And It's Raining Red Once Again!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Just this afternoon the older brother and I were watching a dvd of the 1985 Live Aid concert, and it was THE Freddie Mercury of Queen performing. We lamented the loss of a great voice and talent just as he was singing We Are the Champions. And sing it he did. The raw-ness and the passion in his voice during that song, just wow.

And for the past hour- that very same song has been ringing in my head. The same Freddie Mercury live version because nobody has ever quite nailed it like he does. And it still is ringing..

Because WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIENDS!!!

AH OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY JOY WOOOOOOT!

After ninety minutes of curses in multiple languages and sitting at the edge of our seats at Taste of India (Seriously, don't ask about the name. Heh.), Ming, Nick and I breathed easy. Stress sial. And to think I told my mum I was going out to watch the match to release stress. How ironic. It's more stressful to watch Wigan attack in the same period of time at which Shevchenko got the lead for Chelsea, than it is to rush for the Investments deadline.

But dammit, was it worth it.

Seeing Giggs come on, equal Sir Bobby's record, score the clincher, clear a shot on the line in MU's goal mouth, and then lift the trophy, with his 10th EPL medal. It couldn't have been a sweeter win. (Okay-lahhh of course it would have been sweeter if Gary had played but at least I got to catch a few glimpses of him a very dapper suit.)

Me: "Damn yeng wei his suit."
Nick: "Of course wear suit la. So old, going to retire and become coach ma. :D :D :D"


Sei Nick lah. Gary will be back next season okay. -_-"


The man himself. Tenth winner's medal.


Glory glory gloryyyyyyy.


I like how they actually put the real trophy here waiting at the JJB, and the replica at Stamford Bridge.


Our man of the season, Mr. #7 himself.


And the man who has done it all. Ming and I kept on wondering how he does it every day without bursting his arteries. By the time I'm 40, my heart is going to be damn weak from all the football I've watched, I bet.


What's a celebration without celebratory champagne. Although, that's gotta be burning Rooney's eyes.


More champagne with the Giggs. Ooh, and because Gerard Pique's behind and he's hot even though he doesn't usually do much. Heh.


Happy happy jump jump bounce bounce. :D


It's so funny to see full grown men decked out with all the celebratory gear. Although, I really don't know where
Tevez and what looks like his grandmother's blue bed sheet tied around his neck features into all this, but like Ming says, when you're the champions you can do whatever the fuck you want. Lol.


The Barclays Premier League Champions 2007/08. Manchester United.

*

And omg, I was going to end this post with that and carry on with doing my Investments reference list but then Yahoo refreshed and look what I found!


Ryan and Garyyyyyyyy!!! If only
Scholes were there to complete it. My two favourite red devils and two out of three remaining members of Fergie's Fledgings left at Old Trafford. How I miss the six of them so :(




Ten days time. And the red devils go marching on to Moscowwwww.

You Might Also Like

0 spoke

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

For the Gram