'm paired with, I can zap him. Bwahaha.

ewoks
Ringbearers and flowergirls.

jar_jar_binks
Jar Jar Binks will be Ming's groomsman. That's you,
Mr. Tan Wenxue! :D

amidala2
Ching's wedding gown. :P

darth vader
The father of the bride. LMAO.

badass-yoda
The priest. "Dearly beloved, gathered here today to witness the holy matrimony of Lee Ming Hao and Tan Chia Ching, we are."

Ching's so not gonna marry him already. :P

*

Just for fun, thought I'd do a list of my top few songs on repeat at the moment.

In no particular order,

1. Saosin - You're Not Alone
(Awesome, awesome song)
2. Katharine McPhee - Over It
(Her first single off her album post-American Idol. Chris Daughtry says 'It's Not Over', while she claims she's 'Over It'. Okay, okay. Lame, lame, I know. Hang out too much with Nick already)
3. James Morrison - Undiscovered
(Enough with the James Blunt comparisons already. I like Morrison a lot better.)
4. Jason Mraz - The Beauty in Ugly
(Catchy, as always)
5. Frankie J feat. Mannie Fresh & Slim Thug - That Girl
(Clubbingggg. :P)
6. Evermore - Light Surrounding You
(Pretty, pretty song)
7. Take That - Patience
(Their comeback song, heh. Like Sharm says, they must be dead broke, hence the comeback)
8. Teddy Geiger - These Walls
(He surprisingly sounds like Gavin DeGraw here, which is why I like it so much)
9. The Dandy Warhols - We Used To Be Friends
(Theme song to Veronica Mars - which btw, is an awesome show)
10. Something Corporate - Me and the Moon
(Piano-driven rock; Andrew McMahon, who fronts Jack's Mannequin, this is his other band.)
11. Vega4 - Life is Beautiful
(Has a very Snow Patrol sound)
12. Smith Point - Goodbye
(Good alt rock song)
13. The Veronicas - I Could Get Used To This
(More catchy melodies)
14. The Perishers feat. Sarah McLachlan - Pills
(Awesome.)
15. The Spill Canvas - Staplegunned
(Obscure band in Malaysia, but pretty big in the States)

*

Awww,
K Vin just messaged me three long text messages because he thought I was leaving on the 8th of January! It's okay, K Vin, I'll save those awesome messages and read again when it's February. ;)

*

Going to get laptop and new specs tomorrow. Purchasing things with money that doesn't belong to me is always fun, no? :D

*

I don't think I'm very good as this new Blogspot labels feature because I'm so random, and trying to label my entire post will be a headache, LOL. Look at how many labels I've put for this post!

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram