WAG Wedding-thon.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

I can't for the life of me understand what was so special about last weekend, but apparently England footballers found it to be very special indeed. Four, yes, four of them tied the knot. John Terry on Friday, Gary Neville, Steven Gerrard and Michael Carrick on Saturday. I mean, yes, I know it's off-season, but surely there could be other weekends other than that one? Heh. Talk about off-pitch rivalry, making everyone choose which wedding to attend. Lol.

John & Toni
John & Toni Terry.

John & Toni 2
I'm very amazed at how quickly the magazine hit the stands. It was out, say maybe three to four days after their wedding? They sold their wedding picture rights to some magazine like how David Beckham did.

John & Toni 3
The couple with Ashley & Cheryl Cole, and Rooney & Colleen.

John & Toni 4
Picture of Frank Lampard in a suit, especially for
Mary.

Michael & Lisa
Michael Carrick and his high-school sweetheart Lisa Roughead. Lol, that guy's hair on the right, looks like a mop.

Gary & Phil's Son
Gary with Phil's son. Aww. Phil was his best man.

Gary & Emma 2
Gary & Emma Neville.

Gary & Emma
I like her flowers and her dress... and her husband.

Gary & Emma 3
Sigh. Wedding pictures are so sweet.

Steven & Alex
I couldn't find any pictures of their wedding, so I suppose they also sold the rights to their wedding photos to some gossip magazine like John Terry, just that it hasn't hit the press yet. Should be out soon.

Steven & Alex 2
She kinda reminds me of Paris Hilton. Whether that's a good thing or bad, you decide.

And while we're on the topic of weddings, here's two excerpts on
David Beckham's wedding from his biography and Gary as his best man.

"The next morning, I was pacing about in the corridor getting myself nervous about what lay ahead. I found myself outside Gary's room and I could hear talking. He couldn't be on the phone: there wasn't one in the room. The stone walls of the castle meant he'd be lucky to get decent reception on his mobile. I couldn't help wondering what he was up to. I opened the door as quietly as I could. Gary was standing there in front of the mirror, holding a can of deodorant in front of his face like a microphone, practising his speech. I knew how he was feeling, of course, after the time I'd had the night before. But I burst out laughing anyway. Gary did too. It was going to be a big day all round. I realised how seriously he was taking it when the manicurist arrived. And I was honoured: Gaz had waited for my wedding day to get his nails done for the first time in his life."

"And then, to Gary: without me knowing, my best man had asked Victoria to lend him one of her sarongs. By the time we got to his speech, everybody had had enough wine to be right in the mood. I didn't have a clue what he was going to say. Or do. It was a good start, anyway, him standing up wearing this sarong. Gary was really funny, although maybe the funniest thing of all was by accident. Every time he cracked a joke, he forgot to take the microphone away from in front of his mouth. What happened to all that practice with the can of deodorant? It meant you could hear Gary giggling away to himself at his own jokes. He was as nervous as I'd been, but Gary was great. The whole day was."

*

Their BFF-ness is too cute. But Becks was too busy playing his last match for Real Madrid and didn't make it to Gary's wedding. How can?

Click here for a more
pat-kua write-up on the four weddings over that weekend and have a moment of silence for Mary, Sharm and I for the loss of Terry, Gerrard and Neville.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram