Daddy Dearest.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

First up, about AFF2851. Ugh. May this be the last time I ever complain about you.

You know, my standard answer to my parents whenever they ask me how an exam went, would be, "
Okay-lahhh." Over the years, I've learnt to give this answer to my parents, because if I say it went really well, then they get their hopes up really, really high; and if I say I did really badly, they will go, "Oh, see lahhh. Ask you don't go out so much already". -_-" So yes, 'okay-lah' becomes my favourite answer.

But
AFF2851, aka Accounting Info Systems and Financial Modelling, aka possibly most redundant unit I've ever taken besides Management MGW1010 (Okay, the AIS part, that is), aka Wen's weakest unit because she's just plainly shit-useless at spreadsheets and Excel and all that jazz, was definitely not 'okay'. It was so awful, omg. I pray I pass. Seriously. I do not want to start failing units now, especially all the way here and when my parents are paying more for me to be here. And I do not want to be failing this unit of all units. Gulp.

3 Down
On a brighter note,
this much down! Hee. The ruler, I added for effect, just to emphasize how much it really is. Out of my life you go!

Okay, on to the next thing:
my daddy.

Recently, there apparently was a problem with
AMO contact lens solution. Apparently all over the news or something like that. Maybe it was broadcast here either, I have no idea, but yeah, my dad called me from Malaysia about two weeks ago to tell me about it.

Me: (checks caller ID) Hi, Pa!
Papa: EH WHAT CONTACT LENS SOLUTION DO YOU USE?
Me: (taken aback) Err...
Papa: ARE YOU USING AMO?
Me: A...M...O?
Papa: CAN GET CANCER YOU KNOW!

LOL. No, nothing so drastic, but apparently all the
AMO Complete MoisturePlus solutions for sale in the market were recalled by AMO because it apparently it was found that users of this solution had seven times greater risk to Acanthamoeba keratitis, which can apparently cause cornea ulcertaion and cause severe loss of vision, temporarily or even completely.

My father, the drama queen.

Want to know how I knew all that? Easy.

Today, I got a letter from my dad. I was so happy when I saw it in the mail. Was actually waiting for my work permit to come from the immigration, but instead saw this, and instantly recognised my dad's awful scrawl.

Envelope
So I so very excitedly thought, "Hmm, what could it be? It's so thin...ooh, MAYBE IT'S A CHEQUE." [/dream]

Ripped it open, all happy at the prospect of mail and what do I find?

.
.
.
.

Newspapers 1

Newspapers 2
Newspaper clippings of the AMO situation. -_-" The Star, Tuesday 29th May 2007, pg. 27 of the Nation section. LOL! I had a good laugh when I saw it. Papa, oh Papa. How I love your quirkiness so.

Serena had a good laugh too when I showed her. She thinks my dad is extremely hilarious now, I think. Lol.

Serena: (laughing) "What you think your mother would have said lah?
Me: "She would have laughed at him or... (pauses to think) Eyy, she could have been the one who asked him to do it too! (laughs somemore)

My parents are so funny.
I blame all my weirdness on them, lol.

*

So yes, my brother came awhile ago, as most of you probably already know. They left on the Saturday after my first paper, and called from the airport as they were going through customs. Sigh. Got a little teary when
Josh said in a teensy-tiny voice, "Buh-bye Wen Kor *sniffle*". I swear that little boy's going to be a heartbreaker one day.

Pictures of our yumchar lunch! (Yes, yum cha here refers to having dim sum in the day, people. I know it's weird, lol. Everytime someone here mentions yum cha I get a flash of Maybank mamak and Murni's.)

Joel and I
Cheeky-darlin' Joel and I. He's so tall. And it's just been four months! How come he seems like he grew so much?

Yee Kor & Amelia
Amelia sweetie pie, and my awesome brother. Isn't she super adorable? She's such a sweetheart and can walk so well now. And I think she still remembers me, because she warmed up to me straight away and let me carry her and stuff when I went over to Su's parents house for dinner. Sigh. She's so cuuuute. I'm missing her already.

Josh
Adorable Josh.

Su, Amelia and Josh
Su, Melia and Josh. Su's hair looks sooo different now, I was so shocked, hee.

Serena
Serena came too! This picture was taken by Joel, all by himself. Proud
sial.

Me, Josh and Joel
Me, Josh and half of Joel. Sigh. Good time.

Wen Kor misses you all already, darling boys and girl. And the darling big adult boy and girl too. Lol. Can't wait to see you guys again.

*

Zhen Han's family came to visit a week ago, and his mum was the sweetest ever. She stayed at home, cooking us meals to store in the fridge so we could just reheat all the stuff during our exams to eat. She made nyonya ba-chang, and curry chicken (which I didn't have because I was sick, boo), and dumplings with dear Yao.

Dumplings
I know you all are jealous. Lol. Especially
YK.

Dumplings 2
Proof that it wasn't just a picture of dumplings in a restaurant. Hee. We have the actual steamer and all too, now.

*

Geez, I know I said
exam-hiatus. But, then I come and post a meaty picspam. Tsk. I've been so awesome at procrastinating. I'd sit around, read a few lines, and think, 'oh hmm, I should clip my toenails'. Random, I know!

Then, I'd read another few lines, fiddle with my hair, and think, '
oh, it's been awhile since I plucked my eyebrows'.

Fine. All happy and plucked, I'd sit down again, read say another paragraph or so, and get up again. This time to moisturise the area which I've plucked because it felt dry.

Fast-forward to the next day during studying: '
OMG, I just plucked my eyebrows yesterday. How come there's hair there again so fast? o.O'. Either my eyebrows have super-hero insta-growth powers, or my moisturer is a mangkin for quick hair regrowth. Or maybe I'm just blind. Heh.

Okay, enough rambling for tonight. I have to go study Cost Info now, but all this rambling has made me so tired. Sheesh.

See you all on Friday after freedom. Ooh wait, maybe I'll see you all on Saturday instead. Since I plan to be outttttttt the whole of Friday after the paper. Hee.

P/S:
Ms. Caryn Yan gets a special sentence because she's got a Financial Accounting paper tomorrow and it sounds like a bitch-hard subject. ): Talk to you soon! All the best to others taking FA too- Sotong, and I'm not sure who else. Jasmine? Are you taking FA too? If yes, good luck!

P/P/S:
Kelly Clarkson's new album, I like. There's a song named Chivas. How not to like? Lol. But yes, it's awesome, and I love.

P/P/P/S: The OCD-ness in me has managed to obtain the help of an online photo-resizer and yay, everything looks better again. :P

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram