More Like Home.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

...but still not quite.

You know what I mean. This room, this house, will never be home. But right now, after I have
Wendy-nised my room, it is feeling more like home. Just that it will never be home.

I went to buy my linens yesterday, finally. Hee. Spent a whole shitload of money, but yeah, it was a necessity, and Papa did tell me to spend on necessities, and well, Monash did bank in my AUD2000 travel grant already. :P

We went clubbing on Friday night, which was the night before, and
G-Mun and Quinnie stayed over at our place after that, so G-Mun drove Quinnie, Serena and I there the next morn because we all needed to get things.

Clubbing was boring. We went to this club called Amber, on... Lonsdale Street, I think? Yeah, anyway, it wasn't intentional. Quinnie, Serena and I were shopping in the city (I bought two gorgeous dresses, shh!) on Friday afternoon, and so it happened, Maria, this girl whom I met from the house party, texted me to tell me that there was gonna be a Monash Exchange pub crawl that night.

A
pub crawl, seems to be very much part of their culture here. Pub crawl, or sometimes also known as booze cruise. You meet up in one pub, and then just basically make your way from pub to pub. Monash Exchange Club, or Monex, planned this bar crawl on Friday night, which was what Maria told me about.

I wanted to go, and hee, the rest wanted to go with me too, so we left for dinner in the city first.
YK, Aaron, and a bunch of others met us after dinner, and we were already late for the pub crawl. We made our way to the second pub on their itinery, but by that time, it was so difficult to find the other exchange students, the bar was crowded, and besides, most of them who came with us weren't exchange students, so the rest of us decided to split and to find our own bar.

Jasmine, Kai Han's friend, led the way around the streets, and we ended up at Amber. Caryn came too. Finally, first club in Australia. It was interesting, though, because we had clubbing virgins with us, hee. It's always interesting to see people's first experience of a club.

The inside was okay, they had pretty lights that reminded me of
Maison's. But we were early, and the crowd wasn't there, and the music SUCKED bad. Ick. I can't believe I'm actually missing DJ Goldfish and t-Bone. That's how bad it was. Just as the music started picking up a little, we had to leave because the last train leaves at 1.04 a.m. WTF. I have never left a club so early in my life before.

We ran like MAD to catch the train from Flinders, which was like what, maybe two streets away? Omg. The ten of us were
literally running across the streets and to the platform, and just as the last person stepped into the train, the doors closed and the train started moving. Talk about timing!

So yeah, both of them stayed over and the four of us went to Ikea, which is in Victoria Gardens Shopping Centre in Richmond, after everyone woke up. Which wasn't thaaaaat early, lol.

Got all my necessities - laundry bag, mouse pad, rug. But what I really needed was my sheets and quilt and quilt cover. I've been sleeping on a bedsheet-less bed for over a week before yesterday night. It's because
it's a double bed, so none of the sheets the landlady left fit, and I didn't want to just buy any lousy bedsheet from Coles (which is equivalent to Malaysia's Tesco), so I wanted to wait till we went to Ikea. But so disppointing, I tell you. Their quilt covers were all seriously ugh-ly.

Went over to K-mart (which is a departmental store, way better than Jusco, though) to look for quilt covers in a rush because it was already 5:40 and they closed at 6. Yes,
shops here close crazy early. No such thing as malls opening till 10 pm. Shops close at 5 normally, and 9 only on Fridays. Imagine that.

But yay, I finally have my sheets and warm wool quilt and pretty Hawaiian looking quilt cover. Heh,
Adam will have nothing to complain about the next time he comes to visit from Frankston. So many complaints and he wasn't even sleeping in my bed, just sitting. -_-"

Aaaah, had such a good night's sleep last night in the newness of it all.

P1150130
Preeeeeeeeeeeetty.

P1140121
I have ceiling to floor mirrors. =P

So yeah, it's beginning to feel more like home because I have all this stuff which I personally chose and bought in my room. I have linens, my icky uni books, collage of photos of family and friends (
Siokkwan, I chose the pretty pictures of you like you requested in case any new friends come into my room :P), so it's comfy and home-like.

Again, it will never quite be home. Because there are
no gregarious toddlers coming in and out of my room jumping on my bed, no mum and dad rapping on my door, complaining about my constant need to lock the door, no chi muis lazing around on my bed gossiping, no rumbly air-con noises. Little things like that.

I am odd, am I not?

*

It was the
Australian GP today! Gahhhh. F1 is back! And I can have my sports dosage back. I am so behind in EPL news that it's pathetic. I miss Man Utd. I miss Gary running down the right flank. All they care about here is their Australian football, which is like a weird cross between soccer and rugby. I tried watching it once and I don't understand it, eesh. So anyway, because Mark Webber's Australian, they will definitely broadcast the races here, so thank god for that.

Although, the teevee is
seriously crappy and fuzzy and lousy. Sigh. But well, Kimi was on pole, how could I not watch? Perfect race, dude. Gah. He WON. Take that, Fernando Alonso. *sticks tongue out*

It's weird to be supporting someone who drives for Ferrari though. I've always been a McLaren fan since the days of
Mika Hakkinen and then it worked out perfectly when Kimi went over to McLaren after Hakkinen left. But now... you have Alonso polluting the shiny-ness of the McLaren team. Even worse, his face has been plastered all over billboards in Australia because Vodafone sponsors McLaren this year. He just doesn't fit the McLaren team. Ick. :( Which is such a shame, because the other McL driver, Lewis Hamilton is one superb rookie. Third place on his freaking F1 debut. WHOA.

P1150125
That's how fuzzy the tv is. But s'okay, Kimi makes fuzzy look good.

The Flying Finn is back and I am seriously one happy girl.

Just ask Serena, I was
happily mopping the floor after Kimi won. Lol.

*

Yao, who's our other housemate from China (who btw, is doing her Masters in Commercial Law. Respect.) cooked Serena and I dinner tonight. She's super sweet. And a good cook. Yum.

P1150126

P1150128
Good food.

I know I have a lot of updates to catch up on and I'm working on it. I shall resolve not to be a lazy blogger while I'm here.

Ta, people! Leave me a msg on the chatterbox, kay?

Oh yeah, and it's getting colder. Brrr. You people probably think I'm crazy, but I actually like standing in the sun now somedays because it's warm.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram